ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/6/13 8:27 p.m.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD! Thanks for your interest!

-181,000 miles, slightly younger engine (about 150-some thousand)

-One tiny crack in the dash

-Recently installed new door cups

-Great interior-comes with a set of reupholstered front seats!

-Comes with a T50 rebuild kit ($475 value)

-Factory LSD in decent shape

-Mitsubishi Starion factory alloys with good tires

-Just breezed through DEQ with ease, Oregon tags good for the next 2 years

-K&N FIPK

-TRD Plug wires on an MR2 heatshield distributor, recent new O-rings

-High-flow Magnaflow cat

-2.5" catback exhaust

-TRD bushings and strut tops

-Momo pedals

-Momo shift knob

-GT Grant steering wheel

-De-powered power steering rack (looped lines)

-Electric fan conversion

-Lightweight battery with custom tie-down

-Custom short shifter-This very shifter served as the pattern for Battleversion's short shifter, which served as inspiration for T3's short shifter!

-Custom spin turn knob on the e-brake-handmade by me!

-Halogen headlights

-Tokico shocks

-Slotted/drilled brake rotors/Project Mu B-Force brake pads installed recently

-Goodridge braided stainless brake lines throughout

-Blacktop 20-valve flywheel (the lightest factory flywheel) with new Toyota smallport high-comp/20-valve clutch/pressure plate

-Injectors cleaned and tested fairly recently

-Installed my best factory wiring harness, coil, and ECU not too many miles ago

-New oil cooler lines fairly recently

-New windshield not too long ago

Asking $3900. I have enjoyed this car for the last 17 years. It was my first car ever and had been my main car until lately. I have enjoyed autocross, TSD, rallycross, trackdays, and lots of street driving in this car. Awesome base for a track/drift/rally car, or a fun driver. The dash is in good shape, and much of the interior is good. Salvage title from a minor fender bender before I bought it; straight radiator support. A little surface rust in the spare wheel well and a tiny bit on the sunroof panel. Really nice interior, typical original red paint with some chips and oxidation. A genuine GT-S you can drive and enjoy. Available for viewing in the Portland area. Feel free to post up here or send me a message if you want even more details or have specific questions.

Not really interested in trades or trades plus cash unless you have an Lotus Seven (Locost, etc) project or parts. I might also be interested in hearing about smallbore exotic streetbikes (FZR400, CB-1, SRX250, etc) or vintage smallbore Italian cars, but either of those is more of a long shot.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/6/13 11:04 p.m.

Berk me...gorgeous...so much want

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/7/13 12:07 p.m.

Someone save it from cult of the drifters!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/7/13 1:14 p.m.

I'm soooo tempted.

Anybody need some tofu delivered (yeah, I know it's the wrong bodystyle and color)?

What's the rust situation like?

ShadowSix
ShadowSix Dork
12/7/13 1:23 p.m.

Only YOU can prevent Drifting.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
12/7/13 1:40 p.m.

This car is in awesome shape. If you live in a salt state, I guarantee you've NEVER seen one of these so rust free, unless you literally bought one when they were brand new. The interior is also in awesome shape and with a paint job this thing would be a real time capsule.

I see this car regularly since we share a shop. If you're into AE86s, then you want this car. You couldn't ask for a better maintained example, and it's just used enough that you will feel good continuing to use it as it was intended to be used.

Bryce

BoxheadTim
12/7/13 1:48 p.m.

Well, we have rust free AE86s down here, they're just usually pretty drifted out...

I've been wanting an AE86 for a while now, the last one on here was advertised at a bad time so it one didn't work out. I've been trying to find a hatchback one though, but if this one is that good...

ae86andkp61
12/7/13 2:21 p.m.

It is a great driver; nice enough to use and enjoy, but not so flawless and original that you have to freak out about driving it. It looks good for its age and is less ratty and far less rusty than most AE86's, but it would need some bodywork and paint to be a concours car. The modifications and updates are focused on enhancing the character and keeping it versatile with a minimum of compromise. It is a great jack-of-all-trades and I would love to find it a home where it can continue to get regular use.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/8/13 3:44 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Someone save it from cult of the drifters!

This x 1 Million

ae86andkp61
12/12/13 1:39 a.m.

Still available....come check it out!

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
12/12/13 4:15 p.m.

Each day I go into the shop and see this car is still in it, I'm shocked that nobody here scooped it up yet. Don't forget, you need to get yourself a Christmas present too!

Nashco said: If you're into AE86s, then you want this car.

Bryce

BoxheadTim
12/12/13 4:17 p.m.

I'm seriously thinking about it, but there are a couple of job related questions that I will only have answers for early next week. Once I've got those I should be able to figure out very quickly if I can get the car or not.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/14/13 2:37 a.m.

Itsuki had a Levin coupe...

BoxheadTim
12/14/13 10:00 p.m.

Well, I am about as good a driver as Iggy...

ae86andkp61
12/21/13 6:43 p.m.

SOLD...Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nn7RjGr2bla40uxPMgCWxHBy2oHkNO3dtxm6REiicgeAmXy6teh9EtFuZqbhd8vE