1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
a_florida_man
a_florida_man GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/21/19 2:34 p.m.
Azryael said:

I have access to EPC, where I can get more exploded diagrams of any MB if you need them. Just let me know.

That's where the diagrams I posted came from.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/21/19 2:42 p.m.

Gotcha, it's a great resource to have, and a little less clunky since switching platforms.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 2:48 p.m.

I have used Rabbit patch panels for flares, worked well. The MG community also uses Omnis for flare donors, but I don't know if you can get patch panels.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 3:09 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
a_florida_man said:
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to a_florida_man :

Don’t you love it when the PO makes recoup easy for you? 

Yeah....the final count will be interesting!

here's a bogey for you:

i had a rusty Mariner Blue '92 Miata that came with $62 in change.  most of that was recovered from under the carpet on the driver's side. seemed the PO went to the drive-thru for a lemonade every day, dumped the handful of change in the cup holder which then spilled down the side of the console and into the park brake opening in the carpet, bulging the carpet to the point that the seat would no longer slide.  he also spilled lemonade everywhere.  that car was disgusting.

I scrapped my '80 RX-7 by having it towed to a friend's place, where I pulled the engine and trans for myself and he could do whatever with the rest.  He claimed there was over $80 in change in the car and that I was nuts for not cleaning the car more thoroughly.

Following this thread for more ideas for cleaning old change.  I have a brake pad box full of change that was in my old VW and looks about as gross as the Mercedes money.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/21/19 3:14 p.m.

I think the most interesting thing I ever found in one of my cars, was the key and data sheet for an entirely different Mercedes of the same bodystyle. I attempted to contact the original owner who imported it from Lebanon with questions, but never heard back.

It seemed as though it was purposely stashed where it was.

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:11 p.m.
NOHOME said:

If you measure the distance center to center of the front seats, what is the difference?

Pete

Mercedes SLK 28"

VW Karmann Ghia 26-27" (Hard to tell exactly, there is no passenger floor board in the Ghia)

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:19 p.m.

The first $8.25

This was money from the trunk that was on top of the broken glass.

I am sure there will be more to come from the trunk.

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:23 p.m.

Interesting tid bit.

Karmann produced the Ghia for VW and the Crossfire for Chrysler.

So I guess it is fitting that I do this swap since Karmann was the first to re-body the SLK with the Crossfire....

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I have used Rabbit patch panels for flares, worked well. The MG community also uses Omnis for flare donors, but I don't know if you can get patch panels.

Cool... another source.

I think it's time to go to the junkyard and wander around looking for inspiration.

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:27 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

There has got to be a story there.....

a_florida_man
11/21/19 6:28 p.m.
Knurled. said:
AngryCorvair said:
a_florida_man said:
Pete Gossett said:

Don’t you love it when the PO makes recoup easy for you? 

Yeah....the final count will be interesting!

here's a bogey for you:

i had a rusty Mariner Blue '92 Miata that came with $62 in change.  most of that was recovered from under the carpet on the driver's side. seemed the PO went to the drive-thru for a lemonade every day, dumped the handful of change in the cup holder which then spilled down the side of the console and into the park brake opening in the carpet, bulging the carpet to the point that the seat would no longer slide.  he also spilled lemonade everywhere.  that car was disgusting.

I scrapped my '80 RX-7 by having it towed to a friend's place, where I pulled the engine and trans for myself and he could do whatever with the rest.  He claimed there was over $80 in change in the car and that I was nuts for not cleaning the car more thoroughly.

Following this thread for more ideas for cleaning old change.  I have a brake pad box full of change that was in my old VW and looks about as gross as the Mercedes money.

I think soaking it in CLR is the best approach.

That's what Im going to try with the really dirty stuff.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/21/19 6:51 p.m.

I have achieved "Half-Dork".

If only that were true.

Been a full dork or more for years...

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/21/19 7:12 p.m.
a_florida_man said:

In reply to Azryael :

There has got to be a story there.....

I would love to know.

I had actually hoped it was the master key for my car, as it only came with two Valet keys and Mercedes-Benz in its entirety purged most gray-market cars from their database for some odd reason. That means I can't get new keys for it. I've thought of getting the title for another similar car and ordering a full lock/keyset for it.

Interestingly enough, the 190E (also a gray market car) is still in the database and I can get keys made all day long.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/21/19 8:25 p.m.

Then you hit the jackpot cause the floorpan hardpoints  should line up  behind the VW windscreen reasonably well. Steering wheel, pedals and seat location ( side to side at least) will work. I still think you are going to end up driving from the backseat, but lets see where the chips land.

a_florida_man
11/21/19 8:46 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I'm hopeful, but ok with however it works out.

This is not the sort of thing where you expect ANYTHING to stop you because you are already doing all of the things you shouldn't. 

a_florida_man
11/21/19 8:47 p.m.

Passenger floor board:

a_florida_man
11/21/19 8:48 p.m.

Not quite Stampie level contraband, but it has me looking for the rest of it.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 8:49 p.m.

Nice.  I believe the best i did was there was almost $9 in change in the ash tray of my impala.  

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/21/19 9:15 p.m.

Scrap a little of the gunk off, they will feed just fine.... wink

I have heard of people finding guns in old cars but this is the first proof I have seen of anything close.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/21/19 9:35 p.m.

Best way to focus on parachute design is to step out of a plane without one.

Pete

a_florida_man
11/21/19 9:39 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Best way to focus on parachute design is to step out of a plane without one.

Pete

EXACTLY!

Mind if I add that to my permanent file?

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/21/19 11:22 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

That just seems like a sound way to end all of my problems.

a_florida_man
11/22/19 7:48 p.m.

Ok, so after the 380 auto, I find this.

and this

I think there are more of those...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/19 7:52 p.m.
a_florida_man said:

Interesting tid bit.

Karmann produced the Ghia for VW and the Crossfire for Chrysler.

So I guess it is fitting that I do this swap since Karmann was the first to re-body the SLK with the Crossfire....

That isn't fitting.  It's important.  It's berking prophetic.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/19 7:54 p.m.

With a complete serial number, a bank should replace wrecked bill with a good one.  The Federal Reserve has a process for reclaiming / removing from service damaged bills.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ef8DtXKMN0Sh3niBWydFK5tAMIJIxJwUewnlc1hvnSl0kplKSUvpjW1bY2gwwtQp