thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/19/22 3:43 p.m.

Located in Cumming, GA area. 175,285 miles on the ODO. Asking $13,000. Perfect for hauling and towing and even sleeping inside of! Car life, van life, horse life, whatever life can happen inside a big van! Read more below:

Clean 7.3L Powerstroke E350 Econoline passenger van. Started life as a conversion-light van that I de-converted. Mostly sat doing nothing between 2005 and 2012. Towed a small two-horse trailer here and there from 2012-2018. Used a few times a year starting in 2018 for towing an open trailer with a car.

Has an EGT probe but I took the Edge monitor for my new truck. Upgraded Hellwig load leveling leafs and upgraded Hellwig swaybars. Upgraded N-fab side steps. 4" downpipe and exhaust. Block heater. Brake controller.

Comes with second and third row interior seats (not pictured but in great shape). The fourth-row seat had been a fold-out bed and it was really gross so it's long gone. Solid maintenance history folder available. Relatively new alternator. AC blows cold. Starter is fresh. Windshield was cracked and replaced a couple of years ago but did not leak.

The window tint is pretty yucky. The hole in the ceiling is from a DVD player system that was removed. I only ever use the aux input on the Alpine radio, so I'm not sure how well the radio or CD player parts work, but I think they're kinda funky. The van has upgraded speakers but they're old and could maybe use a refresh. Tires have plenty of tread, and the spare has zero miles. The roof is showing some surface rust, but it does not leak. Aftermarket power windows (front doors) and aftermarket keyless entry/alarm.

Gets about 13MPG regardless of towing or not. Fill the van to the gills and pull an 18' open trailer with a 3400# car? 13MPG. Throw the 3400# car into a 28' enclosed steel trailer and pull that? About 13MPG.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them. Asking $13,000. Reasonable offers considered. You can definitely find diesel vans with a bajillion miles that are sloppy work units that were poorly maintained with interiors you wouldn't let your enemies sleep in for around half this price. This is the cleanest Powerstroke diesel van you will find on the internet at the price unless you want to pay 2-3x for an already-converted 4x4/van-life one.

More pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tMaLoYIzsKyVDJjz2rgx9TSloKXmpS9h?usp=sharing 

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/19/22 4:15 p.m.

Cumming GA. 175k?  Looks good. GLWS

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/19/22 4:40 p.m.
clownkiller said:

Cumming GA. 175k?  Looks good. GLWS

Good point. I amended the OP. I copied everything from another posting I had made and left out those details. Thank you!

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
9/20/22 3:13 p.m.

is it 4x4?

I LOVE these. My daughter wants one to make a camper van. She has cash & we live in the Florida panhandle. 
She is in Spain right now but I'll send her this link.

I have a '97 F350 dually Franken service truck/van with a very accessorized 7.3 & double o.d. It was intended to be an ambulance & sold as an unfinished -finished out to this.

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/20/22 4:10 p.m.
mdshaw said:

is it 4x4?

It is not currently a 4x4, no. It would be a good candidate for the 4x4 conversion, though. AFAIK there were very close to zero actual 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 E350s offered by Ford. There may have been some weirdo dealer jobs, but I think all 4x4 Powerstroke E350s are conversions.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/20/22 4:44 p.m.

If I hadn't just bought a Mercedes E350 earlier this month, I'd probably buy this Ford E350.  Looks really nice.  Good luck with the sale!

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/20/22 6:30 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

If I hadn't just bought a Mercedes E350 earlier this month, I'd probably buy this Ford E350.  Looks really nice.  Good luck with the sale!

Love me some Mercedes E-class. E63 AMG is a bucket list/dream car for sure! Thanks for the well-wishing.

old_
old_ HalfDork
9/20/22 10:56 p.m.
mdshaw said:

is it 4x4?

I LOVE these. My daughter wants one to make a camper van. She has cash & we live in the Florida panhandle. 
She is in Spain right now but I'll send her this link.

I have a '97 F350 dually Franken service truck/van with a very accessorized 7.3 & double o.d. It was intended to be an ambulance & sold as an unfinished -finished out to this.

Love that thing. Cool as hell

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UberDork
9/26/22 4:22 p.m.

My friend Jeremiah will be calling he wants one like this.

Braden

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UberDork
9/26/22 4:39 p.m.

How should Jeremiah get in touch with you?

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/27/22 12:27 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden :

I sent you a PM with my phone number and email address. Thanks!!!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UberDork
9/27/22 4:58 p.m.

Thanks for the response, I am having trouble opening pm lately could you text me your info at are uno zero tree niner seven uno for seven sicks.

Braden

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
9/27/22 6:53 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden :

I don't know what number "are" is. Is that ocho?

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
10/16/22 7:28 p.m.

If anyone was thinking, "man I really wish he would fix the brake drum - then I'd buy it" -- the brake drum is fixed and doesn't leak anymore.

vozproto
vozproto New Reader
10/17/22 12:11 p.m.

I'm actually surpised it is only getting 13mpg. 

I had a buddy who had a crew cab 6"lifted 8ft bed F250 of the same era that was able to get close to 24mpg if you kept it under 65mph. I bet you could eek out quite a bit more mileage out of this. And plenty of life left in that motor. 

thoraxe
thoraxe New Reader
10/17/22 12:15 p.m.

In reply to vozproto :

Several basic maintenance items for these 7.3s can be done to improve the mileage. Namely the exhaust backpressure sensor and cleaning the exhaust backpressure sensor tube (or replacing it). I have not done either. They are inexpensive. The sensor is ~$100, and cleaning the tube can be "free" if you use a speedometer cable and a power drill.

The vans are non-intercooled, though, which makes them take a hit on fuel economy. Your buddy's F250 has a factory intercooler for the turbo, which is worth several MPG. No one makes an intercooler kit for the van, but you could probably mount one low down and add some ducting.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hdvYizJYOsv0lP1KHjlxmQqRf50KYFduEDiwhqzO2HH55Frudid16KNx3g1f090S