JShaawbaru Reader
6/10/22 3:58 p.m.



I unofficially marked it for sale last night in my thread, but this is the official announcement that I'm selling the XJR that I bought from Indy - Guy a few months ago. GRM price is $2600, although I'm happy to take more, and that includes the 18" wheels that are on it now with the new Dunlop Signature tires, and the 16" set of wheels with the snow tires on them. 

Is there a way to break down the purchase so it's challenge eligible? Maybe?

Thanks to Indy, here are some links to threads that contain a large amount of information about the car's GRM history: 

Link to the previous for sale ad

Link to for sale ad that Lugnut listed when Robbie bought it

Link to post Robbie made shortly after picking it up

Link to my build thread

Current condition of the Jaaaag is that it runs and drives, and most things work, aside from the cruise control. There was also a stability control failure warning the last time I started it, so that's a complete unknown. I've got a lot going on with work and stuff at home, plus *other* vehicles that I need to get out of my driveway, so I don't have time to look into it, which is part of why the price may be lower than what some think is fair. Just remembered the check engine light is also on, and I haven't checked the code, but it's not blinking, so the misfire isn't back. Might just be that EGR code from before that had gone away.

On the good side, I did get the auto dim in the rear view mirror fixed by sending it out for replacement/upgrading, the center brake light is now secured to the back window, and I'll even leave the FM to Bluetooth transmitter in the car so you can listen to non-radio things on the drive home, if you want.

This is still what it looks like currently, but with a bit more pollen dust on it since it's been sitting.

Vehicle is located in Waterford, MI between Cass and Elizabeth lakes. Delivery may be available up to 6-8 hours away, but would be quite expensive with current gas prices.

Forum PM should work, but probably best to let me know here if you've tried to contact me, in case it doesn't make it through.

If there are any pictures or other info that would be helpful that can't be found in my thread or the previous sale thread, let me know and I'll try to get it ASAP.

stroker PowerDork
6/10/22 4:43 p.m.

OMG.  My retirement savings are disappearing by the month...  If this post was three years ago...

JShaawbaru Reader
7/19/22 1:22 p.m.

Still for sale. Someone on Facebook offered me $2000 for it and I almost took it, probably should have. I'd probably just start driving it again, but I put the plate on another car, and I'm not paying another $300 to register it again.

Here's the Facebook ad that I finally got around to making over the weekend.

I'd definitely let it go to someone here for what I bought it for, which would make it challenge eligible with the 16" wheels and snow tires as a separate purchase (or if you don't take them at all, since the car takes up a lot more room than a stack of wheels).

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
7/19/22 1:33 p.m.

Saw this on FBMP last night and thought it looked familiar, good luck selling it!

Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/19/22 1:48 p.m.

Would it fly'n'drive to Tampa?

Might talk to the wife tonight 

ebelements Reader
7/19/22 4:56 p.m.

This is killing me. My parents live in Clarkston, I'm overdue for a visit, and I've got a couple grand to spend.

Real talk, just how bad is it? Like... it's rough around the edges but serviceable enough to drive it to work sometimes without fear of implosion? Or, is it closer to... "this spiteful limey is teetering on the brink of salvage depending on the ambient temperature and if the welds/tape/glue will hold"?

I don't need this. My wife almost certainly would point out the RWD V8 sedan and the RWD V8 sports car I don't need and I don't ever drive. But it's a jaaaaaaaag. And I've never owned one. And if I was to own one, this is the one that... makes "it" move.

You know what, Dad would probably get a kick out of it and act as a proxy, hand over the money and store it until I could get up there...


JShaawbaru Reader
7/19/22 6:56 p.m.

Mr_Asa: I can't guarantee anything, but I drove it a 2-hour round trip to work multiple times while I was driving it. As long as the stability/traction control warnings go away, or don't cause any major problems? The one big oof would be no cruise, I tried replacing the brake switch, but that didn't fix it. Could still be the connector, but otherwise it's a hidden vacuum leak or something like that. 

ebelements: See above, based on my experience you could definitely drive it to work occasionally without any critical failures, assuming there are no new issues. Mechanically it seems pretty sound, most of the issues are cosmetic or electrical (but haven't affected drivability... yet) 

Also, easiest way to contact is through Facebook marketplace, if you send a forum message, post here in case it doesn't get to me. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/22 12:26 p.m.

I'm pretty sure that Curtis will want this. I just forwarded him the link. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/22 1:14 p.m.

So I passed word along to Curtis, And he is in Canada until August. However I shared links with him. 


If he's willing to arrange payment while still in Canada, I'm willing to do a fly or road trip and drive to get it to PA if it needs relocation prior to his return. 

dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/24/22 1:54 p.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

So I passed word along to Curtis, And he is in Canada until August. However I shared links with him. 

If he's willing to arrange payment while still in Canada, I'm willing to do a fly or road trip and drive to get it to PA if it needs relocation prior to his return. 

That is what you call world class enabling! Bravo!!

JShaawbaru Reader
7/24/22 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

OK! I'm on vacation until August 1st, and will have very spotty service until the 28th of July, but if he's interested and you guys want to coordinate something I'm definitely on board. 

I do have a couple Facebook marketplace people potentially interested, but since they also didn't message me until I was on vacation, so as long as there's something concrete in place by the time I get back, it's his.

I'm pretty sure the FB people will bail anyway, as they usually do. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/22 6:39 p.m.

PM sent


JShaawbaru Reader
7/26/22 7:09 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Got your message, I'll get back to you tomorrow when I have more time and access to a laptop. 

JShaawbaru Reader
8/5/22 5:30 p.m.


Unfortunately not to anyone on GRM, but at least it's gone, and it went for a decent price... ish

Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 6:35 p.m.

In reply to JShaawbaru :

Congrats.  So what are you going to buy now?

JShaawbaru Reader
8/5/22 6:58 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Nothing for now. I'm back to my 5-car maximum, so unless something else gets sold or has a catastrophic failure, it'll be a while. 

Our Preferred Partners