Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/7/22 10:01 p.m.

Too many projects, too little time. I'm throwing this out here if someone wants to pick up and build for the challenge, use for parts, whatever.

From John's oroginal add for sale,

"1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS clone. Drivetrain swapped to a non-sunroof car early in it's life. 2.5L block with T2 head, computer, etc. Paint is shot and there is some rust on drivers side windshield lower cowling. Interior has been stripped as plastic was flaking to death. Both original seats are in car and I have rear seat.

The Good: The car runs and sounds strong Brand new gas tank installed with Walbro 255 fuel pump 4 phone dial rims with used autocross tires (Thanks Pat) 2 steel wheels with used drag tires (Thanks Pat) Receipts for engine build for over $2800 (PO) Aftermarket boost and AFM gauge

The bad: Shift linkage is shot but I have heimed replacement set just needing to be installed Car has an intermittent issue where it will not refire when warmed up. I believe this is a wiring issue.

I had this car running and driving and was bringing to the 2011 challenge when the shift linkage disintegrated the night I was loading onto the trailer. I may have the best intentions but this is in the way of getting my '66 volvo on the road and I need the space. This is a great start for someone wanting to come to the 2013 Challenge in the under $1000 class and play.

The GLHS tag, dash plaque, correct instrument cluster and engine are worth more than I'm asking parted out.

Car is now in Orlando FL, we pulled the engine/trans/cradle out of the car anticipating installing an aftermarket ecu as the factory wiring was suspect. There are many spare parts included in boxes that I am sure could get you to a $0 cost with recoup. Cole had planned to build this car for the challenge and now is a back county guide for Norther Tier, so he is paddling a canoe for the next few summers.

I'll make the same deal I got on the car, if you want to bring a high school or college team to the challenge price is $500.

5/13/22 6:06 p.m.

Wow surprised there is no interest in this car.  Guess it might be time to part it out.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/13/22 6:38 p.m.

I have lots of interest, but I gotta be honest with myself and admit that it isn't going to happen for me right now.

I just cleared out one nearly complete project and am starting on another less complex but more expensive toy this summer. It would be a physical limit push for me to drag it north just to have it sit under a tarp until "some day" rolls around...

Good luck

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/22 6:50 p.m.

In reply to tb :

What he said

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/14/22 12:17 p.m.

Just correcting/updating a few things from the original ad. The heimed shifter linkage was installed. The car also sits on coilovers. It also has a brand new steering rack installed.

The primary issue with the car when I parked it was with the computer. When last run at the Challenge it would cut out around 3500 rpm and seemed to be running VERY rich. At the time we threw a scanner on it and it seemed to show that at idle (~800rpm) the computer thought the engine was at 3000rpm. We surmised the cutout was happening because the computer interpreted the car as over-revving at 3500 rpm. This could be a bad ground, etc. My plan was to change to an MS and get rid of the Dodge logic/power module setup and 40-year-old wiring.

In the brief moments this car ran great, it was very quick. I hate to see it get parted but if that is it's fate, so be it. There are a bunch of parts with the car including two computers (one socketed for chip swaps), and all the GLH badges which could be sold. Someone could easily get the budget $$ to 0.

I signed a clear FL title over to Cole when he bought the car so this could be back on the streets if someone was interested.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/22 1:01 p.m.

Oooof, very cool. 

This could be a rocking parking lot build!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/22 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) :

Also, good to see you around here!!

5/17/22 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks, just been too busy to take on all these projects.

5/17/22 1:57 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Still have the signed title and would really rther this go to someone wanting to challenge the car.

BobR24
BobR24 New Reader
10/17/23 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) :

My name is Bob Rickel. I live in Ocala. I found this post and am very interested if you still have the GLHS clone. Please contact me to let me know if you still have it.

Thanks.

bobrickel24@gmail.com

352-804-2848

10/17/23 10:13 p.m.

In reply to BobR24 :

Sorry car was sold, I think I still have the engine and trans, but the rest is gone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s0blmBC0USvykhJD83HGpS5iW3A6Q6hqhdGvilgIcy2RcJu2GrPNT15RLX365ftx