mr2professor
mr2professor New Reader
4/23/20 11:41 a.m.

Hello MR2 family,

It's truly been a long time since I've last visited the forums and now it's time to officially part ways with Mr. 2 :( If it’s not against the forum rules, I will be posting this on other mr2 sites to give everyone a chance.

Means of Contact: Email, Phone Number after emails are exchanged.

Description: 

It's a 1992 Toyota MR2 T-Tops. Started life as a naturally aspirated 5-speed. Previous owner was a woman working for the DOD and she kept it in excellent condition. ~130,000 miles.

I bought a super clean 4th Gen 3SGTE Caldina with an estimated 30k miles. The engine looked great when it arrived. I replaced the thermostat (timing belt looked good). Toyota Genuine coolant (very expensive stuff). Retained the TMIC. Only used Rotella T6 Oil in this motor.

I sent out my wiring harness to mr220v/Doug his name was I believe (very well known in the community) to convert it for the swap. His did such a great job it was plug in play with the 3sgte ECU.

I had one of the top mr2 shops (I believe it was Prime Performance) build the custom fuel line for this swap.

Installed a Walbro 255lph fuel pump (monster job but was worth doing it right).

I upgraded the drivetrain for this new swap: ACT Full Face Kevlar Clutch, ACT lightweight Flywheel (kept the S54 transmission). Newly remanufactured rear axles from Napa Auto Parts. New transmission axle seals. Installed brand new Slave Cylinder. Only used Redline Transmission Fluid in her :)

Installed Kirkosaurus Red Motor Mount Inserts.

I have Suspension Technique front and rear sway bars that I never installed but will include in the sale.

Suspension is a brand new set of BC Racing Coilovers (installed them and unfortunately never got to drive with them :( )

Installed new brake rotors all around and newly remanufactured rear brake calipers. Installed Axxis Brake Pads (brand new never driven on).

Purchased a MR2 turbo proportioning valve with the lines and can include it in the sale.

Installed ARP Extended Wheel Studs.

Enkei Bortex RPM2 Forged Aluminum 18” wheels.

You can tell that this MR2 is ready for serious work. I worked really hard on it and I’m happy where it’s at. When I completed the engine swap, I was taking it to college to break in everything including the clutch and flywheel. ACT recommended 800 miles before ripping it. But the mod bug was so addictive, I got to about 400 miles before I started working on it again. That's when I decided to upgrade the braking system and suspension.

When I did the brakes, I did not have the bleeder tool to remove the air bubbles out of the system. I bought a few bottles of Motul RBF600 (can include in the sale) but never got around to it. I graduated and since was never able to get back to it. 

While I was doing the brakes, I upgraded the suspension to the BC Racing Coilovers, removed some interior components to install gauges and a racing seat (I might have only installed the boost gauge). Bought the Enkei’s with the tires down to the wire and put those on (still have the steelies). 

So as the car sits right now, the brakes need to have the air bled out. The seats are unbolted and some of the interior components are not in place like air ducts, etc. The Enkie’s need tires (the steelies still have a few thousand miles). The power steering rack has a leak (haven’t had any issues just topping it off). It needs a battery. I believe there is a small leak between the spoiler and trunk because I found some water intrusion over there. It wasn’t much from what I could tell but enough to get in the 3sgte ECU. I pulled the ECU out and had it sitting in rice for a year lol to make sure there was no moisture. The driver side power window switch has been acting finicky, not sure what the issue is there. That being said I haven’t started it since 2016 but only because I haven’t had the time. Wasn’t in a rush and time just slipped by. Now I want another enthusiast to enjoy her.

Price: $5,150 OBO

More pics coming soon!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
4/23/20 11:45 a.m.

Did I miss the asking price?  I have had several of these things, and I just can't seem to stop being interested in them when they pop up...

mr2professor
mr2professor New Reader
4/23/20 11:48 a.m.

Thanks PowerDork, yes I missed it. Just edited the post and added more pictures.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/23/20 11:48 a.m.

Love the car!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/20 1:05 p.m.

Dang love the car and this is very interesting to me...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/23/20 6:42 p.m.

Any rust?  Could you shoot me some interior pictures?  A/C?  Which transmission are you running?

In Jacksonville so not to far away...

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/20 7:00 p.m.

Love some more pictures. Does it run today as it sits and just needs some touches or is the ECU toast from the leaks. Does it still have the NA brakes or did you upgrade to turbo all around? 

I'm really interested but it's a bit away so need to think about shipping. 

mr2professor
mr2professor New Reader
4/23/20 8:29 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Will get more pics up hopefully this weekend.

A/C: Lines are all there but when I did the swap I never transfered it over. I believe I still have all the parts.

S54 Transmission (5sfe trans): Works well with the swap.

No rust issues as far as I'm aware. I've seen what looked like surface rust in very few spots. It's really clean.

mr2professor
mr2professor New Reader
4/23/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) :

I haven't turned it on since 2016. It ran flawlessly when I parked it. The max it should need to get running is: battery, oil change, and 3sgte ECU (~$250 on eBay). That's assuming the ECU is toast which I don't think it is.

Yes it still has the NA Brakes. As in the OP, I freshened them up and have the turbo proportioning valve available for install.

If you can figure something out for shipping I'm all ears.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/20 8:59 p.m.

I'm going to have to pass. If I was able to fly and get there to work on it for a weekend and get it running, different story. Non-op from Florida to Colorado is a killer. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/24/20 6:01 a.m.

In reply to mr2professor :

Great.  I will check back here for the pictures 

While you are at it grab some of the engine etc...

Also I sent you a PM with my phone number.  If you don't get it let me know.

mr2professor
mr2professor New Reader
4/24/20 10:47 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I got it. Will get in touch tomorrow when I get the rest of the pics.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7wm2gwLVe1SEvzfNBYsQxQDMoBeRzU2Z3kWN4hsKKtE3CNtgp060htW7LzSB0r7A