1 ... 3 4 5 6
ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
8/24/20 4:27 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

definitely, but it also means helping you continue to spend money on go fast parts, so you might wish i wasn't!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/24/20 4:30 p.m.

In reply to ScottyB :

angrycrying

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/24/20 7:33 p.m.
ScottyB said:

i love it.  you done good, but man i hate you for finding such a crazy deal on those yes

This... that is a SCREAMING deal..

the fitment will be a problem if you lower the car at all and i'm sure you'll get some rubbing under hard driving and at full lock.. but for cruising around town.. that price can't be beat..

Also the TL wheels were a 17x8 FYI.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/24/20 7:48 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:
ScottyB said:

i love it.  you done good, but man i hate you for finding such a crazy deal on those yes

This... that is a SCREAMING deal..

the fitment will be a problem if you lower the car at all and i'm sure you'll get some rubbing under hard driving and at full lock.. but for cruising around town.. that price can't be beat..

Also the TL wheels were a 17x8 FYI.

Thank you sir. :) The deal was a good corona deal. 

• I don't think the fitment will be much of a problem for my usage. 
  • The two civic sedan pics I posted in the last page (white and grey), both running my exact setup on HFP suspension (lowers an inch). They have no rub and no issues. 
  • Personally, I have lived a long life of slammed/VIP/low etc. I don't see lowering at all. Most would be 1" and not a big deal if I do that, with the setup, per my research so far. 
  • Currently - 0 rubbing full lock to lock. Tested it yesterday (with 4 people). 
  • Did some hard driving on Angeles Crest Highway, not a single issue. 
  • I am happy for now

Very happy with the setup.  I would have gone 8 inch wide, thats all I really wanted, but when these RPF1s came out - I can't stand the ugly 8 inch design. So 9 inch it was, and it made sense. 

I will take all the inches I can find :D

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/29/20 7:57 p.m.

Didn't like the no center cap look 

so A new set just arrived

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/30/20 6:04 p.m.

Car got full griots compound 

polish

wax today 

didn't need it. But oh well. Too much time on hands 

then Wheel caps are on 

as you see Oem H worked on back

it wouldn't work on front due to axle nut 

enkei caps finish it off for me. Happy with it 

ordered some yoko ad08 tires for the car 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/20 6:10 p.m.

it looks really good

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/30/20 6:30 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks brother ! 

BLRB
BLRB GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/31/20 11:59 a.m.

Nice wheels!  What offset?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/31/20 12:01 p.m.
BLRB said:

Nice wheels!  What offset?

Thank you.

• 17x9 +45
  •  245/40/17
JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
8/31/20 3:40 p.m.

I can't believe how cheap those wheels were. I paid over a grand for my "ugly" 17x8 RPF1s. They look great. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
8/31/20 4:18 p.m.
JeremyJ said:

I can't believe how cheap those wheels were. I paid over a grand for my "ugly" 17x8 RPF1s. They look great. 

I am now a member of the ugly wheel club. At least they are more the flat instead of the bubble face devilcool

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/8/20 12:57 a.m.

Well 450 miles on new wheel/tire setup. Love the lightness 

MPG has been a solid 31 in mixed driving 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/2/20 7:47 p.m.

0 Updates. Just enjoying driving it once a month or so. 

With 2 new cars coming in the next few weeks and the RX300 being added (involuntarily) - will have to decide if Si stays another year or so in the fleet. 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
11/3/20 8:29 a.m.

so knowing you, the big question is what might replace it since i know you're not going to downsize the fleet! laugh

been a while since you've had an Evo right?  hmmm...that has 4 doors too....

either way, your Si will sell in a day.  its definitely a rarity in its condition and mileage.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/3/20 9:08 a.m.

In reply to ScottyB :

I love the Si. I really want to make it to 1 year anniversary with the car..

likely replacment - EVO (can't get over junk interior) or v8 M3 or G55 or Cayenne GTS MT or new gazoo hot corolla hatch ? 

eh who knows. cheekyThats the fun of it 

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
11/3/20 2:47 p.m.

Cayenne GTS MT, other than the fact it's MT, isn't a good combo.  I drove one and was incredibly underwhelmed.  The Cayenne Turbo is such a better choice, in every way.  Rowing gears in the Cayenne is just weird and the shifter is really rubbery, with long throws.  Did not feel good, or special.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/23/20 2:21 p.m.

Nothing new to report. 

After 2 months, taking it for a drive today, then come home give it a  wash and change the oil. 

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
11/23/20 7:47 p.m.

Since I don't have a (re)Build Thread for my Si, I figured I could post to your thread since my name is on it...

We ended up doing a full, glass-out repaint after fixing the collision damage. I hope to have the car all back together over Thanksgiving weekend. 

Not going to use it as a winter car anymore!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/23/20 8:44 p.m.

In reply to Carl Heideman :

Feel free to post !!!! 

your is gorgeous. 

i have two land cruisers going to fully glass out paint. Mexico does ppg 1/2 price - but due to Covid - I may do here - wait till June after Covid border open so other south of border 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
1/13/21 12:48 p.m.

Not much to report here. Car has been sitting since Nov. Just did oil change.  Will put it up for sale in 4-5 weeks or so, when business slows down a bit, and I have a bit of time. 

Got a new DD, so Si will have to go to new owner. Excellent and fun car. I am sure someone will give it a great home. 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
1/14/21 11:02 a.m.

ah buddy...sad to see it has to go, but i know you like to sample as many cars as you can!

i'd say you got just about the best possible example of the breed, so i have no doubt that thing will sell in a matter of days, possibly hours.  it'd be awesome if it went to another GRMer!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
1/14/21 11:17 a.m.

In reply to ScottyB :

Thanks brother ! Hope it goes to a GRM, be happy to cut them a deal. 

mid Feb/end of feb I will get the listings up ... I know it will give someone great pleasure. As you know stock mint condition Si sedans aren't that easy to find, with full baseline maintenance done . With Si sedans seeing 300k miles on 8th gen forum routinely - if someone maintains it and enjoys it rhey can easily get that out of this car 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
2/9/21 8:21 p.m.

Nothing new to report. Kids are saying don't sell it. So its still here. 

Today did the steering box bolt retorque. It is an issue with the 8th Gen Si. There was a TSB for the 08-09, but nothing for the 10. When you make aright turn you hear a clunk. Thats usually the culprit. There are 6 bolts. You need to retorque all of them. 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
2/13/21 4:10 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Nothing new to report. Kids are saying don't sell it. So its still here. 

Today did the steering box bolt retorque. It is an issue with the 8th Gen Si. There was a TSB for the 08-09, but nothing for the 10. When you make aright turn you hear a clunk. Thats usually the culprit. There are 6 bolts. You need to retorque all of them. 

i think i'll check mine just to be sure!  

i love that your kids are super into it, haha.  mine loves the VTEC change-over.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zv7dmHb3W7iJNfdwT0OY9MVzYO0SBE1ghnavkdjwk0MXWN9Ctj8RNjkzShZFSVwA