maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/29/16 8:01 p.m.

’73 BMW 2002tii -- VIN 2762709, Malaga w/ black interior, 123k miles, asking price: $21,500

Good: Matching numbers engine, solid body, minimal rust, Recaro seats, rebuilt KF pump, Pertronix, 02Again shorty header

Bad: Minor rust in passenger side rocker, kink in driver side frame rail, beginning of rust in lower door seams

Background: I’m the 3rd owner and have had the car for about 16 years and 23,000 miles. This 2002tii was originally Sahara and was painted by the original owner in a non-BMW color and then painted Malaga by the previous owner. The original front seats were worn, so I converted the interior to black and added Recaro front seats. I used the car extensively during the summer months the first 2-3 years that I owned it and worked through a variety of mechanical issues with the goal of making it reliable. I use Redline in the tranny and diff, Castrol 10/40 or 20/50 in engine.

The kink in the driver side frame rail happened with the original owner. Apparently, he hit something which damaged the front subframe and kinked the frame rail. There was no damage to the nose. I replaced the front subframe thinking that this would solve the problem. While I was doing this, I found the damage to the frame rail. The best way to fix this would be to replace the frame rail. A new frame rail is included.

Car is located in Yellow Springs, Ohio (near Dayton). Inspections are welcome and encouraged.

Photos --> https://goo.gl/photos/mGMaGULukvLvAit48

(Sorry, I don't know how to make pics work here.)

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/29/16 8:07 p.m.

Now asking $18,500.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
7/29/16 10:49 p.m.

Nice looking ride. GLWS

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XWzgzvKEWvhj97l8RBDwxgFeNo4pZ2HOFaHGcBUE2mTmTh1dH8yRH98BC1jVJRKZ