ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
2/19/20 7:04 p.m.

1984 Chevrolet Corvette
174,200 miles
Automatic, Z51 package
Located near Portland, OR

GRM price $2500, listed at $3500 elsewhere.

I've had the car for almost three years and decided that it's time for something different.

Runs and drives. Exterior is best described as complete. The paint has seen better days.
Interior is the same. Everything is there, but it's well loved. The seats are from a 1985 that was in much better shape than the seats that came with the car.
The RPO sticker is missing, but the steering wheel ratio tells me that it has the quick steering rack of a Z51.
It is currently sitting on C5 wheels with Hankook Ventus Evo2 tires with less than 3000 miles on them, installed 3 years ago. 245/45R17 on the front and 275/40R18 on the rear.
Heat works, AC does not. All the hardware appears to work but the refrigerant does not stay in the system very long.
The last major issue I had with the car was related to the fusible link mentioned below. That caused the car to have no power. After I fixed that, I've had no problems with it.

Recent service:
New windlace weather stripping 1/2020
Fresh oil and filter 11/2019
New transmission pan gasket, filter and fluid 4/2019
Replaced fusible link at starter 3/2019
New battery 12/2017 from Costco
New starter 12/2017
New (to me) seats, 7/2017
Compression test 5/2017 (all within 10% of each other)
New brake pads and rotors 5/2017
New TPS 4/2017
New spark plugs and wires 4/2017
New exterior window sweeps 4/2017
new serpentine belt 4/2017

Photo dump:
https://imgur.com/a/K99L53W

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
4/13/20 11:59 p.m.

Bump. 

Just for fun, here is a list of trade offers I've received from Facebook.  See anything I should have taken?

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/20 7:42 a.m.

The CJ2A is the only one that catches my eye as long as it isn't completely rotten. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
4/14/20 8:13 a.m.

Depends on how many wheels the 250R has.

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
4/14/20 8:36 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Either way, a decent 250r is $2500 all day. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/14/20 10:58 a.m.

On the 91 Harley that means full touring model.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/14/20 11:39 a.m.

This and Jav's Thunderbird, $2,500 each and located so damned far away.   I need to start a Washington state vehicle relocation service and bring truckloads of cool, old, interesting cars back East.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
4/14/20 12:32 p.m.

Too bad it is across the country. Yes Jeremy, you need to start a relocation service, us here would keep you in business.

I would love to have it, not many crossfire cars around. Oh and I do happen to have a Z/28 Crossram setup that would be perfect on this car, with some engine upgrades to go along.

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
4/14/20 7:17 p.m.

EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:
The CJ2A is the only one that catches my eye as long as it isn't completely rotten. 

Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/7ui5rWF

Cooter said:
Depends on how many wheels the 250R has.

Four wheels good sir.

Stampie (FS) said:
On the 91 Harley that means full touring model.

Thanks! I never would have guessed that.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:
This and Jav's Thunderbird, $2,500 each and located so damned far away.   I need to start a Washington state vehicle relocation service and bring truckloads of cool, old, interesting cars back East.

81cpcamaro said:
Too bad it is across the country. Yes Jeremy, you need to start a relocation service, us here would keep you in business.

I would love to have it, not many crossfire cars around. Oh and I do happen to have a Z/28 Crossram setup that would be perfect on this car, with some engine upgrades to go along.

Based on reading some of Javelin's posts, I'm pretty certain that we live close to each other. Within an hour or so. Hopefully that helps one of you make a sound financial decision smiley

If someone would like one of the trades listed above for my asking price, I could certainly work out a deal. yes

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/20 9:18 p.m.
ValourUnbound said:

EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:

Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/7ui5rWF

That would probably be $6-8k around here. I recently started looking for older Jeeps but around here it's a minimum $6k for something that doesn't need frame repair from rust. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
4/15/20 1:25 a.m.

That jeep is badass I would trade a Corvette for it.

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
4/15/20 2:25 a.m.

I have no use for such a thing, sadly.  If there's someone crazy enough to come all the way out here to drive it home [on a trailer] I could certainly see if it's still available.

randyracer
randyracer New Reader
4/15/20 5:44 p.m.

HarleyI. If it runs.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/17/20 10:36 p.m.

In 91, the HD Ultra Glide was the model name for there full size bike with factory full windshield and fairing, hard saddle bags, and a trunk - with all the bells and whistles. "Bagger" or "dresser" (or full dresser) are just ol' bike slang for such bikes.

If in at least average or better shape, its worth it. They were well on the way to making the "EVO" engine (more slang) very dependable by then.

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
4/18/20 2:13 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

How's the market on them? Do you think flipping it would be a challenge? Anything that's more sellable than a C4 would be an upgrade.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/18/20 3:53 p.m.

It's hard to say. Depends on how it runs, and condition of paint/fibreglass/metal.  And I don't know the market out there. I would think a Ultra would bring at least 3-4 grand if it can be ridden 'round the block without things falling off! 5-7 if average to nice. But find someone to help ya check it out with ya.

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound New Reader
4/28/20 3:46 p.m.

Semi-weekly update/bump.

People seem to be quite unreliable. I had one guy say he would come Sunday. Sunday morning I ask if he's still coming, he says no, I had to work. I ask if he would like to reschedule, no response.

I had another person message me, asks first for an appointment. He is the first person to every try to see the car before asking about the price. After setting the appointment, he starts talking price :( He says he has $1500 and wants to surprise his dad with a resto project. As a father of 98 days, I'm guess his dad would not want a project, and even if he did, I doubt he would want a C4. If the kid (he's 18) lived close by, I would try to get some yard work out of the deal, but alas, he's an hour away. 

Then I got another message asking what the lowest price I would take for it was. My favorite opener... I said $2500, he said ok, when can we meet. I said today after 10am. He said ok, I'll message you when I'm free. I said I'd like to schedule an appointment, even if it's tentative. No response.

Ugh.

Yet another person said he could come Saturday. I said sure, then not 20 minutes later he says "sorry my boss who is a huge corvette guy just cut me a deal on his". Mind you this is at 10:30pm. 

On the trade front, I've been offered a "nice Acura rsx" and an Acura rl sh with 206k miles. I guess OfferUp likes Acuras for some reason. 

Although, just now I did get an trade offer for some house work. Hmm...

Maybe the current events are making things difficult. Maybe my price is too high? I'm sure I could move it in a day for $1000.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/28/20 5:45 p.m.

I keep wanting that bagger.  My old shovelhead had an FL (bagger) front end.  It was a nice contrast to the solo seat rigid frame.  Damn it now I'm going to see how cheap old Harleys are on CL.  This is all your fault.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CrSFQPjRwCkIq4h0umXvCSp5JxlQDpMyLPW2UF2OXGjWwBuqTtHyfEzbaXTdPYFy