Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/1/22 1:35 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1427764177706785/

this thing is hideous, it hurts to look at. but for 2k? it cant be that bad right

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
9/1/22 1:46 a.m.

That purple is downright painful. 
Could be decent, or could be a giant money pit!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/22 8:33 a.m.

I'm starting to see more and more c3s in challenge pricing zones. Before it was only ever c4s. 

That may be the best one I've seen yet though!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/1/22 9:39 a.m.

What percentage of Corvettes are automatics?  It's like cream in your coffee, light beer or condoms, works but just takes all the fun out of the thing?

eedavis
eedavis GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/1/22 10:13 a.m.

dang. wish i was closer. and I used to have fam not far from Ocala. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/22 10:36 a.m.
914Driver said:

What percentage of Corvettes are automatics?  It's like cream in your coffee, light beer or condoms, works but just takes all the fun out of the thing?

My true belief is that some cars are better with autos. And I think c3/c4 vettes may fall into that group. 

Big torque, don't love to rev, and can't hear the difference between 3500rpm and redline. I'll let the auto do the work. 

eedavis
eedavis GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/1/22 10:45 a.m.
914Driver said:

This source says abt 84%

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
9/1/22 12:18 p.m.

I seems to have a Florida title. This appears to be a great deal.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/1/22 12:20 p.m.

SEADave
SEADave Dork
9/1/22 12:54 p.m.

You guys are super-harsh.   That's about 1000% better looking then I expected a running/driving $2k C3 to look.  At least it has paint and bumpers on both ends.   

128racecar
128racecar Reader
9/1/22 2:02 p.m.

I don't think anyone is being too harsh when there are zero undercarriage pictures. C3s are notorious for looking great on the outside and having catastrophic rust in the frame. I would want to see pictures of the #3 body mount (which gives you a general idea of the birdcage) and the rear frame kickup/jacking point just in front of the rear wheel. If those are solid, it's a great buy. If they are toast, it's salvage material only. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/1/22 4:11 p.m.

Don't overlook the duct tape trying to keep the water out because the door wont align/close.  I predict trouble at the A-pillar, hinge area that no longer allows for the door to align

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
9/1/22 4:32 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I did not notice the tape; was not looking to close. But I did notice the door slightly open for a picture, put in an ad. That indicates a questionable car... or at least a questionable seller!!!

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/1/22 5:04 p.m.

Car was previously from Westpoint Ga. I suspect it was fine.... sold already 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
9/1/22 5:45 p.m.

Car had been in GA, at some point. And there are other reasons that door may have needed tape to hold it almost shut. Almost all are more expensive than Joe Q Public would think. 
Rustiest vette I ever personally worked on spent it's whole life in FL. 
The S. E. Coastline has salt in the rain! Not as bad as the great white north, but it ain't AZ laugh

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/2/22 8:56 p.m.

Door alignment could be nothing more than the hinge spring. Very common. Mine needs replacing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4jJlxBmxOOlAzZdGfvVUDU7Texy5jek9qbU8UmZ5VT1KRbp0sRQbkCWJNTzUUrVZ