1 2 3 ... 8
WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 5:49 p.m.

First off, I question what I am doing with my life when I bring stuff like this home.

As seen on copart, I'm too lazy to actually go see cars before I bid.

Step one, wash everything off and take a photo to make it look better than it really is

Step 2 take some photos of the interior to show how disgusting it truly is

Step 3 start cleaning the car one side at a time. Passenger side for tonight.

Find a note that must have been written to me, "No more pointless buys." I don't know who Morgan is but if I find Morgan I'm prepared to pay up. My uncle Dave didn't know why I called. Told him I found a note to "call Dave."

I'm not the best detailer in the world

Step 4 wait for more updates and rest my body. I used to think I was strong till I pulled the passenger seat out. Will need to take photos of the first aid kit that is part of the drivers seat and the took kit that comes with the car.

Needs, figure out what kind of suspension to run. Get wheels and decide how competitive I want my tires to be, install Nitrous, I may need some help.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/25/15 5:53 p.m.

Sweet... Lap of luxury!

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 7:01 p.m.

If you want to buy some nail polish I could really use some cash for recoup. Could possibly be the best recoup item ever. I'll see if one of my nieces wants to buy some.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
8/25/15 7:09 p.m.

I am entertained. Getting gross cars back to liveable is one of my favorite things.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse HalfDork
8/25/15 8:14 p.m.

Hey. I have a t boned 93 LS getting ready for the scrapper. Need anything? No motor or trans.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 8:31 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote: Hey. I have a t boned 93 LS getting ready for the scrapper. Need anything? No motor or trans.

Thanks for the offer. Nothing that I'm aware of, I was going to say strut mounts but I don't think the 93 has the same setup as the 95 model.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/25/15 10:43 p.m.

Just ordered a set of used cusco coilovers off ebay for $450 hopefully they fix the floaty handling.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
8/26/15 12:49 a.m.

So this will be at the Challenge in October?

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/26/15 5:24 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: So this will be at the Challenge in October?

Pending no major failure

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
8/26/15 7:20 a.m.

I dont know what you vaccuumed with but renting the steam carpet cleaner at lowes/homedepot for 25 bucks with the attachment will go a LONG way to getting some of that discoloration out of the carpets.

Get the deodorizer cleaning solution. Spray the carpet down with the attachment. Let soak in for five minutes. vacuum it up. Repeat. Two or three times should have it waaay cleaner looking.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/26/15 8:31 a.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: I dont know what you vaccuumed with but renting the steam carpet cleaner at lowes/homedepot for 25 bucks with the attachment will go a LONG way to getting some of that discoloration out of the carpets. Get the deodorizer cleaning solution. Spray the carpet down with the attachment. Let soak in for five minutes. vacuum it up. Repeat. Two or three times should have it waaay cleaner looking.

Thanks for the advice. Probably would be a good idea to clean up some spots in my house at the same time that I've been neglecting.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/26/15 3:35 p.m.

Started to recoup some money today. Sold Nail Polish $3, Forever stamps $.98. This should pay for just about nothing.

Add to money spent Cusco Coilovers $450

Including a $300 Nitrous Kit I purchased last year.

Current Total $1610.02

Just need wheels and a race seat.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/26/15 4:13 p.m.

Awesome! Mustang or 350Z wheels are the cheap ticket on craigslist.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
8/26/15 4:56 p.m.

coilovers and nitrous kit should be about all you need.

Oh, dont forget a set of Hoosier A6.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/26/15 5:29 p.m.
2002maniac wrote: coilovers and nitrous kit should be about all you need. Oh, dont forget a set of Hoosier A6.

I like the idea of running extreme performance summer tires. Fast enough and if it rains I have an advantage. Unless anyone finds me a set of 17" or 18" freebie a6 or a7.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/26/15 7:53 p.m.

I will be running RE11's as long as the new shipment shows up on time at the Tire rack.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/26/15 11:47 p.m.

I have so many ideas, I may just save progress to be revealed at the challenge. That way I can dominate the aristocrat class. By dominate I mean top 40 finish overall.

I may have found some wheels. Do they make fender flares for the LS400?

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/15 12:12 a.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: I have so many ideas, I may just save progress to be revealed at the challenge. That way I can dominate the aristocrat class. By dominate I mean top 40 finish overall. I may have found some wheels. Do they make fender flares for the LS400?

I have just been informed that there is yet another LS400 being built for the 2015 Challenge. It may be owned by a D.Vader...

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
8/27/15 4:22 p.m.

Can a LS400 fit 275 A7's on all 4 corners on 17x9 Mustang wheels?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse HalfDork
8/27/15 5:08 p.m.

Should.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/28/15 10:21 a.m.

Picking these up Tonight, luckily one has a 275 for test fitment.

My neighbors have to love it when I do burnouts leaving my garage.

Ran into some issues with the storage of my miatas so I'll need to take some time to clean them. Distractions SMH

Sitting them out in the sun the proper way. My highest placing ever $2013 Challenge Miata

java230
java230 Reader
8/28/15 10:23 a.m.

An ozone machine will do wonders on those interiors. Most rental tool places have them. Kills all the carp off, even under dash etc.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/28/15 12:07 p.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: Picking these up Tonight, luckily one has a 275 for test fitment.

I am jealous of your wheel finds.
I am not finding deals within 2 hours drive. Spare time is really at a premuim for me (and budget is tight.) If I am going to go with something other than the 16" rims I already have, they will have to be rims that I can find close to home.

DatsunS130
DatsunS130 New Reader
8/28/15 12:34 p.m.

This guy used zg flares, plus you can probably get some cheap ones meant for a 240sx. Just measure your wheel arches.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
8/28/15 1:16 p.m.

Oh man this is going to be sick!

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KfIjTvoHHxXiXiKYI5GgDdeQ5IHQp1oKBc7bsGD1DXeqy5RQvbst4nAL2osNUymn