Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/20 10:02 p.m.

NMNA, but I am in the area if people want eyes on it. It looks pretty clean and rust free for the age.

Link to FB Marketplace Ad

This is a Volkswagen 16v 1990, it was going to be my project car but I never got around to it. I wanted to install a vr6 engine but could never find someone who could install the cpu. The car does not turn on all it needs is a fuel pump and some other parts. Recaro seats come with this car, they alone go for 1200. Great car to play around with

$2700

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
12/1/20 8:22 a.m.

Those are fun cars, looks like that one has the power package, power windows/doors/seats.  If it has factory cruise control it's a rare beast.  The recaros are only worth $5-600 tho.  If it was closer to me I'd be tempted to pick it up, if it was a GTi I'd pull the trigger on it.  Hard to buy a non running car from the other side of the country tho...

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
12/1/20 8:19 p.m.

This brings back high school memories for me.  1996 or '97 at Garner High just down the road from Raleigh, my friend drove almost this exact car to school on the days he was fixing his '91 Quad 4 Grand Am. 

"Wanna ride to Hardees?" 

"Heck yes.  Let's go."  

He's driving 50 mph approaching a hard left (this one on Spring Drive)

and I start clutching at the seat belt.  I think he accelerated through the turn even, just plastered my face against my window.  No tire chirp, no understeer.  "Man, this drives a little better than the Grand Am, huh?"

"Yeah I guess"

I bought my '87 CRX a week after that, having learned there's more to life than 1/4 miles and mud tires.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/20 8:54 p.m.

I remember test driving one of these brand new when I was 18.  Needs more orginial BBS wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3beckThr8MB92LCJAbKiRk3IzbXPQFTyqIWkl2DLiccf3ktI8soG1O4SrCCDdjYV