Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/9/19 12:59 p.m.

This Avanti has been discussed on another thread, but now it gets its own listing. 

Click here for the Craigs link with more photos:

1963 Avanti Barn Find

This is Mark Lasota's Avanti project. First year (1963) car but updated to 1964 nose/headlights by a prior owner. Studebaker 289, Auto, AC, Florida title. Mark said it drove into his garage but wouldn't start after the distributor was replaced. That was around 2004. Appears to be solid and complete, with most of the trim removed and stored inside, and the fiberglass body primed to get ready for painting. The car rolls, but no attempt has been made to start it.  Mark's house is being sold, and the garage needs to be cleared out soon. Buy this classic piece of American automotive history! Buy it to finish restoring it. Buy it to take to the "Studebaker Cool" exhibit at the AACA museum. Buy it to build an awesome fiberglass four-seat CAM autocross car. Buy it just so you can tell your friends you have a 1963 Avanti.  Just buy it, now, for only $6990 or best offer.

For more info PM me through the forum.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
7/9/19 1:26 p.m.

That would make a really cool CAM car, or the roots for an awesome Pro Touring build.

Danny Shields
7/16/19 10:51 a.m.

Also on Barnfinds.com now.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 10:59 a.m.

I’d pay $6990 just to stare at those hinges all day.  Sadly I don’t have $6990 or even $69 right now 

Danny Shields
7/16/19 12:38 p.m.

I would love to see someone here take this car and do something with it. For Patrick, here is the other trunk hinge:

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/19 7:32 p.m.

That would be fantastic in CAM...  But I am broke also.

Danny Shields
7/27/19 9:12 p.m.

Just look at those elegant Raymond Loewy lines! And that engine compartment! When will you have another chance to own an early  Avanti? wink

Danny Shields
7/29/19 10:14 a.m.

Just physically verified that the car has the four-barrel carb.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
7/29/19 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields :

All Studebaker Avantis came with the 4 barrel. Does your local chapter of the Studebaker Drivers club know about this car? You should reach out to them.

Danny Shields
7/29/19 2:54 p.m.

Thanks for the information and the suggestion.

jr02518
jr02518 Reader
7/30/19 8:28 p.m.

Yes, they look great.  But you might want to confirm the weight of the car.  That and there might not be that much room for tire's to replace the shinny white walls found under the car as delivered.    They do exude cool and with the factory supercharger they were quick.

I hope it comes with boxes of stuff to finish off the details of the car.  According to the write up it's all there, just need to embrace the challenge! 

Danny Shields
7/31/19 9:15 a.m.

Let me just put this out there for something to think about, from our friends at Hagerty:

Avanti pro touring

Danny Shields
8/4/19 11:49 a.m.

Avanti is sold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LJSSReAB6xpSvThB8Uh3seTKs61dwaOGCI9GwWRwo9GcVDgqcaT9tGfU7oyQrkY4