Nashco
Nashco UberDork
6/29/16 7:17 p.m.

I've accepted a job offer that is sending me to Europe, so that means unloading some of my beloved toys. I know some of you are almost as weird as me, so you might like this sort of thing too. Here's the craigslist ad for the van, which covers the long story.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5658971232.html

Thanks!

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
6/29/16 7:22 p.m.

Oh, and since I can get all gearheady here, I put the lower profile tires on with hopes to lower it. I never got around to it, obviously, but I already came up with a game plan for it. If you're like me and think this would look better about an inch or two lower, I'm glad to talk you through what it would take for that sort of thing as well. Obviously the car is almost completely stock, so I thought just an inch lower with the VX wheels would still look stock but just a bit cleaner than the original 12" steel wheels with donut tires.

Bryce

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/30/16 7:01 a.m.

Ok, that is cool. A little odd, but definitely cool. Seems like it would be a great road trip van (camping/van camping) except for the top speed means highway driving is probably a pain.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/30/16 7:30 a.m.

Wow. OK, I want that. I never even knew that was something you had.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
6/30/16 8:22 a.m.

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

I'm not exactly sure because I'd never guess it from the pics, but from the air mattress pic it looks like it might actually have more length in the back than a Mazda5. At nearly 6ft, I have to sleep diagonally in the back of mine.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
6/30/16 12:08 p.m.

It's shockingly roomy inside, and that rear hatch lets you fit HUGE stuff inside with ease. That air mattress shown is 80" long (6 and a half feet). I'm about 6 feet tall and my wife and I can sleep comfortably in it. The van can do 65 mph if you really want to, but it's much more enjoyable to cruise around 55 mph and below. We take the back roads and stay off the interstates, it's more fun that way anyway!

Bryce

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/16 2:28 p.m.

Trade for a 64 Rambler?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/30/16 3:21 p.m.
Nashco wrote: It's shockingly roomy inside, and that rear hatch lets you fit HUGE stuff inside with ease.

Huh, so Honda built the Tardis? Should have known it wasn't British Leyland.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
6/30/16 4:37 p.m.

Not that it's safe even with them, but does it have rear seat belts?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
6/30/16 4:39 p.m.

Super cool, in my time zone (almost in my state!), too bad it's a bit rich for my blood.
GLWS!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
6/30/16 6:47 p.m.

Oh I would rock that sad sad day it's the other side of the country and not in my budget right now. Dang

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
6/30/16 8:25 p.m.

That is so cool.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/16 11:26 a.m.

Something else I never knew I wanted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qvb5lG1Sbk7add1MjbpIWIepeyvPQW4F1Qo1BZ0Y7PHGxhKHOKdx5cZkKzBd9Qar