gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/26/22 7:09 p.m.

Link https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4851981548237209/  Edit-More photos and walk around and drive by videos here-https://www.flickr.com/photos/159999126@N07/albums/72177720298362527

My grandpa bought the truck new in 1978. Entire maintenance history included with truck. Let's call this the got my head out of my butt edition pricing. I finally was able to meet a guy that dealt with old cars and trucks who gave me a value of 12,000-15,000 after he laid hands on it with the history and complete paperwork trail. FB Marketplace price $13,500 GRM price $11,500.

Edit: Drive report- I drove this 200 miles yesterday from my moms house to our and it drives like a truck with 44,000 miles on it. Complete paperwork history, minus the monroney sheet. AM radio still plays country western just like its 1978 if you're in range of the right station. Has been in a storage building the last 20 years and driven at least twice a year and maintained as needed. You can fly in and drive it anywhere in the country. Windows down air conditioning as in, if your windows are down you will get an idea of the condition of the air outside.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/22 9:57 p.m.

As much as I hate to bump my own thread I thought the price drop is worth it since it basically isn't going to be seen with just an edit of the original post. GRM price $11,500

Edit: Also finally posted enough for full dork-dom yay me.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/22 8:22 a.m.

Looks like a 350?  Really nice original looking truck!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/25/22 1:58 p.m.
Loweguy5 said:

Looks like a 350?  Really nice original looking truck!

Yessir! 350, Thanks, I appreciate it!

mickpiston
mickpiston Reader
10/7/22 12:37 p.m.

Wow I love it. Really beautiful truck!

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/22 12:52 p.m.

These days a gold mine on four wheels. Too bad you can't hang on to it.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/8/22 11:08 a.m.

Do you have any photos under of the cab and chassis? Any rust?

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/8/22 11:21 a.m.

That's a time warp right there

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/16/22 12:08 p.m.
ctk339 said:

Do you have any photos under of the cab and chassis? Any rust?

I didn't until another GRM'er expressed interest and asked about the same thing so I went and took photos and discovered one area on one of the ribs under the cab there was a hole rusted right through. Naturally I immediately jammed a screwdriver through the hole to see if it continued in the floor of the cab. It didn't. Then I measured the rot on all three sides of the rib and on the sides. I wrote it down elsewhere and I'll update if I'm misremembering but the bottom was 2x3 inches the inside of the rib was 3x4 inches and the outside of the rib was 2x3 inches with plenty of good metal past each area. There was surface rust on the rest of the chassis but even that was pretty light. There is also discoloration on the back of the transmission and the engine so I'll figure out what that is today and update.

Update: As it turns out since I didn't check yesterday and of course the other side had rot in the same place. However, LMC truck has the replacement piece for both sides at less than 20 dollars each so if the truck doesn't sell I will replace both sides so there will be no rot on the truck so that's neat. The discoloration is motor oil from a leak on the back of the drivers side valve cover and the oil pan gasket. There is a transmission fluid leak at the speedometer connection to the transmission but its pretty minor since nothing is hitting the ground under the truck and that's the only place for that to drip.

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/19/22 8:22 p.m.

Bump for a very nice original truck!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/20/22 11:29 a.m.
Loweguy5 said:

Bump for a very nice original truck!

Thanks Mike!!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/28/22 9:14 p.m.

I just had an offer for a straight up trade for a 1970 Chevy pickup with a four on the floor and who know how many miles but he lives in the same city I do. We are meeting tomorrow sans interruptions( I am on call) so we will see what happens.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/28/22 10:01 p.m.

Is the manual trans truck something you will keep?  I ask because I suspect the current owner is having a hard time finding a buyer for the manual and he thinks your automatic will be easier to sell.

Who's buying manual trans trucks?  The old boys have bad knees/hips and are done with manuals. The young'ens were never taught and don't know anyone who ever owned one. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sWqWjOSA10p2lRTm2SwDFSF6KHNn0ubQVCq6C91UGcRb0hqkBpLIVLn0hBu7kUV2