1 ... 4 5 6 7
java230
java230 SuperDork
3/31/17 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Yes brand new in box.... I have to go stand alone and bigger fuel pump and injectors if I buy it though. The piggyback fur auto no workie on mine :( and they seem hard to find.

Oh you have to hack a big ass hole in the firewall to fit it too, but I can handle that

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/31/17 2:37 p.m.

You must do this. Must. Now. Don't wait. Dont even finish reading this post. Paypal the man, call matt at diyautotune, cool some beer, and get it done!

java230
java230 SuperDork
3/31/17 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Your not helping! It's 3-4 hours north of me in Canada land.... I'm Soooo tempted as it'd priced really well....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/31/17 2:50 p.m.

Cheap Canadian beer and a blower. What better way to spend a Saturday? Or even a Friday night?

java230
java230 SuperDork
3/31/17 2:54 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

That could be taken out of context

I'll ask swmbo.... I've got a lot o projects, but I could resell this one easy I think.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/31/17 2:56 p.m.

Now that i reread that, thats pretty funny taken out of context.

Im a fan of cant lose parts deals. Even bigger when a profit can be turned.

Crackers
Crackers Reader
4/1/17 9:11 a.m.

I can feel the hole burning in my pocket and it's not even my car. LOL

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
4/11/17 1:03 p.m.

I test drove one of these last night that had a bunch of underbody bracing and suspension stuff, plus a 6 speed manual swap. Car had 188k miles. I'd never driven one or even sat in it. I liked it. I didn't love it. I do love the S2000 though and this test drive confirmed that I'm willing to spend double the money to get a comparable S2K once the Corvette sells.

java230
java230 SuperDork
4/11/17 10:56 p.m.

In reply to Petrolburner:

They are fun, but not a power house IMO.

I have the TRD suspension and bracing. They are little go karts, much smaller than the s2k.

I'd love to do a k20 swap, that would be a fun package. The motor mounts and axles are available now....

Moto_Masochist
Moto_Masochist New Reader
4/17/17 1:57 a.m.

In reply to java230:

Just 2zz swap it. Makes a world of difference and is pretty straight forward and relatively inexpensive.

java230
java230 SuperDork
4/17/17 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Moto_Masochist:

It's a thought, but at that point I'd like to do a K swap. The 2zz is an easy button though, it just doesn't seem like a huge change

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/17/17 8:46 a.m.

So where are the blower pictures?

java230
java230 SuperDork
4/17/17 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Still on CL The auto vs manual thing is actually a bitch. The 5th injector is run by a piggy back computer. the auto WILL NOT in any vague sense work with a stick. Its been very hard to track down a stick piggy back computer....

I dont want to go full stand alone yet. (cost and stupid emissions testing)

Also my RV project has sucked every penny of project funds ATM. Still thinking about it.... Seller went silent after I talked about the computers not working and asking about his bottom dollar.... Maybe I should email him again.

java230
java230 SuperDork
5/9/17 2:22 p.m.

Been driving it to work in the nice weather! Idle has been dipping really low, I just filled it up with fresh gas, maybe that will help.

Really needs some new tires too, these ones are hard as a rock now.

2017-05-09_12-18-07

java230
java230 SuperDork
5/11/17 10:14 a.m.

Well topping off the tank with fresh 92 seems to have cured the idle issues. But its raining.... An I think I need tires badly, these are old and hard, it will light up one side on command, and its not a high HP car.

java230
java230 SuperDork
8/2/17 12:36 p.m.

Anyone want to throw a guess as to what this thing is worth?

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/2/17 2:07 p.m.

$2017

Adam

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
8/2/17 8:59 p.m.

Do the blower with an emanage blue?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/2/17 9:03 p.m.
java230 wrote: Well topping off the tank with fresh 92 seems to have cured the idle issues. But its raining.... An I think I need tires badly, these are old and hard, it will light up one side on command, and its not a high HP car.

Don't drive it on those tires, man. Just look at my parting out thread for what is likely to happen if you do. Get a good set!!!

java230
java230 SuperDork
8/2/17 9:36 p.m.

In reply to sesto elemento:

It's sold.... Not to me.

In reply to dculberson:

Not a bad idea. I only drive in the sunny weather....

java230
java230 UltraDork
3/31/18 9:15 p.m.

Soooo it's time to dig the Mr2 back out, whether is getting good again. 

Now driving this thing reminds me how tall the new trucks are. Bumpers are at my head height. 

So I'm thinking roll bars. Any reason to weld in a "bolt" in bar? I can weld, and bolting it in is a 16 hour process, fuel tank had to get dropped, cuts made in a double floor/firewall. 

Or option 2, make my own. I can cut and weld, have friends with a bender. But zero cage design experience. 

Thoughts? 

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
4/11/18 5:37 p.m.

How much free time do you have for the learning to build a cage portion of learning to build a cage?  

java230
java230 UltraDork
4/11/18 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Petrolburner :

A simple hoop with diagonal seems straight forward.... for a full cage I would just buy a kit.

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/4/18 9:26 a.m.

Well after debating with my wife on a project car, I have been thinking fo selling the mr2 to fund it, she reminded me I have no time for such things at the moment (she's right unfortunately). So the mr2 is sticking around and getting a bit of love.

New rubbers showed up ( a day later than there were supposed to..... Missed my install appt). Ended up with the Conti Extreme contact in the 205/50 flavor.

Next quick project involves some tubing and longer bolts. I built a shifter "raise". The shifter is mounted in a plastic cage, this is bolted to the car, longer bolts and some small tubing and washers and we can lift the whole thing up. Does not change the throw, but gets it closer to the wheel. 2 5/8" spacers where as long as I could go and still have the parking brake disengage. (yes the car is very dirty.....)

Shifter cage in OE position

Spacers under the cage. I also had to add a couple shims under the cable guides, I did not like the way they were really angled down in the OE position with the raised shifter.

Trim back on. You can see there is a little gap under it, if you only did ~1.5" up it would cover. I did have to drill a new screw hole in the trim to have it line up with the old mounting location, being at an angle changed the location needed for the hole. Also the cover piece under the E Brake handle is left out, this gives just enough room for it to drop down still.

With the brake off. No dragging in the brakes.

Need to retrain my brain where to grab for the shifter now!

And then she got a bath.

JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
5/7/18 10:12 a.m.

Nice progress on this. I've always had a thing for these cars, but never bought one. Where in Washington are you located? 

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
13RY0BFCZlgdDMjpzvSvmSMv8Y3oi5DOQReeiVPe43UH4YstYFrg81WUdWXNZupE