MrRobogoat (Forum Supporter)
MrRobogoat (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/21 10:07 p.m.

Here's the FB marketplace ad

Looks like in good condition aside from the timing belt assembly needed. Really wishing I had room to snap this up...

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/21 11:53 p.m.

I am telling myself that an Italian car from the NE is so rusty you can hear it crinkling, no matter what the owner says.

Also, lost interest right then? What did they find that suddenly made the car so much less interesting? Was it terminal? That sounds like a surgeon deciding to go chase a shiny thing halfway through open heart surgery....

RedGT
RedGT Dork
9/16/21 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

It's a ridiculous story but no matter how untrue it may be that is well worth $500 and I wish it was closer.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
9/16/21 12:52 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:

I am telling myself that an Italian car from the NE is so rusty you can hear it crinkling, no matter what the owner says.

Also, lost interest right then? What did they find that suddenly made the car so much less interesting? Was it terminal? That sounds like a surgeon deciding to go chase a shiny thing halfway through open heart surgery....

The answers to your questions may be the answers in the background on the same property.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
9/16/21 1:47 p.m.

Funny the engine room photo does not look part way through timing belt change. The covers are still on. Maybe he drained the coolant? Or it sucked it off and he says the empty rad is "started on the timing belt" The belt job is a short days work on one of these cars.

eurotechms
eurotechms New Reader
9/16/21 4:16 p.m.

That would be coming back to my shop if it were closer to Maryland . Like most dead Alfas do

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/21 4:46 p.m.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, glad it is in CT.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DnPEiUsfqirxNk87dsd3WCqNVIxcu2EUkaZZNMSwX9wIJgc5cITlWOirG9IhVUZk