1 2
dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/2/13 7:02 p.m.
11110000 wrote:
dyintorace wrote: On the 4C SUM calibration, is it correct to assume that only Volvo dealers can do that? Or do most independent Volvo mechanics have the hardware/software to do so?
Dealer, or get yourself a DICE tool and a copy of VIDA and follow these instructions: SUM cal at home

Thanks for the tips!

Josh
Josh SuperDork
7/2/13 7:09 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Thanks again for help with suggestions. I'm going to check the struts and mounts for issues, as well as add the IPD front subframe mount inserts. Is this the IPD kit you're referencing: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8969/120168-ipd-poly-subframe-bushing-insert-kit

Yeah, that's the one. Install was about half an hour taking my time and doing an oil change at the same time. I know they don't look like much for your $70, but the result was well worth it.

They also have a heavy duty upper spring seat that people seem to have good luck with:

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4712/112831-ipd-heavy-duty-front-upper-spring-seat

The bearing plate in the strut mount is separate, and not typically the part that goes bad. I haven't really had any issues with mine, so I haven't installed these myself. Another thing to check would be the bushings in the front lower control arms, they don't fail as commonly as the spring seats, but things get clunky and loose when they do. At some point within the next year or so I'd like to do a full suspension overhaul with new front control arms, spring seats, swaybars and hardware, and struts, but I don't put a whole lot of miles on the car and it isn't urgent work, so that may or may not happen. It should probably get a clutch/slave/flywheel before anything else.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
7/8/13 7:41 p.m.

At last, the interior is presentable!

Full set of pics here: http://www.brianleedyphoto.com/Detailing-1/My-Volvo-V70R-Interior/30424881_9WZJ3Q#!i=2622157307&k=QgcBQsB

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Bonus content

Jake
Jake Dork
7/8/13 8:31 p.m.

Nice work on the detail so far. Looking great. I always liked the looks of those cars, hope you get yours up and running. If you got into it for challenge-ish money, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/13 8:38 p.m.

Great job on the detailing end, I'm loving this build thread so far!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/13 9:13 p.m.

HOLY COW! You did amazing things with the interior!! Keep up the good work!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
7/9/13 8:03 a.m.

That is a truly outstanding detailing job you've done so far. It makes me want to go out and find one in similar condition and clean it up. Good work!

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
7/9/13 12:00 p.m.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately my hands are tied for further progress until I free up some cash. Anyone want to buy a clean modified 9000 Aero?

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
7/9/13 2:39 p.m.
thestig99 wrote: Thanks guys. Unfortunately my hands are tied for further progress until I free up some cash. Anyone want to buy a clean modified 9000 Aero?

What cleaner did you use on the interior?

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
7/9/13 9:35 p.m.

Primarily just diluted Technicians Choice TEC319

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nleZXPex48cArpNot8uZV25X4G3nrwrGrttE0IUM1FtxTzAhILffigIccquNAKN6