1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/09 2:07 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Unfortunately, my recoup is pretty much tapped out because I got the car for pretty cheap (about $500). You'll notice I still have the aux gauges in the car, too, which are also worth some coin. I've long thought it was odd that the rules cap the recoup at the purchase price, since it doesn't reflect the real world budget constraints, but since them's the rules I just play by 'em. Bryce

"pretty much" is not the same as "completely" as far as trades go. so find what you need and ask the seller if they'll accept the dash or the speedo in trade.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/23/09 12:48 p.m.

I crunched some numbers and updated my budget spreadsheet yesterday, it looks like I CAN fit tire mounting into my budget. I'd like to take you guys up on your offer for the $beer A6s. Two of you volunteered, who has space to get them down to FL?

AngryCorvair wrote: "pretty much" is not the same as "completely" as far as trades go. so find what you need and ask the seller if they'll accept the dash or the speedo in trade.

Sure, I understand that, but I must have tried to trade that dash for what I needed (more time!) a dozen times with no luck.

Bryce

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/23/09 1:03 p.m.
Nashco wrote: I crunched some numbers and updated my budget spreadsheet yesterday, it looks like I CAN fit tire mounting into my budget. I'd like to take you guys up on your offer for the $beer A6s. Two of you volunteered, who has space to get them down to FL?
AngryCorvair wrote: "pretty much" is not the same as "completely" as far as trades go. so find what you need and ask the seller if they'll accept the dash or the speedo in trade.
Sure, I understand that, but I must have tried to trade that dash for what I needed (more time!) a dozen times with no luck. Bryce

I hope Angry can, because when you didn't claim mine they went elsewhere. Sorry.

AngryCorvair
9/23/09 4:28 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Nashco wrote: I crunched some numbers and updated my budget spreadsheet yesterday, it looks like I CAN fit tire mounting into my budget. I'd like to take you guys up on your offer for the $beer A6s. Two of you volunteered, who has space to get them down to FL?
Sure, I understand that, but I must have tried to trade that dash for what I needed (more time!) a dozen times with no luck. Bryce
I hope Angry can, because when you didn't claim mine they went elsewhere. Sorry.

yes i can. but since Dave no longer has his available, the price just went up.

i keed, i keed.

will you sell them back to me after the challenge for the same price? 'cuz i was going to sell them to pay for part of my challenge journey.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/23/09 4:48 p.m.

No worries Dave, I should have struck while the iron was hot!

AngryCorvair wrote: will you sell them back to me after the challenge for the same price? 'cuz i was going to sell them to pay for part of my challenge journey.

Deal. I'm pretty sure they'll be worth a lot less after I use them, I bet just one beer.

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/26/09 10:18 a.m.

I've been alerted that the Fiero is in Orlando...way ahead of schedule! I'll have to figure out how to pick it up when I get back in town. I'll be without internet for a week, don't burn the place down while I'm gone.

Bryce

ww
ww SuperDork
9/28/09 3:11 a.m.

WooHoo! I'll see you on the plane in LA! You and Jess will have 5.5 hrs of quality time to spend with yours truly!

blizazer
blizazer New Reader
9/29/09 4:12 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: We are sending out a national press release shortly and I asked our P.R. agency to use the Fiero to showcase what a Challenge car is all about, so you have to come now.

Wait for it......

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/4/09 1:30 p.m.

So the Fiero is sitting at the transporter in Orlando and I'm trying to figure out how I can get at it after business hours on Wednesday. Does anybody live near Orlando that can help me get it out of storage? I'll make it worth your while, as it would save me hours of time if I can get it Wednesday night instead of Thursday morning!

I got a very cool package in the mail from JThw8 while I was away, also. Thanks Jim, I think it will make the Fiero look even better at the show!

Bryce

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/09 2:19 p.m.

You could try DirtyBird222. He lives in Orlando.

Not sure he's watching this thread.

EDIT: I zoomed in on this and saw several other GRM forum members listed in Orlando. I'm not sure how active any of them are though.

GRM map

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/4/09 8:23 p.m.
Nashco wrote: I got a very cool package in the mail from JThw8 while I was away, also. Thanks Jim, I think it will make the Fiero look even better at the show! Bryce

Cool, glad all arrived safely. Please send me some pics when you get it all installed :)

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/6/09 1:50 p.m.

