1 2
barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 6:34 p.m.

Selling my little ford. It's ugly and slow, and cold starts suck, but it's always been reliable. Base model as far as I can tell. 2.3 Lima, na. Manual steering, brakes, transmission, windows. No ac, but the heater works great. No radio. Odometer reads somewhere in the 50k range but who knows how many times it's rolled over. The tires are 1 year old, and I did front brakes/bearings, new gear oil in diff and trans, new water pump, timing belt/tensioner, rebuilt the carb and converted to electric fan. The muffler has a hole in it and the car was de-smogged by the po. Motor mounts need replaced, new ones included.  It's not perfect but definitely in good shape. No real rust, and pretty straight. Missing one hub cap. I'm not doing a great job of selling it. But I like the car, a lot, and I'm in no rush to see it go. 

it does photograph well though. And the GRM sticker is already applied. 
Anyway, asking $1500 since that's what I paid. Totally good for a fly and drive as long as you don't mind 65mph. In St George UT

Text me at for3five six3too five95ate or send a pm. Thanks. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/8/20 7:24 p.m.

If it had AC and I wouldn't get face-murdered by the wife, I'd be all over that.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 8:30 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I mean, it's a 2.3, so I would imagine an enterprising individual could scrounge junkyard ranger parts and make basically a factory ac system. 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/8/20 8:37 p.m.

You know how people say cars have character? Well, that one definitely is full of it.

There can’t be many base model  foxes kicking around anymore. Hope it finds an appreciative new owner.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 8:48 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

It definitely has character. I think this is one I'll regret letting go, but life has its demands. Time and space, and I could surely use the money. That said, I'm really going to miss it. 

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/9/20 7:51 a.m.

Oh man, I love it. Great character. Sadly, 3 cars is enough for me. 

GLWS

Wow.  That's something I haven't seen roadworthy, much less daily driven, in a long time.  

Four speed or five speed?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/9/20 9:56 a.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

4. All of them slow. 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/10/20 9:36 p.m.

Wife listed this on FB for me. 
Some guy messaged "I offer $750. You should take the offer because you may not know but these cars aren't even worth scrap."

so you see why I'm not on FB. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/20 9:53 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

So if they aren't even worth scrap (not sure how that happens) why would him being in the know offer more than scrap?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/10/20 10:02 p.m.

I had a mustang just like this when I was 17.  Given to me by a family member because it didn't run.  I put 2 2.3s into it before we got one that was good.  What a fantastic little crappy car it was! 13" wheels!  And the Horn stalk!

As a result I have 3 fox bodies in various states of projectness today.  I love 'em!

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/10/20 10:04 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

You think like I do. I'm not sure how that guy thinks. I didn't feel the need to respond to him though, so I guess we'll never know. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/20 10:22 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I'm sorry that you think like I do.  Whiskey helps.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/11/20 12:22 a.m.

I’m always amused when random people who’ve never laid eyes on my stuff try to get a “deal” by telling me what it is or isn’t worth.

Fwiw, maybe I’m crazy and like weird stuff but I’d pay at least close to your ask for it. Fortunately you’re far away so that’s not a conversation I have to have with my wife :P

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/20 1:08 a.m.
barefootskater said:

Wife listed this on FB for me. 
Some guy messaged "I offer $750. You should take the offer because you may not know but these cars aren't even worth scrap."

so you see why I'm not on FB. 

Have him go to 214 N 1000 E  and tell his jokes to somebody else.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/12/20 10:13 a.m.
markjlemmon said:

Hi, This is Mark J. Lemmon.

The 1980 Mustang year was underwhelming in terms of performance options and power, it was a remarkably attractive and lightweight car that can be found relatively inexpensively and upgraded. Even if the 1980 Mustang had come equipped with an incredible engine and transmission combination, nearly forty years later these components would likely need replacement.

WTF? Weird bot...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/12/20 1:43 p.m.

I wish I had the time and space for this.  Would make for an epic road trip back to Ohio.

downforce65
downforce65
9/13/20 10:16 p.m.

Not quite ready to buy, sadly. The possibilities are endless with this one. Are those really 13 inch wheels? (I rather like them...)  Thinking a Lima 2.3 turbo, or perhaps a V-6.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/14/20 12:15 a.m.

In reply to downforce65 :

13" all around. Even the spare, I think. 

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/14/20 8:16 a.m.

I mean, I think we need more pictures all-around. Some underbody for us poor souls in the rust belt may entice some people to make the trip. 

I'm even thinking dumb thoughts of getting there, but trying to just avoid looking anymore lol.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
9/15/20 3:10 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

I have a tendency to do it the other way.  That is, when I see a car with what is a steal of a price, I wonder if they know what they have and/or what they are doing.  Of course, I only do that when I have no money or it's a car I would never be interested in.  I sort of talked myself out of a Triumph Italia 35 years ago that was advertised as disassembled but complete for $400 by the father of the owner who was tired of this car in his driveway.

FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS...AM I A MAROON?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/20 6:32 p.m.

I am absolutely thrilled that this is on the other end of the country.  This is ALMOST exactly the Fox that I'd want.

If it were a notchback I'd be booking a flight right now and I hate airplanes.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/15/20 9:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
If it were a notchback I'd be booking a flight right now and I hate airplanes.

In for if it was's

If this was a T-top car, I would have bought it already. I am not a Mustang fan, I have owned a couple and several other foxes, I have a pile of 200" inline 6 bits that need a home. The only Mustang above donor status that would coax dollars from my wallet at this point would be a T roof....

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/15/20 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
10/8/20 3:13 p.m.

Small chance the car ends up at challenge this year. If that is the case, the price is negotiable, but I would need to figure out a way home ($)

still up in the air. If anyone is more interested and wants more photos, let me know. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lo8UayfQOjzyFgArv5x6euLrcn5iwFQmpMcgk1SS6ovJ7krQl8wtDt5tlW3aTPSp