sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
11/14/20 2:48 p.m.

Ok, so I have a 1989 Sentra wagon for sale. I got it for a great price and bought it purely with the intention of saying I owned a 4WD Sentra and to flip. wink I am still in the process of cleaning it up, but I need to move it along so I'm throwing it on here on a wim.

The car is in great shape, and other than the aftermarket 14" wheels it is totally stock. It has less than 70k miles on it. Automatic transmission, full time 4WD (no lever or anything to change to 2wd, no low gear, etc), 1.6 4-cylinder. It isn't perfect, but it's a great "barn find"/survivor, and is ready for someone to do whatever they want to it.  And I doubt you'll find another nicer one for sale anywhere, if you can even find one at all. The body and paint are fantastic, interior should clean up quite well. I put on new NGK spark plug wires, a new fuel filter, and a new steering rack boot. The front CV axles make noise, but I haven't had much luck finding new ones and there's nobody around here who rebuilds CV axles that I can find. Oil pan gasket could stand to be replaced, but nothing is dripping on the ground. AC works but isn't super cold and you'll want to go through it before the heat of 2021 begins.

I'll get it cleaned up better soon and get some more pics posted, but here's a teaser shot for now. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer them the best that I can!

****OOPS! I guess I should put a price, as was graciously pointed out to me. cheeky I plan on posting this locally (Craigslist, OfferUp, FB Marketplace) for $5000. My GRM starting price would be $4200. But, of course, I'm open to negotiating! If I have no luck with any of these routes, I might try Bring a Trailer as I've always thought it'd be fun to post a car on there.****

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/14/20 3:37 p.m.

Probably the most important thing will be a price...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
11/14/20 3:48 p.m.

In reply to russde :

Haha, can't believe I forgot!  Thanks!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/20 4:02 p.m.

This is a perfect car for Cars and Bids...

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
11/14/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, I just discovered that site a month or so ago, and I thought about it as well along with Bring a Trailer.  Either one would give me a bigger "audience" than my other selling routes.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
11/15/20 7:57 p.m.

Nissan offered just about everything but the kitchen sink in Sentras over time...there was even a diesel-powered model offered in the U.S. before this model.  I don't remember if the diesel and AWD were ever offered at the same time, probably not.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
12/10/20 4:00 p.m.

*****Car is no longer for sale on here, moderator please delete if possible. Car will be going on Cars & Bids soon.*****

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cyql7xQF0k0WWDDuTu5mJUlGQuBDQ82PXUGXBIfzpDbBS2wZT0IeR7w4wS0mg1tD