1 ... 11 12 13
irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/20/21 9:40 p.m.

ah ok, cool. couldn't see them in the other photo. 

Also, recommend you paint the A-pillar bars, vertical A-pillar support bars, and the gussets to the windshield frame flat black. Those white gussets will reflect off the inside of the windshield (I can see my gussets there reflect, but not as visible since they're matte black on my car). May or may not be a problem for you, but you don't want to have to pull the windshield to repaint them later if it is. 

Neslie
Neslie Reader
2/1/21 3:51 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

Good point, I'll add it to the list

Neslie
Neslie Reader
2/1/21 3:52 p.m.

Progress 

Neslie
Neslie Reader
4/17/21 11:00 a.m.

No time to do car stuff but felt the urge to break out the go kart today. Some backstory: I got this thing when I was like 14 and itching to do some racing but couldn't drive. It came as a bare frame that had been decaying for years in some guys garage, so I had to rebuild the bearings, mount up new brakes, rebuild the carb like 7 times, make front seat mounts and mount the seat (which is way harder than it looks), and make the throttle and return assembly. Also ended up extending the exhaust so the muffler clears the seat, removed the governor, drilled out the jet, new pod filter, and added ceramic front bearings. Definitely a fun first project!

Fired right up (after sitting for 2+ years!!), took it for a few laps and promptly hopped the chain. lol

Anyways enjoy this video of me drifting it that I made when I was 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5aGwXASb4

1 ... 11 12 13
Our Preferred Partners
04OvnkyV13SM2dx2zuYDFzGTGmf0lv52SKyxYDTXzdgtXf9h5A18u96uOQKC0B9K