1 2 3 4 5
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/12 12:24 p.m.

You would probably have to use POR-15 then fiberglass over it. I haven't ever put anything over the POR so I'm not sure how well it works.

Or sandblast it and paint it with etching primer and fiberglass over that.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/16/12 3:28 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Does anyone know of a cheap source for fender mirrors? Do you think it would look bad to have the interior of the car painted black and the outside a different color?

Think I will go with light gray for the interior so I don't cook myself.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/16/12 3:28 p.m.
EvanB wrote: You would probably have to use POR-15 then fiberglass over it. I haven't ever put anything over the POR so I'm not sure how well it works. Or sandblast it and paint it with etching primer and fiberglass over that.

I might just try to knock some of the rougher spots down and then put POR-15 over it. Then Bondo?

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/16/12 3:32 p.m.

If you're using "Bondo" the way the Brits use "Hoover", yes.

Bondo brand filler sucks horribly though.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/12 3:57 p.m.

Get some Evercoat filler from Eastwood. For better results use the "tiger hair," body filler with fiberglass strands mixed in for strength.

http://search.eastwood.com/search?asug=&w=filler&x=0&y=0&p=Q&ts=custom

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/9/12 8:05 p.m.

So the POR-15 is applied in a lot of places. Now to smooth over a lot of those places.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/9/12 8:05 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Get some Evercoat filler from Eastwood. For better results use the "tiger hair," body filler with fiberglass strands mixed in for strength. http://search.eastwood.com/search?asug=&w=filler&x=0&y=0&p=Q&ts=custom

Thanks for that suggestion. I will try that.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/9/12 9:19 a.m.

The front struts are off the car and I should have KYBs on it soon.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/9/12 9:56 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: The front struts are off the car and I should have KYBs on it soon.

Soon, very soon :)

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/27/12 11:17 a.m.

El bumpo to get moved to build thread section.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/8/12 4:37 p.m.

Here is how the car sits now. The wiring harness is half out after last weekend and the next step is to pull the dash and remove the rest of the wiring harness. Also the front inner fender liners where pulled from the car as well as the rear bumper and side markers.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/20/12 11:50 a.m.

Wiring harness out of the car.

Also dash out of the car

It has an electric fuel pump. Need to see if it still works.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/22/12 7:47 a.m.

The dash is gutted of the A/C components. Tomorrow I will make block off plates.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/25/12 10:56 p.m.

Start of today (well except it had bumpers on it.)

By the end of the day. Hood off for engine removal. The engine is almost ready to come out except for the exhaust and then undoing the engine mounts. Hopefully that will happen the weekend after next. Today I had intended to remove the sound deadening except apparently no one in Cullman has dry ice. Also started pulling the stuff off the steering column.

I can't decide if I like the car with or without the black lower spoiler.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/25/12 10:57 p.m.

Also this is the seat for the car.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/27/12 9:39 p.m.

I didn't know that Yugo sourced fuel pumps from Mr Gasket...

Keep working, looking good...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/28/12 10:50 p.m.

Black plastic oil jug aka the cheap man's dash block off plate material. Yay things that get thrown out.

Block off plate number 1 made (I made a couple other just didn't take pictures).

Cleaning up the A/C vents to make them look a little better with the blockoff plate. One on the left has been modified.

In other news, I really need to start using a better camera then my iPhone.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/24/12 10:14 a.m.

Gas tank and exhaust off the car.

Also pulled all the stuff off the steering column including ignition switch and disconnected the shifter. So the CV axles need to come off then the engine can come off.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/16/12 12:25 p.m.

Got the Yugo parts car back to the workshop weekend before last and I started going thru it and pulling the parts I needed from it. The car was part of the deal on the Yugo I am actually building. There is no title on the car.

In the rear seat was a new flywheel.

A whole bunch of gaskets.

Four of these? What are they? I have pulled my Yugo pretty much apart and haven't seen these yet...

Pictures of said car

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
10/16/12 2:05 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Four of these? What are they? I have pulled my Yugo pretty much apart and haven't seen these yet...

Looks like an EGR valve to me. What car it's off of, I have no idea.

Edit: here's a photo of "yugo egr valve"

looks about right

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/16/12 3:45 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

My other one didn't have the EGR on it I guess.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/15/12 7:59 a.m.

Started removing the ugly as hell green paint from the intake manifold. Also cleaned the timing belt cover.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
11/15/12 4:55 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Started removing the ugly as hell green paint from the intake manifold. Also cleaned the timing belt cover.

Dang, I think I have the rest of the engine that manifold came from. I have an ugly as hell matching green head in my parts stash.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/15/12 7:25 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Started removing the ugly as hell green paint from the intake manifold. Also cleaned the timing belt cover.
Dang, I think I have the rest of the engine that manifold came from. I have an ugly as hell matching green head in my parts stash.

Probably since I got the manifold from SVreX.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
11/15/12 7:37 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Probably since I got the manifold from SVreX.

Yep, that would explain it then.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NySIE24X4ae9h6i0mj5dRcGLepUzKwEosoneL5pK8JXbGwvJK87Yu65Ba16cCrfR