1 2
akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/22/19 12:16 p.m.

First, let me tell you that this car may be for sale, it depends on if my buddy is ready to sell his other car and how much this is worth.

Update, it is for sale, reluctantly.  

I bought it with 88k on it from the second owner it now has 102k, he added bolt on stuff.  Performer intake, headers, exhaust, CAI, throttle body, MAF.

It has functioning AC, cruise, original radio with EQ and tape deck.  I worked on the suspension first with Tokico blue shocks and matching springs, CC plates, X2 ball joints, welded in frame ties, strut tower brace, panhard bar, A-arm bushings in the front, MM lower arms in the rear.  Next came brakes, it has a full 04 cobra setup with a 93 cobra master, HP+ pads and adjustable prop valve.  It also has an aluminum driveshaft and 3:73 gears.  Ignition is MSD dizzy, ford module, street fire coil, and a four position chip in the computer.  Battery relocated to the trunk.

Interior, it has Corbeau seats.  I have a center vent pod and oil and temp gauges that go with it never installed.

Currently on 17 x 8 Ponys from Mavromont industries, I also have a set of 17 x 9 Team Dynamic wheels for it.  The hood has a couple of small dents in it, but I have a real nice extra hood that I was going to have painted to match, and then add vents to the stock hood.  Chicken feeder brake ducts are installed, stock driving lights come with it.

A 306 was in the plans, I was just about to build up my extra short block then I decided to just use the stock bottom end instead, it runs nice.  At this point I have everything except for gaskets to build up the stock engine, but it has never been apart.   

What do I have?  Freshened AFR heads with upgraded valves and a cleanup, matching Cam, lightweight lifters, new roller rockers, extra valve covers, timing chain and gears, light weigh aluminum fly wheel, windage tray, extra timing covers, poly motor mounts, dual fan setup, fan controller, etc all new stuff.

I drive this car to work and on long road trips, it also sees the occasional HPDE at Grattan or Gingerman raceway.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting a lot.

Oh yeah, I also have a full set of Koni DA shocks, coilovers, MM A-arms and a MM torque arm and an Autopower four point roll/belt bar for it, not installed yet.  

Current issues are a rear main oil leak and a timing cover coolant leak, it has been this way since I bought it.  I have never even had the plugs out of the engine, and it has never been apart.  

So basically it's a turnkey driver with a ton of optional stuff to go with it for a deal if a dual purpose car and with project options is your thing.

Grand Rapids MI

Price is highly variable based on the crazy market for Fox bodies and how many of the extras are included.

A drive and fly is preferred if out west, I've never been that way.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/23/19 8:20 a.m.

I’m selling the Fox to buy this.  320 at the wheel on cams.  30k well cared for miles.

It needs raising springs quieter mufflers and a square setup for me to get along with it.

Dumb idea?  Post my Fox on Bring a Trailer?

Mavidoore
Mavidoore New Reader
4/23/19 12:43 p.m.

You're talking about selling my favorite body style mustang in what appears to be great shape for it's age and buying my least favorite body style mustang.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you selling the fox for and whats the price on your friends? I have a front end damaged 1991 GT in my garage that still runs, but also just purchased a 2019 Mustang GT PP1 a week ago.

I vote "Dumb Idea"

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/23/19 8:25 p.m.

GRM price is $6500, and I keep most of the extras to sell.  I was offered the 08 for $8500.  

I need to figure out Bring a Trailer, it may be the place for this car.  

I appreciate the “dumb idea” comment.   These prices are probably dumb too.  Mine looks and drives as stock it just handles better.   Very stock versions bring good money, most are highly modified to someone’s taste.

This is still on the original clutch so it couldn’t have had that rough of a life.  

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/19 9:15 p.m.

This is a nice looking Fox that has many of the inherent limitations (chassis connectors, suspension, brakes) fixed. GLWS!

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/24/19 6:12 a.m.

Closest Airport?

Thanks

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/24/19 9:32 a.m.

Missed Grand Rapids on first read

Interested in car, spare Könis, MM arms, Roll Bar and belts

Might we chat?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/19 10:40 a.m.

How funny is it that the blue one is my least favorite Mustang? Design is truly subjective.  Of course, least favorite Mustang is like saying least favorite steak, it's a small difference. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/24/19 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Oldonelapper :

GRR 15 minutes from my house.

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/24/19 1:50 p.m.

Thanks

you have any time to chat tomorrow, or Friday?

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/24/19 4:04 p.m.

In reply to Oldonelapper :

Free tomorrow Friday looks busy, I sent you my number.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/25/19 8:34 p.m.

I started this sale due to a couple of guys looking for this exact car, year color, interior.  I offered it and so far they passed.  Today I got a strong offer that may go somewhere.  

I struggle with the idea of tracking the 08, I’m sure I’ll get used to it but I really like the upright position of the Fox body.  It’s a lot like the car it replaced, an E30 M3, tall glass and small A pillars.

What I do get is more power, a nicer interior, arguably better looks.  I lose an appreciating car and get one that is sliding down that will probably never go up due to the 11-14 coyotes. 

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/26/19 9:11 a.m.

Txt sent

slomaro2
slomaro2
4/26/19 3:30 p.m.

Very interested. Please send me your number as I'd love to call you about it. This car is identical to the one one of my roommates raced in college. 

Thanks, 

BJ 

slomaro2
slomaro2 New Reader
4/26/19 3:32 p.m.

Very interested. Please send me your number as I'd love to call you about it. This car is identical to the one one of my roommates raced in college. 

Thanks, 

BJ 

slomaro2
slomaro2 New Reader
4/26/19 3:32 p.m.

Also, I can't send pms, so please let me know if you need me to provide my number. 

Thanks again, 

BJ 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/27/19 6:36 p.m.

I’m working on getting pictures of the underside and optional pieces.  

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/28/19 7:13 a.m.

Thanks Tony 

Answered your Email this AM

slomaro2
slomaro2 New Reader
4/28/19 8:54 a.m.

Hi akylekoz. Could you please send your number to me at

shraderbj1@yahoo.com 

When you have a moment? If you already have a buyer, please disregard. 

Best, 

BJ 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/29/19 7:38 a.m.

Typical Michigan floor pans...for a summer only car.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/30/19 5:28 a.m.

I didn't clean it yet but this s the dash and dirty floor.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/30/19 5:32 a.m.

After sitting all winter she fired right up, you can see the chicken feeder brake ducts in this picture.  The 6" feeder pans reduce to 3" tubes connected to aluminum duct plates.  13" rotors and HP+ pads haven't failed me yet, just noisey and dusty.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/30/19 5:33 a.m.

I have a friend coming to look at it on Saturday.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/30/19 7:15 a.m.

Posting mostly to find later. I for one highly approve of the 05-09 cars. Probably my favorite looking Mustangs since they came out. PM me if the suspension bits do go up for sale separately.

lunadean
lunadean
4/30/19 8:08 a.m.

Is this available yet or not because my friends need same car like this thanks for posting.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GhzmkgGXrrCXyn41CV64S990BZYdS8sqJDyBVYLLxchiZDoeZRpGMmt6uU7eqVt5