Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/30/20 1:15 p.m.

I threw another one of our cars on CL and figured I'd crosspost here (with an appropriately GRM-adjusted price) as well. 

The time has come for me to part with my '85 Fleetwood Brougham. The car runs, drives, and stops, but does need some tinkering to be thrown into daily use OR to be restored back to perfect condition. I'm the third owner of the car and have enjoyed my time with it.

The good:
- New fuel filter, air filter, transmission fluid and filter, distributor cap, and distributor rotor
- Repainted in 2006. The vinyl top was replaced at that time as well. Both are still decent.
- Nearly rust-free. No rot anywhere that I've found. There is surface rust on a ding in the rear fender.
- A set of replacement rear filler panels will be included in the sale.
- A rust- and damage-free spare rear bumper will be included in the sale.
- Later model Brougham alloy wheels with center caps
- Working power windows, fuel economy computer, and great heat
- Near-mint cloth interior
- PERFECT replacement headliner
- Dark tinted windows

The less good:
- The car has an intermittent misfire. The next step would be replacing spark plugs and wires. I probably will not finish this prior to sale, but will include the parts to do so.
- The right rear bumper filler is missing. As mentioned above, replacements are included.
- The windshield has a small leak in heavy rain. The car has lived mostly in a garage or under a cover since 2000, so this has not led to any rot or damage. The previous owner put some sealant on the leak area (on the windshield trim) but didn't do a great job.
- Power seat doesn't work. The steering wheel tilts and telescopes, so this is less of an inconvenience than I expected.
- The A/C compressor needs to be repaired or replaced. It worked until a month or so ago. If you turn it on now, the compressor clutch squeals and tries to lock up.
- The tires are the wrong size. They're too tall. Nothing awful, but I'd replace them because its annoying and this beauty deserves whitewalls.

This vintage Cadillac starts right up, runs, drives, stops, and does other things you expect out of a car. This is a cheap way into a classic car that you can tinker with and enjoy. This is not a desperation sale. I'm only letting it go because I have a kid on the way and too many other projects to give this car the attention it deserves. Negotiation is welcome IN PERSON after you've looked at the car. It will sit in my workshop until the right buyer comes along.

Email and text messages preferred since I am (thankfully) still working. Voicemails will be responded to as soon as possible.

More photos and whatnot in the ad here.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/30/20 1:41 p.m.

Nice

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/30/20 1:43 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Nice

Not particularly, but it has potential. A junkyard 5.3 would take care of almost any complaints.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/30/20 3:18 p.m.

Hahah maybe it’s where I grew up but I like those a lot. In a different life that LS idea would be pure gold

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/30/20 3:23 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Hahah maybe it’s where I grew up but I like those a lot.

I prefer to call that 'good taste'.

P3PPY
4/30/20 4:20 p.m.

LOL. Okay, fair enough. Only thing I see it missing off the bat is telescoping wheel. I had the '89 FWD Fleetwood and fell in love with that option. Water pump gasket was another story.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
4/30/20 4:26 p.m.
P3PPY said:

LOL. Okay, fair enough. Only thing I see it missing off the bat is telescoping wheel. I had the '89 FWD Fleetwood and fell in love with that option. Water pump gasket was another story.

Not only does it have it, but it was mentioned in the ad. cheeky

P3PPY
4/30/20 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

Ha! Nice

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/30/20 9:43 p.m.

85 still had the HT4100?

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/30/20 10:17 p.m.

That is one sweet ride. Someone will enjoy it for sure

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/30/20 10:21 p.m.

This would be a big hit at the Challenge for the Radwood theme. Might not be able to fit between the cones too well, but hey, it would be fun.

In reply to slowbird :

Pishposh. They autocross just fine. 

Powar (Forum Supporter)
5/1/20 7:58 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

85 still had the HT4100?

Yep.

P3PPY
5/1/20 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela (Forum Unterstützer) :

I am interested in seeing the video evidence of this!

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
5/1/20 9:46 a.m.

Great googly moogly, that is chock full of awesome!!

Stampie (FS)
5/1/20 9:25 p.m.

I'm thinking about this way more than I should.  

former520
former520 HalfDork
5/1/20 9:50 p.m.

Growing up, my neighbors had 2 of those.  Both light blue, sedan for Mr, coupe for Mrs.  I remember getting the occasional ride in them and being fully in awe.  Awesome cars, someone needs to bring to Radwood.

I think the door on the coupe was longer than the entire EG Civic hatch I had, come to think of it...

Powar (Forum Supporter)
5/1/20 10:56 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I'm thinking about this way more than I should.  

Fear not! I sold it tonight.

Figured it would go fast. 

Stampie (FS)
5/2/20 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

Congrats and thank you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VLAN2JyyT3PVqKXw1WNy5CixeSbxKi9EDkPs6LuAtQ9LpjaoogPmCdJ2haa8auFW