1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/20 1:25 p.m.

I'd like to run a blower on the 350.  The edelbrock system for the vortec heads is on sale right now but I cannot justify that expense right now.  I'm calculating 330 crank hp n/a and can comfortably spray that to around 500 with proper timing and carb tune before i worry about melting pistons.  So for now I'll run nitrous at the track and see what happens.  cash outlay on the engine is minimal.  $120 for heads, $70 intake, $10 cam, $80 pistons, $10 gasket set, negative $1200 distributor(parted an 80 z28 that i paid $400 for with a seized 350 and made a killing).  So if i melt some pistons it will suck but I won't be losing my behind on high dollar parts. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/4/20 1:27 p.m.

Needs more tunnel ram.

Can't you redrill tje vortec heads for standard pattern?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/20 1:57 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Yes but it doesn't work for all intakes, vortecs have taller ports and only meaty intakes have enough overlap to cover let alone try and port match

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/6/20 9:23 p.m.

Not sure how I missed this, but funky old cars from obscure factories with American V-8 power?

Count me in!

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/13/20 9:37 p.m.

this will not be a 'topic ' until the  shop is 'official'    (a bump)

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/20 5:39 p.m.

Reworking the front of the frame area to make me happier with it.  Built in tow hook is slotted into the tube and rosette welded from below plus around the outside where it exits, so it's sturdy.  

now with 100% more self supporting tilt front end

originally i built around the factory front crossmember because it located the inner fenders which located the outer fenders.  By deleting the inners and going tilt nose, the factory crossmember does nothing but get in the way of running a real sized radiator.  I'll chop it out soon and smooth everything out.  Needed some therapy and my welder is my psychiatrist.  

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
4/13/20 6:04 p.m.

Like my JD4410 w/backhoe is also therapuetic(some never leave the 'sandbox') during these times....sheeesh

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/20 7:38 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said: Needed some therapy and my welder is my psychiatrist.  

Yo claro!

4/14/20 1:18 p.m.

Tow hook peeking out under the valence.

4/18/20 5:58 p.m.

ive had this wheel for around 20 years waiting for the right car.  New old stock izumi wheel that could probably net me $200+ but berkeley that because i love it

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/18/20 7:33 p.m.

Beautiful!

4/24/20 11:14 a.m.

chop chop 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/24/20 11:29 a.m.

3/4" heim joints for hood hinges. Nice. 

Useless side note: there is a town very near here called Wartburg. It is the home of the Barkley, and one town over is Petros home of Brushy Mtn. State Penitentiary. Quite a name.

4/25/20 7:45 a.m.

Cooling now possible.  Have to make some lower mount tabs then a simple tube core support with some bolt on tabs to hold the top pins.  

went to the internets last week armed with max dimensions and searched until I found something that would work.  Application is 95-98 240sx.  Radiator was all of $35 shipped (after use of $5 ebay bucks) and fans/shroud were $119.  I could have made my own shroud and mounted fans, but this was a 2 minute solution that even came with the correct metric hardware.  See easy button smack easy button.

side note i think i'm going to do the bumpers in gold metallic with the paint from the roof.   

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/25/20 5:53 p.m.

Looking good!

4/29/20 1:18 p.m.

Painted the rusty chrome grill and installed 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
4/29/20 1:51 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

And all I see here is either the most obnoxious tunnel ram with an orange plexi scoop (sportin' a shark mouth) or a tall twisted set of stacks on a stubborn Hilborn ......er nevermind....... carry on.....gold bumpers ROCK!!!!

6/15/20 8:14 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/20 8:19 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

And all I see here is either the most obnoxious tunnel ram with an orange plexi scoop (sportin' a shark mouth) or a tall twisted set of stacks on a stubborn Hilborn ......er nevermind....... carry on.....gold bumpers ROCK!!!!

All I'm seeing is Bender.

6/15/20 8:58 p.m.

Bite my shiny metal pimpmobile, Pete

7/25/20 7:02 p.m.

Sick of the sand rail, must get this thing done

drivers side exhaust done done.  Will finish weld the passenger side and paint/wrap it next.  Fuel pump and filter are in and braided line is up to the engine waiting for me to place the regulator 

7/26/20 7:22 p.m.

E36 M3's getting real when you start running brake lines.  Most time was spent making tabs and brackets and drilling/tapping holes.  Prop valve mounted, rear line and axle lines made.  Have to toss the retainer/rotor/caliper/pad on RR and rear brakes will be complete

also holyberkeleyballs the mastercool flare tool is insanely awesome 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/26/20 8:52 p.m.

Words cannot express how much I like the purple exhaust. 

7/27/20 8:26 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Abby came in Saturday and said "oooohhhhh did you get purple mufflers just for me?"

while thrilled that someone who just turned 6 knows that a glasspack tube is a muffler, sorry kid they've been around longer than you.  

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/27/20 8:28 a.m.

Purple hornies make me...

You know....

Looking perfect man!

1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mDtq7PNxtuC760Xz5VMwXRxRUsemro1JHQDiPucqthMQRII1XMoZ7rp86zm8VwA7