1 2 3
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/27/18 8:04 a.m.

Full build thread on what you're buying

Well, the price is $1999.37 Includes spares, window nets, challenge livery, and a complete ready to run challenge car. 

Dallas never got around to starting the ls swap, and the clutch needs bled again. But, fired up right away last night. Has a title, even in dallas name!

The 5.3 ls is available for 500 as well, with all accessories, wiring, and ecm. Im brokering the sale.   

Car finished 9th in th $2017 challenge, and was consistently second in local c prepared autocross. 

This is a grm only deal. If it aint going to be a challenge car or hillclimb, if it ain't staying in the family, it stays in the barn. We all just want to see it keep living, and with dallas getting remarried and taking over the family plumbing buisness entirely, its just sitting and will be for a long time.

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 8:31 a.m.

Ls claimed by Patrick 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/18 8:56 a.m.

This car with more power, a circle track 2 speed and the new wiiiiide 15” a7’s is a cp monster.  The cage is beautiful and the finish work makes me wish i was that detail oriented on my cars.  I’m obviously not in the market but if someone doesn’t pull the trigger today at this silly low price, the whole lot of you need checked into the mental hospital 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/27/18 9:37 a.m.

For those that need visual enticement...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/27/18 9:40 a.m.

I would have to sell or trade off one or two cars to acquire this.  Most likely it will be gone before I could do that.  

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/18 9:46 a.m.

Oh berk! Alright, color me very interested and serious. What motor does it have now, the 258?

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 9:48 a.m.

302 ford with gt40p heads, 3.03 trans, 8.8 with 3.73 and trackloc, rear discs, 12 point custom cage, seam welded.....

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 9:53 a.m.

Should have said this earlier. 

Pm dont work often for me.

Call/text at 828-260-1254

Im looking at you, javelin.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/18 10:02 a.m.

You should post some interior and engine pictures. This car is full of such great attention to detail, not just for a Challenge car but in general. And a TON of potential for next year's Challenge with some good sorting, testing, and better tires. GLWS

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 10:04 a.m.

If i had some on my phone, i would. Im stuck in training today.

But, theyre available on the last couple of pages of the build thread if someone would be nice enough to hotlink them for me.

It really is a fantastic car. Tires and shift linkage away from an even higher place finish. Im proud of what we built with this one.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/27/18 10:25 a.m.

And of course, the race livery...

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 10:32 a.m.

Thanks! Only changes from these pictures is dust, rear wing removed for storage, and removed fire suppression system. (It was halon, and is on my shelf for the miata)

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/27/18 10:39 a.m.

a1+++ most excellent deal. 

If it doesn't sell today I think you should take it off the market and re-list one week before the challenge. Same price, but offer to ship it to the challenge for the potential buyer for more. 

Then Andy and I will probably start a bidding war on the shipping price. cheeky

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 10:45 a.m.

Nah.  Someone needs to get it now, spend the summer driving and tweaking it, and come kick my butt with it in October. I would love to see it podium, and i think its capable in the right hands.

Patrick
12/27/18 10:56 a.m.

Javelin step your game up, because i have $7000 available on paypal credit and am prone to making stupid financial decisions with cars.  Please don’t make me tell Carli I bought another car

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

For you, id throw in some ls1 camaro brakes for the chevelle. But you'd have to pick up ....

Patrick
12/27/18 11:02 a.m.

I resist your temptation, someone else needs to carry this torch

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/18 11:16 a.m.

Patrick is going to arrive at the Challenge in a few years with an awesome car for each of his 4 family members and sweep the top-4 places. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/18 11:16 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I was in until Ford motor. I already have one of those in the stable. It's still really tempting.

Dusterbd13-michael
12/27/18 11:22 a.m.

We made the ford engine a bolt in. No hacking to any of the factory mount points.  So, an amc should be a bolt in.

Patrick
12/27/18 11:57 a.m.

Go get it, then stop in Ohio because a grmer’s grandpa south of me has that never fired rebuilt 360, get your amc bellhousing and bolt it in.  

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
12/27/18 12:09 p.m.

Um... I'm Jedi mind tricking my self.  you did not see anything...

Robbie
12/27/18 12:46 p.m.

Well, I just had to text this link to a buddy to get an offer to go halfsies with me. 

Now - to find another buddy and keep them from finding out about each other...

Edit: if an "Ian" attempts to contact you, chances are very high that is the aforementioned 'buddy'.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/18 1:22 p.m.

Geeze. I do not need this... 

Is there a title? I have a thing for potential street "legal" race cars.

Robbie
12/27/18 1:26 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Geeze. I do not need this... 

Is there a title? I have a thing for potential street "legal" race cars.

according to first post - looks like it!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HZTgmSCukiqndCimeDvXyQ4JXNh74xUmPguCqwr3iVX5cPUsyVCz33puT1oOirBX