elhartspeedshop
elhartspeedshop New Reader
4/5/21 6:19 p.m.

My daily driver "Work Truck" got replaced by an actual truck, so time to let it go. 

Nice driver quality E30.  Just nice enough to be presentable but bad enough to drive guilt free.

1991 325ix 5 speed Sedan

Good:

5 speed

H&R Sport springs 

HD Bilsteins

Longtube headers

Pace Setter Exhaust

M50 Injectors

SSSQuid Chip

Recent work:

Headgasket

Gates racing timing belt

Water pump

Bad I guess:

205k miles but runs great

Not perfect exterior, but pretty nice shape for an ix. 

Originally from California but has spent a few (5?) winters in michigan

Uphosltry has seen better days

I used to drive it daily and its a pretty nice ride.  Has a couple E30 quirks with windows but everything works as it should including the heated seats, which is nice.  Modern bluetooth headunit.  Comes with bottle caps and winter tires.  Comes with an extra IX engine, automatic front and rear diffs.  

What's a decent price? 7k?

Located in SW MI.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
4/6/21 8:27 a.m.

Lots of "good" here, GLWS.  It even has an uncracked dash!

Pictures of the sunroof, pinch welds, and under the battery box would probably help confirm the value.   Based on your description (nice but not too nice to enjoy), $5k to $7k GRM price feels about right, depending on how quick you want to sell it and the details.  I've recently seen much worse listed in this price range and even higher...You may even find some knucklehead who's willing to pay even more in this market...especially for a non-rusty car in Michigan.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/6/21 10:02 a.m.

5speed ix cars are gold.

Add that to the crazy price e30s are getting now and 7k sounds like a deal.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 10:08 a.m.

Yeah I love these things. Sweet car. 

enginenerd
enginenerd Reader
4/6/21 10:20 a.m.

I'm in SE MI and it has sort of caught my interest. I think 7k is maybe a bit high for the mileage, but people have been asking lots of money for all things E30 lately so who knows. As mentioned before, showing any rust bubbles and/or undercarriage would really help. Looks like a pretty nice driver.

I sold my '87 convertible (100k miles, stock, nearly perfect) for exactly 7k last year. It was listed for a couple weeks but I always wonder if I should have held out for more.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 11:28 p.m.

I was really excited, until I remembered that there is no longer a $2000 cap on cars for sale ads.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/8/21 5:24 a.m.

Buddy of mine was looking for one of these a while back. Going to send this to him.

elhartspeedshop
4/8/21 10:43 a.m.

I can get some more detailed pics this weekend.  There are a few tiny bubbles and some of the black bumper trim has some scrapes, but pretty solid given the age and miles.  There is a tiny crack in the dash.  

I have some other wheel options I can sell it with too.  I wanted to keep the OEM ix wheels to run on a vert of mine, but I have them and some aftermarket wheels.  

elhartspeedshop
4/12/21 12:32 p.m.

See link for some detailed pictures.  Is it rust free? No.  Is rust a problem? Couldn't tell it was rusty when I was having fun driving it.  Its easy to find expensive nicer ones, and its easier to find terrible cheaper ones.  This sort of middle of the road, enjoyable as a rolling restoration ones are hard to find.  

https://imgur.com/a/ALt1tUU

Thoughts on price after these pictures? 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/12/21 1:38 p.m.

I think your price is more than fair. As long as you're not in a hurry, I think you'll get $7k. Maybe even more, the E30 market seems to have followed everything else. That is as close to Rust Free you're going to find in a non-restored E30, at least in the midwest. 

[Insanity]

I'd give you $4,200 for it if you picked me up at the Grand Rapids airport on Thursday night. That is definitely a lowball offer and you'd be nuts to accept it, $4,200 just happens to be the absolute max I can afford. 

[/Insanity]

elhartspeedshop
4/13/21 11:04 a.m.
mtn said:

I think your price is more than fair. As long as you're not in a hurry, I think you'll get $7k. Maybe even more, the E30 market seems to have followed everything else. That is as close to Rust Free you're going to find in a non-restored E30, at least in the midwest. 

[Insanity]

I'd give you $4,200 for it if you picked me up at the Grand Rapids airport on Thursday night. That is definitely a lowball offer and you'd be nuts to accept it, $4,200 just happens to be the absolute max I can afford. 

[/Insanity]

Thanks!

I am all about encouraging a car adventure, just not that one quite yet haha 

elhartspeedshop
4/14/21 9:24 a.m.

I found my paperwork for this car.  It includes a big stack of receipts and proof it was in California, but I sorta forgot this one had a rebuilt title.  Its straighter than other E30's I have with clean titles.  I believe it was damage to a passenger door that was replaced and paint.   

Also since this is grassroots and everyone has cool stuff I should mention I could be convinced to trade for something I can make a ski bum van out of.  

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
4/20/21 9:53 p.m.

Late night browsing question, A/C functional?  (He asks with trepidation knowing nothing about BMW but looking for the next toy)

elhartspeedshop
4/22/21 3:15 p.m.
Jerry said:

Late night browsing question, A/C functional?  (He asks with trepidation knowing nothing about BMW but looking for the next toy)

This would be a fun toy! 

All the AC components are there, just with no pressure in the system.  I had plans to convert to modern refrigerant at some point but never got to it.

elhartspeedshop
4/29/21 12:32 p.m.

Price is flexible if you are going to drive it and have fun plans for it.  You can spend your money knowing its going to get wasted, I mean reinvested, in other cars.   

elhartspeedshop
5/8/21 7:02 a.m.

6k? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XOAkupLOjlpsEhHOcJH653FbyCI0RtDeQhggRqROAPQpvVIcTcvGq6OeZamKvYEE