1 2 3 4
BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
2/11/20 11:04 a.m.

I’d be mightily tempted if it weren’t for the sunroof.

engiekev
engiekev Reader
2/11/20 11:31 a.m.

This is waaay too tempting for a cheap rallycross beater!  I'm local too...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/20 11:48 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Please remind me if this car has LSD.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/11/20 11:51 a.m.
engiekev said:

This is waaay too tempting for a cheap rallycross beater!  I'm local too...

Do it! Legitimately, a cooling fan and new passenger glass (or just remove what's in there and Lexan it) and you're good to.

AngryCorvair said:

Please remind me if this car has LSD.

It doesn't. E30 LSD can be swapped in, but I think it takes some half shaft work too.

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/11/20 1:38 p.m.

If I get someone to pick up my truck lease, I'll be contacting you. I may have missed it, but what is the rear end ratio?

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/11/20 1:51 p.m.

In reply to artur1808 :

I believe stock for manual 318ti is 3.45

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/16/20 8:04 p.m.

Unfortunately still sitting in my driveway. Come get 'er gone.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/19/20 12:13 a.m.

$1500

AngryCorvair
2/19/20 1:30 p.m.
classicJackets said:

$1500

jeebus kid, you're killing me!  i'd rather have this plus a utility trailer than my Sonoma.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/20 2:43 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
classicJackets said:

$1500

jeebus kid, you're killing me!  i'd rather have this plus a utility trailer than my Sonoma.

Be careful with statements like that or I'll buy this and a utility trailer for you...

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/19/20 2:51 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
classicJackets said:

$1500

Be careful with statements like that, I might rather have the Sonoma than this! Sonoma is more dd'able in current state in all likelihood.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/20 2:55 p.m.

If I may be of assistance.

AngryCorvair
2/19/20 2:57 p.m.
classicJackets said (and Robbie said something close enough):
AngryCorvair said:
classicJackets said:

$1500

Be careful with statements like that, I might rather have the Sonoma than this! Sonoma is more dd'able in current state in all likelihood.

i said I'd rather, not i'd trade straight across. :-) and the Sonoma is a pretty good DD, for a truck.  i hate DD'ing a truck.  solid axles in metro Detroit piss me off.

AngryCorvair
2/19/20 2:58 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

If I may be of assistance.

i'm surprised it took this long...

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/20 4:18 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Sorry, I've been slacking lately.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/19/20 8:41 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

i said I'd rather, not i'd trade straight across. :-) and the Sonoma is a pretty good DD, for a truck.  i hate DD'ing a truck.  solid axles in metro Detroit piss me off.

Hehe, worth a shot. I'm still interested if you do get rid of it, or want to work something out. I'm looking to DD something other than my Expedition (bonus that yours a GMC), and was thinking of coming over to something newer later this year or early next year.

Sinno
Sinno None
2/21/20 10:48 a.m.

Just came across your thread, what is the status of the car: 

- Still available? 

- What is on/off/fixed (fan switch, speakers, door card, etc.)

- What wheels on it?

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
2/26/20 7:53 a.m.

Hi, sorry for slow response- been having a crisis about whether to keep it or sell. Driver door panel is off m, I think only 1 clip broken but it always felt  a little sketchy/loose. Rear interior 1/4 carpets are out but I have them. Speakers are hooked up to amplifiers which aren't powered. Fan switch doesn't turn the fan on, ill hope to hit a JY and grab a few newer relays to these if that helps things. 

Wheels are M3 wheels, tires are great shape Michelin Pilot sport all season 3 or 3+

MrLittle
MrLittle Reader
3/10/20 1:50 a.m.

Still sitting on this? Unfortunately I won't have a free day to head SE Michigan way for like a week but I would like to come check it out if it is. I'm finally in a position to get back into rallycross and this seems like a potential good start. 

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
3/10/20 6:05 a.m.

Still have it. Let me know if/when you could make it out!

MrLittle
MrLittle Reader
3/10/20 6:34 a.m.

I'm in the middle of transitioning jobs so I'm slammed busy but at least wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I'll keep following along because I won't be able to get metro Detroit way until probably next weekend. I'm in Lansing, if I brought a fan switch, would you drive it back or would it be best to bring a trailer?

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
3/10/20 7:42 a.m.

Meh... Honestly once you get on the interstate, just keep the heat going and you'd probably be alright. Wouldn't hurt to bring a trailer but it is at least drivable - traffic would be the only thing that would make me "nervous". 

Edited to add: Because of the exhaust leak it may be a smelly ride - it also will not be very efficient - the thing runs pretty rich.

AngryCorvair
3/10/20 8:20 a.m.

In reply to MrLittle :

For that drive, I'd bypass the thermal switch and hard-wire the fan through a relay on a toggle. You could watch the temp gauge and switch fan on or off at will.

Template
Template New Spammer
3/10/20 4:03 p.m.

I also happen to know someone who will sell a quick ratio steering rack at a reasonable price...

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/6/21 12:08 p.m.

$2200, fire sale!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WMTwXVuzm48cOycmQm6iZDPRsjcqBFh3CbxtxxHZtcZLE7l0p3eidRQmqaal35bi