1 2 3
secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/9/19 11:16 a.m.

I bought the car about 2 years ago with intentions of taking care of any maintenance needs and turning into a daily driver and maybe some occasional track days or auto-x. Shortly after I purchased it a family member had some serious medical issues and I just haven't had time to do anything with this car. Trying to reduce the fleet size and cost as well as unclutter the rest of my life so it's time for me to move on. No trades.

Clean title in my name and in my possession.

Two door coupe, 190k miles (oil pump nut has not been addressed), no body rust and only slight surface rust on areas of chassis (looks like a southern car for most or all it's life), black repaint starting to peel on the roof, black interior with leather seats and probably missing some pixels. Car was lowered by previous owner. I forget the brand of the springs, but the ride isn't bad. 17x7 BBS wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DWS in 225/45/17. Tires probably have less than 200 miles on them, but were purchased about 15 months ago. Aluminum radiator installed by previous owner. Aftermarket chip installed by previous owner. New urethane or poly (forgot which) solid motor mounts installed during my ownership. Only one key and it does not work the trunk lock.

I have probably put less than 1000 miles on the car since I bought it. Drove it from Asheville, NC to Columbia SC when purchased and drove around occasionally over the first year or so of ownership. Car ran good, but grinds going into 2nd gear.

Car has not been started or driven in approximately 10 months. There was an electrical drain that would cause a dead battery after a few weeks of sitting, so I took the battery out and it is probably no good at this point. I started to remove the comfort relay under the dash so I could order a replacement as the windows and sunroof wouldn't open. I have not managed to get back to it in 10 months. Parts removed to access relay panel are still sitting in the passengers side.

I have an extra transmission purchased as “good” but have not confirmed this. I also have a new clutch kit and possibly a new flywheel. I also have a spare transmission cross-member, trunk weatherstripping, and weatherstripping for both rear side windows and probably a few other odds & ends for it. I also have some maintenance records from previous owners. I also have an unknown condition T5 (supposedly a world class model from a Mustang GT) that I can toss in if you're considering a SBF conversion.

I think the spare parts, wheels, and tires are probably worth most of my asking price so I'm pretty firm on the price. Car is located about 15 miles NW of Columbia, SC just off I-26. I can't get PM's because I have a yahoo email account. You can call or text me from 9 am to 9 pm (phone # deleted). If you call, please leave a message if I don't answer. I usually have the ringer off and miss most calls.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/19 8:08 a.m.

Sent this over to a guy I know who deals with e36's a lot.

secretariata
3/11/19 8:40 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Thanks.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/11/19 9:17 a.m.

E36 325IS cars are becoming hard to find.

This has an LSD, right?

secretariata
3/11/19 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Best I can remember is yes it has a factory LSD.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
3/11/19 9:57 a.m.

Is 93 the one year only with the M50 non vanos engine?  Same as my 92 525i had.  

If I had the time, I think it can be saved.

Let me just get my current broken car project squared away.  I could use a spare T-5 and an old Bimmer.

secretariata
3/11/19 11:34 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Correct, S50 & no vanos. One of the things that originally attracted me to this car.

I don't think it's that far gone as to need saving, just a little TLC. It was running & driving when I went to pull the comfort relay but it has been either dark, raining, or both the few times I've had any time at all. Family stuff has taken priority and all my free time.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
3/11/19 12:35 p.m.

Great! now I have to pretend that I didn't see this.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
3/11/19 1:00 p.m.

A '93 should be an M50 with VANOS, first year for the E36 to have it.

I like this, but don't need another E36 in my life.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/11/19 1:09 p.m.

Crap. I don’t have my Gastropod yet, and this is in my home town!!  surprise

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
3/11/19 2:29 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Do it!!!

secretariata
3/11/19 3:13 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Right around the corner... :)

secretariata
3/11/19 3:15 p.m.

In reply to MINIzguy :

You might be right about the vanos deal. I can't remember any more (must have CRS disease!).

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/11/19 6:00 p.m.

In reply to secretariata :

I am on the road for the next week or so. 

If you still have this on 3/23, I’ll come look at it. 

secretariata
3/11/19 6:23 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Sounds good. We'll see where things are then.

TJL
TJL Reader
3/11/19 6:55 p.m.

My 95 325is has single vanos. If this has it, it should be on just 1 cam. 

I have not been able to do much with mine since it isnt registered yet, but on the few cruises i took around the backroads it still impressed me. Mine has about 213k miles and still pulls great in the upper revs and feels like it wants driven hard. Lot of car for not much $. 

Also if anyone is scared of parts costs, these really arent bad at all from what i have found. I bought everything to redo the coolant system from fcp euro as well as all the shift bushings and wear parts, whole bunch of stuff for probably about 600$. I dont think it would have been any cheaper if it was my common as crap nissan truck. Some stuff is dumb though but i have a good junkyard al LKQ daytona. The door seals are fancy with the frameless windows, i think the cheapest i saw those new was about 350$ per side. Or like 2$ from the junkyard. 

You dont really look for perfect parts at the junkyard, just stuff with less wear and less broken plastic than yours has. 

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
3/12/19 12:43 p.m.

Parts aren't too expensive. They aren't Chevy cheap and readily available at your FLAPS, but there is plenty of availability and online stores that can get you stuff quickly.

secretariata
3/15/19 7:20 p.m.

Friday bump.  Looks like the rain is supposed to largely pass us by and if we get any it will end well before daylight Sat morning...

secretariata
3/22/19 6:33 p.m.

Friday bump.  Nothing but pollen in the forecast for this weekend...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/19 8:33 p.m.

Well, if it really is an S50 and that wasn’t just a typo, that’s the 1995 M3 engine, yes?

secretariata
3/22/19 8:41 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Typo.  Or just a screwup.  It is an M50 engine with single vanos...

secretariata
3/29/19 6:16 p.m.

Friday bump.  Somebody has got to want this right? smiley

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
3/31/19 8:19 p.m.

I want it, but I can't buy it.  So its not lack of interest.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/31/19 10:52 p.m.

I'm doing my best NOT to buy it. I'm terribly glad you're not local. These seem to have gotten kind of scarce, lately.

secretariata
4/19/19 7:55 p.m.

Car is still for sale.  Sick family member situation has changed but I still need to reduce the fleet. Don't need 5 cars & 3 motorcycles for one driver.  In searching for other things on my computer I have come across additional info from when I originally purchased this car so in addition to what is noted above the car also has:

-Momo steering wheel

-NRG Innovations detachable steering wheel hub

- Bavarian Autosport power flow intake kit

- Bavarian Autosport custom chip

-Eibach Pro-kit springs

-Koyorad aluminum radiator

- ECS stainless steel brake lines

-17"x8" BBS wheels (not 17"x7" as stated above)

-Racing Dynamics upper strut brace

If I'm way off base with my asking price, please let me know...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k6BRd9MtfZYLnBxFo5FsrJQMpeeuULgUEdLpVhcKMlELyugzIfDso7szTypSYgtY