cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/19/20 11:31 p.m.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-1963-studebaker-gt-gran/7242342821.html

Looks pretty solid, actually. Seems like it's not running and the lack of interior pictures is... concerning, but it's cheap!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/20 11:57 p.m.

Needs to make a garage baby with that C4

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/20/20 9:07 a.m.

I have a Corvette Kart with no bodywork. I have the garage space to put this body on the Kart chassis. If COVID keeps up, I'd have the time to try, but of course, it's on the opposite side of the country. Damn!!!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/20 9:08 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Needs to make a garage baby with that C4

I'd honestly just rather have the c4

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
12/20/20 9:14 a.m.

I got to drive a current tray C4 back in 1990. There is no stock C4 that holds any interest for me at all. The body is unattractive, and the performance is nonexistent. Now as a blank slate, they have potential! 

I would go a different route with the hawk, but a ton of potential there as well. 

Sadly, neither is really in my future crying

metty
metty New Reader
12/20/20 1:15 p.m.

is there anyone in the SF area who could assist in getting this to the east coast?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/20 3:55 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

I have a Corvette Kart with no bodywork. I have the garage space to put this body on the Kart chassis. If COVID keeps up, I'd have the time to try, but of course, it's on the opposite side of the country. Damn!!!

Your Bluff has been called:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/700047213963853/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/21/20 9:38 a.m.

I just looked and the difference in wheelbase between the Hawk and C4 is 24.3". YIKES! Over 2 feet of sheetmetal to section out of a body. The C4 chassis is very easy to lengthen as the rails are parallel, but after all of the rollcage fab work has been done, that's a "big negative good buddy".  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d2DWs3HlZczqsQ0foSYyrR7AGeBPv2iFdQiJJNP0VMS9MNLZKCz5Tkg818MzqNAn