As it turns out, the guy that works for the transporter is being pretty cool about it. He's going to meet me at the office (in Orlando) after hours so I can pick the car up after my plane arrives tomorrow night, then I'll be headed for the hotel with Wade and Jessica in tow. We've still got a lot of work we want to do on the car, but I'm pretty sure that's what hotel parking lots were invented for. If you guys see us out there in the parking lot, stop by and say hi!

Bryce

splitime
splitime Reader
10/6/09 2:07 p.m.

I'm pretty sure if you need extra hands... any of us stopping by to say hi will be happy to help.

I know I would :p

AngryCorvair
10/6/09 2:42 p.m.
Nashco wrote: We've still got a lot of work we want to do on the car, but I'm pretty sure that's what hotel parking lots were invented for. If you guys see us out there in the parking lot, stop by and say hi!

spoken like someone who's never been in the hotel parking lot during the challenge. should read more like "i hope i can find a place to park between all the other challengers working on their cars around the clock in the hotel parking lot."

engine rebuilds in the hotel parking lot are not unheard of....

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/6/09 2:54 p.m.

I'm hoping that by getting there Wednesday night, I'll be able to get a good spot in the pits....er....parking lot.

Bryce

mndsm
mndsm New Reader
10/6/09 9:26 p.m.

I just read through 12 pages of epicness. I have a feeling I have found a home away from home here.

blizazer
blizazer New Reader
10/6/09 10:04 p.m.
Nashco wrote: As it turns out, the guy that works for the transporter is being pretty cool about it. He's going to meet me at the office (in Orlando) after hours so I can pick the car up after my plane arrives tomorrow night, then I'll be headed for the hotel with Wade and Jessica in tow. We've still got a lot of work we want to do on the car, but I'm pretty sure that's what hotel parking lots were invented for. If you guys see us out there in the parking lot, stop by and say hi! Bryce

Wouldnt be the first time

ww
ww SuperDork
10/7/09 12:00 a.m.

Holy Crap! Is that from the San Diego event?!

Damn Bryce, the hotel manager must have a lot of love for you now!

blizazer wrote: Wouldnt be the first time
Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/7/09 2:30 a.m.

Yes, that was a few hours before we left for the drag races in San Diego, I didn't realize the paparazzi got a photo. I've learned to be very, very appreciative of being able to work in hotel parking lots...several long stories there, but I'll save that for another time. I hate doing it, yet I find myself working in hotel parking lots a lot.

Bryce

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
10/7/09 7:17 a.m.
Nashco wrote: Yes, that was a few hours before we left for the drag races in San Diego, I didn't realize the paparazzi got a photo. I've learned to be very, very appreciative of being able to work in hotel parking lots...several long stories there, but I'll save that for another time. I hate doing it, yet I find myself working in hotel parking lots a lot. Bryce

Wow, I just realized what time you posted this message.... 4am. And you are in Florida already, right?

Good luck, Bryce- I think it's not much of a stretch to tell you that a lot of people are rooting for you!

E-

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/09 8:27 a.m.

I think it's fair to say that every GRM Board member that pitched in to ship the Fiero is rooting for him!

jwc38
jwc38 New Reader
10/7/09 10:46 a.m.

In reply to P71:

I just went through all 12 pages, I missed this entire thing!!! Best of luck on an inspirational build! Thanks to this my next project has to be something electric.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/7/09 11:59 a.m.
jwc38 wrote: In reply to P71: I just went through all 12 pages, I missed this entire thing!!! Best of luck on an inspirational build! Thanks to this my next project has to be something electric.

Its not to late to make that porsche thing you are building a hybrid. You seem to keep looking for new ways to stretch the build out anyway ;)

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/09 12:54 p.m.
P71 wrote: I think it's fair to say that every GRM Board member that pitched in to ship the Fiero is rooting for him!

We pitched in so that we all could "win"

jwc38
jwc38 New Reader
10/7/09 12:55 p.m.

replace 'hybrid' with 'small block chevy' and I think you have the exact sentence that started the damn thing.

hey, we could make the warty a hybrid too.

One detail that escapes me, and maybe this was covered earlier, is the battery charging. How are the prius cells getting juice? Is it just going into regen mode when you cruise on the gas motor? Can it be plugged into a wall or can the alternator charge it? Do any of the computers have an output to a battery gauge?

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YigPFu1bszpR4fhnO8ZgRBX3iDJINqbQmzBsTk97bTPK9faTvkwSFthnplhyPqpM