Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
1/4/23 10:47 p.m.

I am very sad to make this post, but I have realized that it is best for me to let this project go on to someone else. I impulse purchased this car in 2021, and it has sat ever since. I decided that this car is very low on my list of projects, but it is taking up my very limited garage space.

I do not know very much about this car since I have not worked on it at all since I brought it home in October 2021. This is a two "registered" owner car and it sat for the majority of its life. The previous owner purchased the car in 1987 with 45,700 miles on it. He was a car collector and apparently had a large number of vehicles. He unfortunately passed away in August 2021 and this fiat was sold in a lot of cars to another car collector, which is where I purchased the car. It currently has only 49,654 miles on the odometer and has sat for an unknown amount of time.

The car looks very good from a distance, but has a good number of rusty areas where water obviously collected while it sat. I will post as many pictures as I can from it. I also have a set of cromodora cd-91 wheels to go with the vehicle.

Located in southeast wisconsin. $2500 obo

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/4/23 11:36 p.m.

I love Fiats but they certainly earned their reputation for rusting.  Have you tried starting it?

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
1/5/23 5:29 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

I have not. I wanted to drain the gas tank and replace the fuel filter end fluids before attempting. The engine turned over freely by hand when I got it though.

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
2/7/23 12:48 a.m.

Is your price firm?

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
2/7/23 12:51 a.m.

How's the rust on the floor, especially near the front "firewall" and the 2 deep cavities in the rear trunk?

aashideacon
aashideacon New Reader
3/27/24 11:41 a.m.

do you still have this?

Piguin
Piguin Reader
3/27/24 5:14 p.m.

Yes, replying to a necro for a car that probably won't still be available, but:

I still find it amazing how such a clean car can have such rust. Just a trait of the Fiat quality of the era.

I had an Autobianchi A112E that my mother had bought new. Looked immaculate. And then I had to replace a front fender for a silly crash. Everything was rotten inside. Blew my mind.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
3/28/24 1:20 p.m.

Older ad to reboot? Anyone heard back from the original poster?

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy Reader
3/29/24 4:48 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Car has long since been sold. Apparantly I did not turn on notifications for this post and missed your last few comments. I am semi active on GRM. I surprisingly sold the car for even more than I originally listed it for in less than a week after I posted it. The profits from it and a few other car sales have gone into an mr2 spyder that has since been k swapped

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BrvyitvcRs7pAf03sRMTKQhQx0hRsCkMULHcmsGsPhy8imWOVLRHH7khzbjcIIro