1 ... 41 42 43 44
karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/11/20 8:02 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

The first car my parents bought new was an 1984? Renault Alliance. It died around 1994 and sat in their garage for a couple years. My Mom mentioned to a professor that she worked with that she had it and he excitedly asked if he could have it. Of course my Mom wanted it out of the garage and agreed. He came to tow it away with his own 80s Renault Alliance. I really wish we had gotten a picture of it. I was pretty young and don't remember much about that car but I do remember it barely being able to move itself. I can't even imagine how slow it must have been towing its twin.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
11/3/20 9:11 a.m.

We had a 6 speed V6 2005 Accord sedan in the wholesale lot at work the other week, and it reminded me of this thread. I haven't been on the GRM forum much this year, but I've been going through this thread and catching up. Great job, I love all of the creative things you came up with to save weight, use junkyard upgrades, etc. Looking forward to seeing what's next for this car!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/4/20 7:13 a.m.

In reply to sethmeister4 :

Not a lot to report with the car. It's mostly living as a daily/motorcyle tow pig. The clutch master went out and was replaced but other than that it soldiers on. Kid#3 is due for a drivers permit in another 3 months, so when that happens we'll be back to autocross and teaching her to drive a manual. She seems to think it would make a lovely first car in a year and a bit. Not sure how I feel about that. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/26/21 11:09 a.m.

Today the Traccord starts it's next development phase. Kid#3 has her permit and this is literally the first time she's been behind the wheel of a car. Getting it going. 1-2 shift. Stopping. Reverse. We went through about 5 beginner lessons in half an hour until I overloaded the circuits in her brain. She loved it. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/21 11:54 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Today the Traccord starts it's next development phase. Kid#3 has her permit and this is literally the first time she's been behind the wheel of a car. Getting it going. 1-2 shift. Stopping. Reverse. We went through about 5 beginner lessons in half an hour until I overloaded the circuits in her brain. She loved it. 

Great hand position, eyes up looking where she wants the car to go...she's going to be fine.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/26/21 7:13 p.m.

I see  a natural here .....congrats !!!!.....one less thing to fret over eh? Hey what's the latest on the MotoGP reporter daughter (kid#1?)....any new articles????

Shortstopkad
Shortstopkad
7/1/21 9:23 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Ive had mine for 2 years its an auto but im in the process of doing the same thing. I was thinking of doing the k20 top swap but its also a daily right now. If i can get an update on what you did it would give me a good idea of the best place to start when it comes to working out the kinks.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/31/22 8:57 a.m.

I'm hoping to check out one of these this weekend, thanks mostly to this thread. It'll need a little rehab, slammed and muffler cut off. What's the Traccord up to these days?  Haven't seen Seth posts in a while either. 

edit: brought this girl home today. 180k miles but rides silky smooth!

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/22 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Good luck with the purchase.  I too, have been wondering where Seth is these days.  Hope all is well.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/31/22 11:06 a.m.

I follow Seth on IG and he is active and posting. He is mostly doing motorcycle stuff lately.

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/22 11:14 a.m.

Gotcha.  Thanks.

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/10/24 6:48 a.m.

Hi everyone. So I'm currently in Texas doing that thing where I fly down and leave with one of Seth's cars again. I'm excited. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
3/10/24 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C. :

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/24 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C. :

Very cool.  How is Seth?

johndej
johndej SuperDork
3/10/24 10:07 a.m.

Oh man, I sold my twin of this to a buddy but sent him the link if he wanted to copy any of the good ideas here. Glad to see it back in the loop!

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/10/24 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

He's doing well. Nothing really to report that I feel right sharing. 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/10/24 3:19 p.m.

We're headed back to Chicago now after a side quest to help a standing start GLTC race happen this morning. 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/10/24 11:15 p.m.

At our overnight stop that I really should have planned better. Got the biggest part of the drive done today. Thankfully both me and my roommate that came with were smart enough to put in for tomorrow off from work so we didn't have to do the 16 hour haul in one shot.

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
3/11/24 9:49 a.m.

I've always been curious why someone who's been a huge part of an online community just suddenly disappears...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/24 10:27 a.m.

I had already been thinking about something like a Traccord when this thing came along, but I think this thread was really instrumental in my decision to buy a new Integra for track days. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/11/24 10:33 a.m.

I miss seth being here, but glad to see Dylan buy this car! 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/11/24 6:09 p.m.

And we're back home. Already out here picking at little things since it's pretty out. 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
3/11/24 6:37 p.m.

The trim from the back of the door frames tried to escape about the time we got into Illinois. So in an attempt to keep the worst one from flying all the way off. I wrapped electrical tape around everything to hold it in place. This did block the window from rolling all the way up, but the weather is nice today and we only had a couple hours to go until we were home. 

Once we got home and unpacked I made a run to the parts store to grab the appropriate glue and re stick it properly.

The other side was separating too but not nearly as bad. It's clamped and setting up now.

Also figured the car earned a sticker for it's service as pace car. 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/12/24 1:00 a.m.

It took a while to find a home for this car and I'm happy with where it ended up. 

I'm around. I did One Lap last year, talked to Tom a bunch. I do a weekly podcast that's mostly track car stuff and it's relation to life. 

Our small motorcycle race season starts next week and my daughter and I will be endurance racing together again. 

In the fall the last of my kids heads to school and I'll be "retired" and re-learning what it means to be married to a beautiful woman with only the two of us around. It's been a while. 

Keep doing fun stuff with cars. It's fun. It's worth it. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/12/24 8:53 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

It took a while to find a home for this car and I'm happy with where it ended up. 

I'm around. I did One Lap last year, talked to Tom a bunch. I do a weekly podcast that's mostly track car stuff and it's relation to life. 

Our small motorcycle race season starts next week and my daughter and I will be endurance racing together again. 

In the fall the last of my kids heads to school and I'll be "retired" and re-learning what it means to be married to a beautiful woman with only the two of us around. It's been a while. 

Keep doing fun stuff with cars. It's fun. It's worth it. 

Best. Codriver. Ever. 

1 ... 41 42 43 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MglrC3uP4uh0A3dxHKmtOGeWMo9QXvLlgXuj3LzUPsNZYcwNSoVI5lI4P9XZ3QyW