smokey1
smokey1
7/21/21 7:34 p.m.

Disassembled. All original parts plus many new ones. Two complete engines. Factory hardtop asking $3500

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/21 7:59 p.m.

I'm sure others will appreciate me asking the location.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/21/21 8:02 p.m.

Location and descriptions would help folks a lot. Pictures as well.

Also note that the direct message feature here isn't very reliable, so make sure you look for replies and/or find a way to post (obfuscated) contact info.

Good luck! Who doesn't want a bugeye?

Barb_Dwyer
Barb_Dwyer New Reader
7/21/21 8:10 p.m.

Many new parts in addition to the originals. Engines in two complete sets. 

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
7/21/21 8:11 p.m.

'58? How early is the chassis? Does it have single or double wall support between the fire wall and shock mount? Kind of a triangle shaped area.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/21/21 8:50 p.m.

More details please

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/21/21 9:19 p.m.

Something is fake here....first post.  No location.  Location should be a requirement when opening an "account".  

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/21 10:24 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Something is fake here....first post.  No location.  Location should be a requirement when opening an "account".  

I guess it's up to us to start speculating. 
7:30 EDT? Has an 8-5 job, just finished supper, no young kids because that's prime hangout time-- unless it's nice weather and they're outside. That would rule out Florida. Am I making any progress??

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/21/21 10:53 p.m.

Based on the information provided so far...

I'll give you $200 and a pack of chicken nuggets.

You have to deliver.

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/22/21 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

20 miles south of Pittsburgh

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/22/21 11:58 a.m.

Pictures please. I am interested if it's not a rusted hulk.

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/22/21 4:21 p.m.

Nothing funny here.  Been on the forums for 5 years.  I thought you guys were friendly?   Has a complete 1275 engine that was running when I removed from car. Also have complete 1080 engine, 4 extra mag wheels with tires, original bumpers with guards, plastic sliding side windows, soft top frame but no top, hardtop. Some repairable lower fender rust.   New headlight frames, turn signals, tail lights, spacers for mags, brackets to change to one piece front end.  Son stripped it down to rebuild then lost interest.  If you guys want to hurl insults, go ahead.  It can stay in my garage

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/22/21 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Don49 (Forum Supporter) :

I’ll try and take some pictures this weekend.  Only rust is on lower fenders and I believe fixable. Thanks for your interest 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/22/21 7:04 p.m.
smokey1 said:

Nothing funny here.  Been on the forums for 5 years.  I thought you guys were friendly?  ......

Most of us are. 

Gonna need some pictures to help communicate condition.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/22/21 7:20 p.m.

95% of the people here are super friendly.   I see either you aren't or you have thin skin.  You want to sell a car and provided almost no information.  That is one of my pet peeves on ads for vehicle.  The other is E36 M3ty pictures taken at night in the rain.  

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/22/21 7:53 p.m.

I am very friendly and enjoy the forum. Have never listed a car before and thought I’d keep it simple to see if there was any interest. I hope to take some pictures this weekend. It’s been in the family for about 20 years and the project just stalled when my son got married and had kids.  Thought maybe it’s time to let someone else take over. There’s no pressure to sell it  but I could use the garage space

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/22/21 8:12 p.m.

Sounds like a nice project. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/22/21 8:15 p.m.

In reply to smokey1 :

The people here are very friendly and tend to look out for each other.

You may or may not know it, but your asking price is very attractive for a Bugeye if it is in any kind of restorable condition.  Almost to the point of being too good to be true.  It is a funny world this internet has created, so I hope that you are not too put off by some of the remarks.

Would love to see the car bought by someone here because then I could enjoy the build thread,

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/22/21 8:48 p.m.

I made the negative comment.  My apologies as you have proved me wrong. 

I'm from the Chicago area.  Distrust and sarcasm are the first thing we throw out there.  Sorry to throw a wrench into your sale.  

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/21 6:46 a.m.

The shame of all the scams out there is that it causes all of us to be highly skeptical. So when a listing is posted that seems too good to be true....... Glad to see that this is real and it sounds like someone will get a nice project for a realistic price. Please do post some pictures. I am interested, but have way to many projects at the moment.  I just bought an X1/9 project from a guy in CT. All remote transaction, had the car shipped down to me. Was 100% legit and a great price on what will be a fun project. But prior to that transaction, I had to deal with several people offering an X1/9 for a good price, but turns out they were overseas, the car was in a storage facility, I needed to send my deposit to an escrow account...... So many scams out there, so we all do have to be careful. That said, please do share some pictures and details and I am sure one of us will be very interested in this project. A Bugeye is on my "list", this might not be the best time for me, but someone will jump on it.

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/26/21 4:44 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Yeah that was my thought too. I’d like to have it go to someone who will care for it    Work has been hampering my ability to get it out of the garage to take pictures.   I’ll get there

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/27/21 7:24 a.m.

I too am just south of Pittsburgh. Email sent. Let me know if you received it. 

smokey1
smokey1 New Reader
7/27/21 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I did receive your email and sent you my cell phone number.   You can get me almost any time at that number.  Thanks for your interest. My intention is to get it out of the garage tomorrow if I can get away from work a little early. I’ll take some pictures 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fr8vOe3Z20EP5zWVBIgdYWn1bL8QhBMgAmW5VXbcQkLxawlwG6w46gKsVdQXw1yY