barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
7/18/20 1:45 a.m.

Listing another one for dad. 
We did a rent and drive a few years ago to pick up this piece of classic American iron. 

It's got the original flathead 6, and still runs on 6v. Runs and drives. Brakes are from '51, so it stops, gently. The paint is the roughest part. It's got chips and nicks and spots of primer. NO RUST! Seriously. None. 

The radio works. AM only, of course. The car is a column shift 3 speed manual. All the windows and doors work well, interior is nice. There is a crack on the passenger side of the windshield. 

I have a couple videos I'll post up tomorrow. A drive and walk around. The car is in St. George UT. Mom wants $8k, but money talks. 
Texting me is best, 435-632-5958. 
The car drives, tires are oldish, and we drive it from Wyoming when he bought it, but I think a trailer is best. Trip: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/your-trips-and-adventures/lets-drive-a-66-year-old-car-500-miles-home/134698/page1/

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/18/20 7:06 a.m.

With LEDs that weren't available in 1951, I wonder if you can get the hood ornament to light up like on Pontiac.

That's a nice car!

128racecar
128racecar Reader
7/18/20 9:46 a.m.

I had a 54 Manhattan years ago. Great styling. I love the blue on blue color scheme. Never seen one before. Good luck with the sale!

You should put it up on the KF Owners Club forum as well: http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Marc in Indy

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/18/20 11:13 a.m.

It's 1,728 miles one way for me.  Oh, the temptation.  I would LOVE to own this car.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/18/20 12:30 p.m.

That would be an awesome fly n drive.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/19/20 11:24 a.m.
barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/27/20 10:37 p.m.

Bumpity bump. eBay listing going live tonight, but. Thought I'd give you fine folks the first chance. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/28/20 10:36 a.m.

I really wish I had the space, GLWS.

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/19/20 10:54 a.m.

Gonna bump this again. Could be a great Christmas present!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/19/20 11:28 a.m.

I'm still tempted. Very nice car

Curious....... so, it didn't sell on eBay or you didn't get it listed?

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/19/20 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Didn't sell. I may try again, but they've changed the listing rules and I paid $55 just to have it not sell. So, here, CL, FB, and a couple other places as soon as I get home. 

128racecar
128racecar Reader
11/19/20 12:47 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

I'm still tempted. Very nice car

Curious....... so, it didn't sell on eBay or you didn't get it listed?

I'm retired if you need a co-driver from Utah to Indy for arrive-and-drive. I've got wrenching experience on these, although it was decades ago. Getting a little cold for the trip through the mountain passes, though.

Marc in Indy

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/19/20 1:00 p.m.

Did I miss the price on this?

barefootskater (Shaun)
11/19/20 1:52 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

It changed. Kinda. When I first listed it here it was $6k. Mom says she wants 8, but any reasonable offer will be considered. 

As for arrive and drives, the tires are old and bias ply. I'm not sure I'd attempt the drive, though I may be a bit biased about cross country trips in old cars these days. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/1/20 3:27 p.m.

Bump. It's December. Time for buying Christmas presents!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/2/20 8:06 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to 914Driver :

It changed. Kinda. When I first listed it here it was $6k. Mom says she wants 8, but any reasonable offer will be considered. 

As for arrive and drives, the tires are old and bias ply. I'm not sure I'd attempt the drive, though I may be a bit biased about cross country trips in old cars these days. 

So why the price increase if I may be so bold?  PM me if you wish.  

And what are the chances of finding the windshield?  

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/2/20 8:33 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Pm sent. 
I haven't tried to find a windshield. It only needs the passenger side, and being a flat piece, I'm sure it could be made be a decent glass shop. 

*Edit. The glass is not flat. May be more difficult than I thought. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/2/20 8:55 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to spitfirebill :

Pm sent. 
I haven't tried to find a windshield. It only needs the passenger side, and being a flat piece, I'm sure it could be made be a decent glass shop. 

I did some quick checking and they are showing a one piece windshield.  That's strange.  Back to the googles.  

EDIT:  the 1951 did have 2 piece windshields.  "They say" the later 1 piece can be installed.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UklI1BZm8ZVwVTECMAwA0rYJMohuyOdRTG9DF5rX1mNdSQYPI2JiCfB0nAr9RrM2