1 2 3 4 ... 8
rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/28/15 1:43 p.m.

275s?!?! that would be rocking. Then add coilovers and nitrous? whoowhee-dogie.

I hope to fit 245s on my bimmer because the wheels I have have too much backspacing. tires would interfere with the strut housings. I'll already be running a 1 inch spacer up front just to make the 245s fit.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/29/15 3:02 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: I am jealous of your wheel finds. I am not finding deals within 2 hours drive. Spare time is really at a premuim for me (and budget is tight.) If I am going to go with something other than the 16" rims I already have, they will have to be rims that I can find close to home.

I have been resisting these bad boys for a while.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/29/15 3:09 p.m.
rcutclif wrote: 275s?!?! that would be rocking. Then add coilovers and nitrous? whoowhee-dogie. I hope to fit 245s on my bimmer because the wheels I have have too much backspacing. tires would interfere with the strut housings. I'll already be running a 1 inch spacer up front just to make the 245s fit.

These are 275's actually according to the specs they should be slightly wider than Hoosiers in the same size. Should be able to fit them with rolling the fenders and some negative camber.

Trying to fit 10.5" wheels in the front. Sticks out 3/4" outside the fender and connects on the inside.

Overall today's work didn't go well, first off I couldn't sleep because I'm way too excited about this project. I went into work at 4am so I could get started. Coilovers have arrived and the Lexus has been extremely easy to take apart. Actually took me less time to pull the suspension than it does in a Miata and I have done that a hundred times.

Problem is two of the coilovers are stuck currently on their bottom adjusters and I haven't found a way to unstick them yet. The rear one that is stuck shouldn't be too big of a problem because it is setup fairly short but the front one is set higher than stock.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/29/15 5:15 p.m.

PB blaster? Big pipe wrench? Screw driver and a mallet?

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/29/15 7:01 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Will switch to a bigger hammer Monday. Purchased some WD40 rust release, PB blaster wasn't doing it. Might even try to heat it up. Probably will disassemble the coilover to get a better grip.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/29/15 7:02 p.m.

In for more. The mustang wheels look killer on there!

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/29/15 7:18 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: In for more. The mustang wheels look killer on there!

The man who owned the wheels was nice to me for my test fitting. 1-275/40 2-245/45 and 1-225

I made too many offers and ended up with two sets. A white set with 2 17x9 and 2 17x10.5. The silver set are all 17x9.

After driving the LS400 all week before starting to tear it down it is by far the nicest riding quietest car of the 38 that I have owned. I will probably put the interior back in and use it as a semi daily driver when I get home as long as it doesn't blow up. My coworkers think I'm crazy for turning it into a challenge car being that I have a 99 Miata, 91 Miata and 95 Camaro that would all be under budget.

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/15 10:22 p.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: I made too many offers and ended up with two sets. A white set with 2 17x9 and 2 17x10.5. The silver set are all 17x9.

Let me know if you are willing to sell the other wheel (the four you choose not to use) The local with the Lexus is interested in the Bullets and I'm interested in wider wheels for my car.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/31/15 12:47 p.m.

In reply to Quasi Mofo:

Not at this time.

Back to the problem. The spring perches adjust fine but for the life of me I can't get the mount to spin. What can I use to get a decent grip on the shock body.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
9/1/15 6:49 p.m.

I guess I'm joining the stance crowd. Will adjust the height tomorrow after work. 275's will fit in the rear pretty easily, I may have to trim the front fenders. The 245's would fit but I'd prefer to run a square setup. If the coilovers worked properly I think I could set the car slightly below the ground.

Yes, that is a 275 in the back already.

classicJackets
classicJackets New Reader
9/1/15 6:56 p.m.

It never ceases to amaze me how much a set of wheels changes the look of a car from boring commuter to something much more. Nice choice with them.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/1/15 7:24 p.m.

VIP Style Yo!

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
9/1/15 7:36 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Should I get a headrest pillow for my aluminum seat? JDM brah

I really need a drifting picture hanging out the window.

DatsunS130
DatsunS130 New Reader
9/1/15 7:36 p.m.

Yes but does it go around cones?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/1/15 7:52 p.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: In reply to pimpm3: Should I get a headrest pillow for my aluminum seat? JDM brah I really need a drifting picture hanging out the window.

Only if you hang this thing from your tow hook...

JDM...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
9/1/15 7:52 p.m.

Dude, that is cosmic badassery right there. Never thought I would have wood from a berkeleying Lexus of all things.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
9/1/15 9:38 p.m.

It it just me, or does the challenge this year seem to be going for luxury as a theme? Anyone running an airport limo? If I can get off the place and hire one to run the week-end for under $2015, can I play? I'll wear a Trump wig?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
9/2/15 8:29 a.m.

These should help me go faster.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/2/15 8:52 a.m.

I'm not a stance guy by any means, but I think the pictures a couple of posts above look amazing!

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
9/2/15 8:57 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: It it just me, or does the challenge this year seem to be going for luxury as a theme? Anyone running an airport limo? If I can get off the place and hire one to run the week-end for under $2015, can I play? I'll wear a Trump wig?

I was briefly considering a stretched 1983 Lincoln Continental . 43,000 miles,looked good in the pictures and only asking $1500 OBO. With a 4.6 V8 it would have been terribly slow, but classy and a real test for the pro autocrossers.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
9/2/15 9:16 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

The whole aristocrat class will be a challenge to the pro drivers.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/2/15 9:37 a.m.

The car looks spectacular!!

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
9/2/15 10:04 a.m.

It looks so good!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/2/15 10:16 a.m.

Looks great. I am beginning to fear that I may get my hat handed to me in the class that I created. But, all the better. I am just glad to be encouraging the madness!

I regret to say that the Infiniti Q45 has seen no work in weeks.
Tires are not ordered yet because I hope that I can find some larger rims that fit budget.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
9/2/15 2:10 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Looks great. I am beginning to fear that I may get my hat handed to me in the class that I created. But, all the better. I am just glad to be encouraging the madness!

It isn't good sport to win a class that you create.

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IfZkyyAj2IQX4VUoDaC1wCCtUsW9jaqdRmD0C9VKPSja7nq0kGL1Ix1avZR7dJb2