1 2
docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
7/31/21 2:29 p.m.

Grabbed some Wolfman side bags today to go on my rack.  Nice guy and the bags fit great!

Still pretty narrow from the rear

They've got these D rings that conveniently slot into my Perun side plates on the racks.  4 total, really help hold the bags securely

Then two large straps that go over the top.  So pretty easy to remove/install them, plus they're dry bags so everything will stay totally dry. 

Now I just need to get the free time to go on a trip!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/5/21 8:38 a.m.

So one of the drawbacks of a metal skid plate vs the stock plastic one is it allows a lot of noise to bounce back on me.  The motor sounded like a cement mixer once I added the black dog skid plate.  I grabbed a piece of dynamat/boom mat and put it on the inside of the skid plate, happy to report that made a huge difference!

I also played with the rebound setting on the front forks, since I weigh so much less than the guy they were setup for they were pogo'ing a little on one section of the freeway I ride to work.  They're still doing it a bit but it's much improved.  Good enough to leave alone I think until October when I pull the bike off the road for the winter and can pull the forks/shock to send them back and get them setup for me.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
9/26/21 4:20 p.m.

Managed to get some seat time up in the hills today.  Played up Rollins Pass with my buddy on his T700.  I stupidly forgot my tool roll but luckily I didn't need it.  The spur we took up to the top was steep, rutted out and very rocky.  690 ate it up tho!  Rocks were wanging off the skid plate, happy I got the Black Dog on there.

Colors are changing already...

Obligatory bike shot

From there it was a fairly easy descent, then we took the Peak to Peak, which is easy but scenic into Idaho Springs.  Which was a ZOO!  Super busy and they're now charging for parking?!  Screw that!  A quick blast on I70 to Hwy 6, rode along the river, which is awesome, into Golden for lunch.

Then the quick, boring ride on C470 home. 

Have I mentioned how much I *love* this bike?  Suspension is great, loads of power, handles the freeway perfectly, very stable in the dirt.  Yeah, it takes a good amount of effort and money to "adventurize" it but I was able to take advantage of all the work the previous owner did in that regard...

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
j55Bu7XJ1dISEPCKIlpxHjN4NNFfX3MIRmaoR13RNbXD75UkKftrgROPArpqvIKp