Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/20 6:15 p.m.
chandler said:
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to AxeHealey :

Me too, but it desperately needs hit with the lowering stick and some 18's  

Right?

I love the works but I don't know if i'll love them on the Q.  I still have to try them and I appreciate you leaving them with me to mull it over.  I'll figure that out soon.  If I don't go with those i'll throw the rs3's on the 16" bbs for now and enjoy the car while i wait for something bigger to jump out at me.  

(before i occupy the lift with the wartburg i really should part rusty if that's the right call and pull the ls1 out of the impala and try and sell the roller for real instead of just talking about it)

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
6/9/20 8:20 p.m.

Rusty always had one quirk I might not have told you about.  The car only seems to want to start if both the clutch is in and the shift lever is in N.  Just having the clutch in but with the lever in 1st gear seems to keep the car from starting.  I have always just figured the clutch/flywheel is to tight and makes contact if the lever is in anything other than N.  

6/10/20 8:23 a.m.

You told me literally everything but that, but I always have the habit of moving the stick to neutral.  

also i temporarily lost clutch hydraulic pressure yesterday after an extra aggressive tire barking 1-2 shift.  

6/10/20 9:03 a.m.

I never lost clutch hydraulics and that includes just about every 1-2 shift always being aggressive on my part. 

It's quite intoxicating to drive aggressively! 

7/16/20 1:46 p.m.

Impasse:

part of me loves rusty's stance.  Part of me loves the white car's stance or even wants it a tad taller.  White car can go up just with a taller tire. Slightly lifted sedans with a little knob to the tires get me excited.  

so i have to meditate some and see where I want to go, but it's certainly easier on my knees to not be getting in and out of a lowered car.  

rusty is officially retired, there are electrical gremlins that are going to be almost impossible to chase with the miles and miles of red wire added to the car.  The plan always was drive it till something happens, and electrical somethings are happening.  So over the next few weeks i will likely strip everything of use or value and let rusty go to the big racetrack in the sky.  I gather when it leaves there will be 2x4 chunks in place of the struts and springs, 13" trailer wheels with ancient tires, and a pinto engine dropped in the trunk.  

the thing about the white car is that it's really nice, but because of the hail damage it's not a "preserve this time capsule" car.  I don't do well with those kind of cars, because I like to modify stuff and make it mine.  

8/9/20 10:55 a.m.

Meditation was cut short by the fact that tires greater than 3/4" larger than stock diameter would rub the goofball upper control arm setup unless pushed outside the limits of my "don't stick it out past the fenders so you don't chunk the paint with rocks" rule.  So my hopes to run a 215/70-16 gnarly mud tire were squashed before long.  

so we're officially going the complete opposite direction.  Hello 20's.  These were bought on clearance with the hopes they would fit the charger, but they stuck out, so they're Q ship bound.  Would i prefer gold or bronze?  Yes.  Am I picky after seeing the cracks in the sidewalls of the tires I've been driving on?  Not at all.  I'm into the wheels and tires for like $650 all new so I'll take it.  I mounted one to test, they work, I'll mount the rest as I feel like it.  My 2 trips this week require the truck, so it can chill and wait.  I need a trailer hitch for the car.

8/9/20 11:14 a.m.

Something something put out to the universe what you want to happen something something.

just went to ebay, Curt recently listed their q45 hitches for $82.32 SHIPPED.   They've been $280-360.  It's the manufacturer's official ebay account so they must realize nobody but me is buying a hitch for a Q45 and put them on closeout.  I'll be able to go to the bike trails without taking the truck now

8/11/20 3:58 p.m.

Other 3 mounted and balanced, waiting on correct lug nuts.  Hitch shipped, ordered taillight converter box for trailer wiring and enough paint to do the spoiler off rusty.  Going to attempt to resume stripping rusty tomorrow.  

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/11/20 4:35 p.m.

Every car needs a hitch. 

8/12/20 3:22 p.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

Every car needs a hitch. 

8/12/20 4:36 p.m.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/12/20 6:02 p.m.

8/22/20 3:09 p.m.

8/22/20 3:12 p.m.

Sparkles

8/22/20 4:29 p.m.

just have to polish and install the 3rd brake lens, which is just a reflector at this point because the innards are rotten and falling out

9/23/20 5:09 p.m.

Things not looking so hot for Rusty

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
9/23/20 6:22 p.m.

Hey that's for the roof only !!!......can Stampie use any of this wreck  on his nissan???

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 6:25 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I think the diff is going to Stu.  Other than the diff not much that Patrick isn't keeping is worth anything.

9/23/20 7:08 p.m.

Diff going to stu, engine/trans coming out and when i'm not busy rebuilding my house i'll 5 speed swap my 90 and keep engine for backup.  It has an innovate wideband that I've almost got the harness pulled for and i got the stereo pulled for the 90 as well.  Keeping brakes for the heck of it and so i can bolt a bunch of junk 13 and 14" trailer wheels on for it to leave on.  Probably pull the fuel tank too because it's a complete system and might work nice for a budget efi swap in something.  

so this car is legendary on the nissan infiniti forum.  Yeah 5 speed nitrous whatever, but god damn most of it is hacked bad.  I sawzalled the trans crossmember because i can build a way better one in my sleep, and 25% of the car's weight is added red wire and zip ties.  The wideband sensor on the LH tube pointed down at a 30 degree angle and was smashed.  Just E36 M3 dangling everywhere with zipties, mismatched hardware, cross threaded stuff, etc.  also there's frame rot rivaling the rocker panels right where the rear cradle attaches, I'm embarrassed I drove it for a couple weeks

9/23/20 7:25 p.m.

But, while it ran, Rusty was a hoot to drive. Rough, abrasive, loud and obnoxious.  So fun. 

It always was intended to be a parts car, it just happened that this parts car ran so I ran the hell out of it. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 7:52 p.m.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
9/23/20 8:22 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Diff going to stu, engine/trans coming out and when i'm not busy rebuilding my house i'll 5 speed swap my 90 and keep engine for backup.  It has an innovate wideband that I've almost got the harness pulled for and i got the stereo pulled for the 90 as well.  Keeping brakes for the heck of it and so i can bolt a bunch of junk 13 and 14" trailer wheels on for it to leave on.  Probably pull the fuel tank too because it's a complete system and might work nice for a budget efi swap in something.  

so this car is legendary on the nissan infiniti forum.  Yeah 5 speed nitrous whatever, but god damn most of it is hacked bad.  I sawzalled the trans crossmember because i can build a way better one in my sleep, and 25% of the car's weight is added red wire and zip ties.  The wideband sensor on the LH tube pointed down at a 30 degree angle and was smashed.  Just E36 M3 dangling everywhere with zipties, mismatched hardware, cross threaded stuff, etc.  also there's frame rot rivaling the rocker panels right where the rear cradle attaches, I'm embarrassed I drove it for a couple weeks

Dude that fork lift truly ROCKS!!!!.......what's the weekly rental.......or should i just get forks for my JD front end loader?

9/23/20 8:39 p.m.

It's $2250 for a month delivered and picked up with tax included.  It's half that for one week.  Saving my back and the amount of stuff i'll get done with it it's a no brainer

1 ... 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AbrTB2271teKzoB0Ceae93K30flzsSPxefxuIC2CgcoXrRlOvUV75sEI6qhYSiEc