1 2 3 4 5 ... 33
pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
2/14/18 4:37 p.m.

Truck passed the nut an bolt inspection.  You are going to need a new upper ball joint on the drivers side.  The exhaust has a few pin holes by the welded joint of muffler.  

No rust that I could see.  I washed it as well which highlighted how terrible I am at applying plastidip.  wink

Put some gas in it, it drives well and the A/C is cold.  Can't wait to see what you do with this thing.

If you change your mind about the camaro steelies and decide that a set of 80's tastic wheels better suit your needs there is still time...  cheeky

It  does look pretty awsome on the steelies.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/14/18 4:41 p.m.

Thinking that I'll stick with steelies for a while. Lawyer said today to not get in a hurry about the elky..

Good to know on the rest. Thanks again for this. I really appreciate it.  How bads the upper balljoint? Are we talking bring one with me, or worry about it next week?

I may jusf grab the complete upper control arms.  Theyre like 80 a pair on eBay. 

And thanks for the free wash job! You really didn't have to do that.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/14/18 4:49 p.m.

My experience shows a vehicle always runs better when it gets washed.   It also always rains after that.  How's the wipers?  Silly question, but if it does rain, they're nice to have.

My friend has one of these, lowered with flat disc full wheel covers.  Looks nice.  Just a thought.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
2/14/18 5:24 p.m.

Ball joint isn't loose just has a torn boot.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/14/18 5:55 p.m.

Ah. Cool. Simple enough!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/14/18 7:11 p.m.

Inspiration to keep the step side. I much prefer them over the fleetside.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/14/18 7:22 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Inspiration to keep the step side. I much prefer them over the fleetside.

Oh my. Oh wow.  This is beautiful. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/14/18 7:49 p.m.

Nick: im gonna need more info on the quoted truck. I want it. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/14/18 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

This is all I could find.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533664

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/18 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

You may already be familiar with this place, but I recently discovered it. They do have a website, but they seem pretty old-school so I just ordered their catalog. The prices aren't always cheap, but they have parts I had no idea were available. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 6:01 a.m.

Nick: thanks! More than i would have found....

Pete: forgot all about lmc. Its been a minute since i had a late model chevy.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
2/15/18 6:17 a.m.

FYI, as far as I know, it's supposed to rain friday/sat in the carolinas. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 6:32 a.m.

Well, guess I'll throw new wiper blades in my spares box.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/15/18 7:33 a.m.

You're in good hands.  You're not the first person here to buy a car for Jeremy (myself included a couple of times.)  I have always been impressed with the condition equaling the description.   

If you are going to Beach Blvd, it's a cool place out back.  All who have been there wish we had a similar set up.   If you are going there, first look at your GRM Challenge Edition.  The owner is the father of the 31st place finisher in $2017 (their first entry.)  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 7:44 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I have unshakable faith in the members of this community.  This is the only place that I would buy a car sight unseen, with no negotiations, and plan to drive it home from hundreds of miles away without a second thought. 

This group has never let me down on any transaction, wether its parts, stickers, or lunch.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/15/18 12:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to John Welsh :

I have unshakable faith in the members of this community.  This is the only place that I would buy a car sight unseen, with no negotiations, and plan to drive it home from hundreds of miles away without a second thought. 

This group has never let me down on any transaction, wether its parts, stickers, or lunch.

Word!   and i could see that making "Say What?!?!"

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 3:38 p.m.

Just clocked out.  Pocketfull of money, gear packed, and my brother has a full tank of gas.  I feel like the blues brothers. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 6:29 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

This is all I could find.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533664

I just joined the forum to ask him questions.  Thanks!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/15/18 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Looked like a pretty straightforward build. I do like how he painted the wheels. Not so sure about the 22s though.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/18 7:22 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Based on the 22's that were on my Suburban, NFW unless you strongly prefer looks over performance to the point you're willing to acceleration, braking, ride and turning radius. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/15/18 7:30 p.m.

Yep. Its staying on the camaro steelies for now. Ive never had anything bigger than 17 until tomorrow. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/16/18 5:43 a.m.

Ill do updates throughout the day, and upload pictures over the weekend only because i cant do Flickr from the phone or company computer.  But were ready to hit it.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/16/18 6:15 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

You know you can post pictures directly from your phone now right? No need for flikr at all...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/16/18 6:17 a.m.

Nick: how? Couldn't figure out how to do it after i saw the announcement 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/16/18 6:18 a.m.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V538xnOHKdeulXxHmNbaNRx40IALJXTLh8wjBTDp0ZZ1Ri3usHGYRmJOu1x94fKI