Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/22/20 7:52 p.m.

Engine has been swapped with a 2.3l turbo from a ford turbo coupe. 5 speed. Lots of mods. Gnari header. External waste gate with screamer pipe. T3/T4 .50 trim turbo. Adjustable cam gear. 255lph in tank fuel pump. Microtech stand alone ECU. One piece aluminum drive shaft. Grant steering wheel. Many other mods as well. No rust on this truck. Newer tires, new clutch. A/C and heat work. Truck is decently quick. Comes with extra parts as well. Has a small oil leak from oil pan.  Comes with extra parts. Asking 4500 obo. Make an offer, worst i can say is no. Located in Central florida on the east coast. More pics and questions answered upon request. Truck is my daily, has been for 3 years. Will consider trades for 4 door pickup.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/22/20 8:10 p.m.

Saw this yesterday on the TF FB group. Good for my budget that you are far away!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/20 8:22 p.m.

So berking rad

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/22/20 9:51 p.m.

I was really hoping they swapped in an f2t turned up to 11. The ford 2.3 turbo is another motor I like a lot. Good thing, it is far enough away for me to not seriously think about checking it out.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/22/20 11:01 p.m.

Are you willing to deliver to Ohio? I'm right off i75?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/20 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Cactus :

I want to offer some weird deal where I deliver in exchange for Evan's 323 GTX.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 9:02 a.m.

yeah that's a sweet truck. I might need to look for something like this for a shop truck. 

Also, I think this might answer curtis question from his engine swap thread...

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
7/23/20 12:30 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Cactus :

I want to offer some weird deal where I deliver in exchange for Evan's 323 GTX.

Come help me get my ramp truck working again, haul the 323 away on the bed of the ramp truck.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Cactus :

While cool that's not as cool as a double ended bi turbo FL/Ohio drive and drive.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/23/20 4:20 p.m.

I wish i had the time to drive it up to ohio to deliver :-( I work too many jobs to be able to take any time off. 

It would make it up there no problem too. I really dont want to sell, the truck is so much fun, I just cant work on it anymore without killing myself. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/23/20 4:22 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

yeah that's a sweet truck. I might need to look for something like this for a shop truck. 

Also, I think this might answer curtis question from his engine swap thread...

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought. Where's Curtis?

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 5:10 p.m.

Here I is.

I could save that engine from an inevitable hurricane.  I'd be doing a good deed.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/23/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Its survived a few already, stout little engine and truck. But you never know when the big one will come. 

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/24/20 5:23 p.m.

No one even wants to offer something?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/26/20 3:07 p.m.

Got an estimate of power or dyno numbers? How about 0-60?  Ever been down the 1/4 mile?  I'm asking out of curiosity for myself, and it may help to define "decently quick".  How is the suspension, handling any good or does it drive like a truck? Any upgraded woah to stop all the go?

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/27/20 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Ive walked a newer cooperS and is250. Cooper from a dig while making a corner. Is250 from a roll. It should be between 250-300 hp just going on what i have for mods and the amount of boost im runnig (20psi) Engine is set updup tohto run 400hp, but it would need way more boost or a bigger turbo. I do have a 70-110 run video somewhere. Have not had a chance to run it at the track, damn life. No performance brake upgrades. Suspension is stock with kyg gr2 shocks. Doesnt really handle like a truck, handles like any other mazda truck. Hardto explain if you have never driven one. 

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/30/20 10:40 p.m.

Truck is sold. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/31/20 12:17 a.m.

Congrats!

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
8/1/20 6:49 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Thank you. Guy from detroit flew down and drove it back. 52$ airline ticket. Friggin nuts. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/20 7:50 a.m.

Header, but pictures show a manifold?

Cool truck regardless!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I6yh3P0uXCeZWPMqzLIKwV4ic5CcbzX1qjaNUKwt7z9CkxoMppxptkuOniI0QNOL