1 2
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/10/19 7:26 p.m.

This is my project car/daily. I bought it back in January 2018 with a trans that was spewing fluid everywhere; I put a JY trans with 104,000 in it and have been driving it.

new:

flex discs

trans pan

exhaust from downpipe back

front wheel beatings

front control arms

Shocks/struts

valve cover gasket

trans modulator

bad:

leaks a tiny bit of trans fluid still

leaks a little engine oil

paint is thin

drivers front fender has a dent

front air dam is broken

windshield has a crack

rear window is delaminating

inner c panel covers are missing

drivers seat is worn through on the bolster from sliding in I would guess

ive done 20,000 miles with this from April to August of 2018 then I was given a company vehicle and a new job and just don’t have time to work on it or drive it for that matter.  $3800 or trade for $ and something else weird? Located in Findlay, OH

It’ll be on the 16x7/8 Porsche D90s with four new tires.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
1/10/19 8:14 p.m.

Awesome car. Good luck getting it sold!

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/10/19 8:35 p.m.

Weird trades, eh? How about a nice X1/9?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/10/19 9:05 p.m.
gumby said:

The car was sold new in Indy area and lived there it’s entire life till I bought it. My kids would love that but with three kids and a two seater someone will always be happy and two won’t be.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/10/19 9:27 p.m.
chandler said: My kids would love that but with three kids and a two seater someone will always be happy and two won’t be.

We have a similar issue in my house. I am working on an '87 Tbird to rectify the situation. Good luck with the sale!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/11/19 10:01 a.m.

Thanks, hope it goes to a good home.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/12/19 7:29 a.m.

Another shot as a taster....

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/18/19 5:32 p.m.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/7/19 4:27 p.m.

Still here, interested in trades for other odd cars-trucks etc.

RMiata
RMiata New Reader
3/8/19 9:52 p.m.
chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/9/19 6:21 a.m.

Thanks, this car is no cream puff; it is a really good driver/cruiser and a neat palette to make your own art. If it doesn’t sell I will probably wrap it this spring and possibly amg kit it.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/11/19 12:41 a.m.

Ugh I really want this. Too bad its from that part of America crying

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/11/19 7:28 a.m.
yupididit said:

Ugh I really want this. Too bad its from that part of America crying

Is that a rust thing? I’ve been over it with a fine tooth comb and found a spot of grot in the front fender behind the plastics.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/11/19 3:02 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Yes, its it's a personal thing for me. No old vehicles from places like that. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/19/19 12:18 p.m.

I understand that, I hate rust! This thing has been a joy to work on, everything comes apart well and goes back together well.

id like to trade for cash or something auto-x-able if possible. I don’t really have time to build something so trading would be great.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/11/19 7:08 p.m.

Bump, I can deliver it from Louisville to Harrisburg to Youngstown to Toledo and all point between as long as it’s paid for.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
4/12/19 2:56 a.m.

You're killin' me, smalls.  My house is about 35 minutes north of Youngstown, which I won't be at until the 11th of May, and I'm moving to Florida two weeks after. How do you think it'd fare? Does the A/C work?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/12/19 3:34 a.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

I recharged the ac in the spring and it worked for me last year, I put 20,000 miles on it between April and August so it’s a solid driver.

edit: it needs a carrier bearing as well. Not shot just worn for now

Jordan Rimpela
4/12/19 3:51 a.m.

Could it be the carrier bearing? Probably not, but whether that or a U-Joint shouldn't be much to fix. I assume it's dependent on driveshaft rotation and clangs about when stationary, right? Do you by chance have any pics of the interior?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/12/19 4:17 a.m.

MB use flex joints and they were both replaced before I put it in use last spring. The noise is worse in reverse and only shows itself over 45 going forward. 

That’s  from when I drug it home

you can text me 5672o89186

Jordan Rimpela
4/12/19 4:58 a.m.

Ah, I had W126 on the brain. Wait, did my 126 have a carrier bearing? I thought it did. I'm losing my mind being away from cars for the past 8 months. Regardless, I'll send you an email, as I am still overseas. 

Edit: welp, there's something up with my account, so you'll have to email me. It's my first name at grassrootsmotorsports dot com. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/7/19 6:22 p.m.

Still available 

As it sits(I have the other center cap).

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/4/20 7:50 p.m.

New Years bump, still sitting in the same place. Drive it here and there but not nearly enough.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/15/21 9:47 a.m.

Another bump, it's been a minute but I don't really use it much and I'm sure someone else would. The carrier bearing still has play and will need replaced at some point.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/21 9:54 a.m.
gumby said:

Old photo I know but that looks very good.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yFJc4Qff44kVjLU0hk9jBrScVG7PYGmQ9bj6c9NNHcDMNQyhQaKKZjxFkv8D2qWI