Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
4/19/20 8:53 a.m.

Up for sale is a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais 442. (Was told it was a W41 I never ran the VIN but I'll supply to you if you like) Powered by a HO Quad 4 and a Gertag 5 speed. The car formerly raced Lemons (not with me) sale of car includes all oldmsobile/quad 4 spares I have. Cylinder heads, cam holders, cam shafts, crank, bearings, rings,ECU's, throttle bodies, factory service tool kit, factory service manual, turbo exhaust header, Quad 4 to VW trans adapter, second set of BBS Wheels. The pile of parts is a lot.

Car currently runs but has top end noise. Previously had a very loose timing set may have skipped time. new timing set was installed but may be off a tooth on intake side. Not sure but I'm not going to get to it any time soon. $500 located in Riverside CA

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
4/19/20 8:54 a.m.

Ugh title is wrong should be 1991 not 1992. Fat fingers on my phone fubbed up. Can admin change ?

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
4/19/20 6:46 p.m.

Waiting for the day something like this shows up closer so I can rallycross lol. 

oh yeah, I also need a place to store it and a truck and a trailer... never mind 

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
4/19/20 7:05 p.m.

In reply to rustybuckets :

Haha it's still in the back of my mind to run Mod FWD with it

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
4/29/20 12:51 a.m.

New lower price $200 need it gone to make room for another Toyota project.

Car will not include seat...but here's some extras it comes with (yes that's a pile of cams under the crank.)

Also includes quad 4 to VW trans adapter for a buggh (not pictured)

​​​

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/20 6:56 a.m.

Do you have the full quad 4 to vw adapter set(plate and flywheel)?  If so you can probably ebay that on its own

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/20 7:17 a.m.

I do have a weakness for quad4 lemons cars, but you're way too far from me for it to be practical. (Ohio here.) $200 should move it. Have you posted it to the lemons forums and Facebook pages? I can post it in the forum for you if you'd like

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/29/20 7:40 a.m.

Kid i knew in high school had one of these that got the absolute e36m3 beat out of it. And it took it! We did things in that car that it should have never been able to do, lots of offroading.  Its the car that made me realize that a 200$ car could provide thousands of $$ worth of smiles. 

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
4/29/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

The HO Quad 4 is ab amazing motor 

I got a local guy that's probably gonna grab it to run as an IMCA dirt track sport compact. There rules state no two seaters and no variable valave timing so this thing is about the highest horsepower car your gonna find for that class

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
5/2/20 10:35 p.m.

Sold sold sold ....bummed to see it go but glad to free up space. Hurts to give it away but glad it's going to someone thats going to get it back on the track

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PSaGO1IBTRsWICIZM2mDydxCBGXkbFuaJe65lOWk5boonjpGUtSZpDhxlWE9q0iq