I was going to wait until I bought some parts, but alas, here we are. This is a 2015 Volvo XC70. Sorry it's not a brown, VW diesel-powered 245 with a manual, but it's my money. And my money netted me a 300-horsepower T6 with AWD. Besides, I owned a wonderful 245. 

Future plans? Polestar tune, which nets me an easy bump in horsepower and an ipd rear sway bar. Exhaust is a want, but there's no aftermarket kit for the P3 wagons stateside. My goal is to just enjoy it and maybe autocross it once that becomes a thing again. 

First mod? Prancing moose stickers. They just feel right. 

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/20 9:12 p.m.

It's almost entirely up to you to make literally anyone realize how cool these things are! 

I haven't even driven a T6 (of this gen), and im very confident i want one... 

untchabl
untchabl Reader
5/24/20 10:48 p.m.

Check out 8eight Fab on Facebook. He builds custom exhaust for lots of different Volvo's and his work looks amazing. Haven't used him personally but seems to build nice stuff.

In reply to untchabl :

Sadly he only makes downpipes. 

It sucks because ipd makes a full exhaust (which sounds amazing) for the S60, S80 and V60, but the longer XC70 gets only the downpipe. 

untchabl
untchabl Reader
5/25/20 8:45 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) :

Didn't realize that. He offers a full exhaust for my C30 so I figured he'd have a full exhaust for your Volvo as well. I know he does alot of custom built setups so he may be willing to build an exhaust for yours if you message him.

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
5/25/20 9:51 p.m.

Is it longer in one of the straight sections? You can literally fix that with band clamps and a hack saw if you are REALLY hard up to not have a piece of pipe welded in with a real life welder. 

In reply to Vigo (Forum Supporter) :

I believe so, yes. Which give the car a problem according to my google-fu: drone. I read somewhere (and of course I don't recall where) that people took a system for a S60 and modified it for the XC70 but had a terrible droning issue. I'd hate to spend good money for an exhaust that drones.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/27/20 10:56 a.m.

I know how to fix the drone!

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Sadly, with a transverse inline 6 my view would be blocked. Maybe I just shoot them straight out the grille?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/27/20 12:00 p.m.

Hey it's your idea not mine....

BarryNorman
BarryNorman New Reader
5/27/20 12:55 p.m.

Be sure to point them down. You'll be an undertray and some garden edging away from a blown diffuser.

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
5/27/20 11:28 p.m.

Drone in an otherwise very nice luxury station wagon would irritate me too.  Any exhaust system with high expectations to live up to is going to end up an expensive experiment, sadly. 

Jordan Rimpela (FS)
Jordan Rimpela (FS) Dork
11/23/20 6:47 a.m.

So no exhaust. Not yet, anyway. I have, however, racked up 9k trouble-free miles, though.

While there's no exhaust to celebrate, I did decide to shod it with new shoes for winter:

petemc53555
petemc53555 Reader
2/2/23 2:20 p.m.

Nice looking XC.  

Do you still have it?

Reliability impressions?

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
2/2/24 7:44 p.m.

In reply to petemc53555 :

Whoops, missed this. Yes, I still have it, and reliability wise, it's given me 40k miles free of any issues. Well, it needed a battery this fall, but that's it outside of oil changes and tires.

The only issue I have with it currently is that with the loss of 3G towers, the car needs a software update or somesuch, as it can no longer communicate with Sirius XM. But that's seriously it. Great car, great power.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
2/3/24 1:30 p.m.

I mean, just look at it, will ya

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mqweAfmF4NHMqb0iKvVQKjciI3IeyCLAaQSMKsHpuM8jOB12hhEM2S9uuO3L19oK