classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
9/11/22 12:36 p.m.

Guys, listing my 1998 T-Top Camaro here before dealing with FB.

Link to build thread here!

152k miles, bought from original owner last year. 6-speed T56 with 4k or less on new clutch.

New hatch struts, new PCV hose, brake hardlines/hoses and fuel hard lines. New battery, too.

Listing because I have 2 project cars I want to be working on and a 2nd baby on the way. This car freaking RIPS, is extremely fast and fun. Not my style :).

2 brand new (RT615k+) tires mounted and on the car. 3rd brand new tire is mounted on a cracked rim, and 4th brand new tire is unmounted. Car currently has old RE71Rs on the front and the 2 mounted new ones on the rear.

Full set of Continental snow tires on C5 wagon wheels available if desired.

3.42 Posi-traction rear end, but AbS/TC need coding by a true scanner to work.

I'm thinking like 7k? Tell me if that's reasonable or not, seems like 8k or so is what's on marketplace around here.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/11/22 2:01 p.m.

I think that'd be the price for a rust free TX car.  I think that might be a bit much.  LS1Tech could tell you and probably move it quicker there.  

classicJackets (FS)
9/11/22 2:51 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the feedback! I'll join and post it up over there when I'm back in town/add more pictures here too.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/22 6:57 p.m.

Disclosure: my buddy Friggin Mike bought this car new, so I've been in and around this car for 24 years. Mike is a meticulous DIY maintenance guy.

I would have said $6k but I know nothing of the current market for these cars. 

classicJackets (FS)
9/11/22 7:51 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Disclosure: my buddy Friggin Mike bought this car new, so I've been in and around this car for 24 years. Mike is a meticulous DIY maintenance guy.

I would have said $6k but I know nothing of the current market for these cars. 

That's probably fair, tbh. I'm really not sure - and it seems like prices have been up and down around Michigan.

Anyway, willing to work with price for a GRM'er, would love to move it on down the road.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/11/22 9:07 p.m.

I'd have snapped this up, but I have a 96 SS I feel it's my duty to save. 

classicJackets (FS)
9/17/22 6:21 p.m.

Just gonna throw a bump back up here, if anyone is interested before I post to the General public on FBMP

classicJackets (FS)
9/28/22 6:17 p.m.

Hate to bump it, but went live to the public today. Honestly not sure what the market is like but I'll still make aGRM deal 

Link

92isuzu4x4
92isuzu4x4
10/5/22 10:19 p.m.

Can I see some pics of the car??? T top???

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/6/22 8:50 p.m.

In reply to 92isuzu4x4 :

Check the link.

classicJackets (FS)
12/12/22 3:16 p.m.

Hate to have done this and hate to be posting it here, but I got a nice menacing letter from a neighbor (unidentified) today. I pulled the T56, bellhousing, clutch/flywheel. Everything else is still there, including a well-running LS1 (seems to be seeping oil out of oil pan gasket or at the oil filter, nice and wet on the bottom of the pan).

Anyone a player at $1800? Would love to make it go away. Easy street pickup if you bring a trailer.

12/12/22 3:33 p.m.

new neighbors are less cool than old neighbors, apparently.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/13/22 11:25 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

Hate to have done this and hate to be posting it here, but I got a nice menacing letter from a neighbor (unidentified) today. I pulled the T56, bellhousing, clutch/flywheel. Everything else is still there, including a well-running LS1 (seems to be seeping oil out of oil pan gasket or at the oil filter, nice and wet on the bottom of the pan).

Anyone a player at $1800? Would love to make it go away. Easy street pickup if you bring a trailer.

At $1800 what all is included?  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/22 12:23 p.m.

LS1 plus carrying case :)

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/13/22 12:26 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

LS1 plus carrying case :)

Yes but is the T56 included?  If so this is likely worth the 2.2k mile round trip for me.  If not, then it gets a lot tougher.

12/13/22 12:46 p.m.

looks like "car minus trans and clutch bits"

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/22 3:15 p.m.

Agreed, the high value T56 was pulled and the price is for the leftovers. 

These cars are basically worth the selling price of their drivetrain, unfortunately. 

classicJackets (FS)
12/13/22 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yes, unfortunate indeed. Hopefully someone local will snag it this week, may not even be for $1800. Idk. I will need a T56 in the (near-ish) future and with 2 kids I don't think I'll ever emotionally be ready to shell out the thousands of dollars for a complete setup, which is why I'm keeping this one.

It's also back on snow tires; 1800 may be too steep :/

I "understand" the nrighborhood anger - I did this in the street so it would be easy to tow away after, but I still prefer a handshake and a knock over a stamped/mailed envelope and some dog poop.

12/13/22 7:04 p.m.

Why aren't you keeping the LS1?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/22 9:23 p.m.

I wish I needed another LS1. I should not say that though

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/13/22 9:55 p.m.

Man all the good stuff pops up when I'm broke 

classicJackets (FS)
12/13/22 10:03 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Why aren't you keeping the LS1?

Main answer is that FIL has an LQ9, and accessorizing that should end net positive with me selling the LS1. I also don't have an easy way to pull it right now.

classicJackets (FS)
12/19/22 7:42 p.m.

For closure - car sold locally!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ZaqK3pbOEbIpwM0XufEz2CcDMc13vYyPqlMgXEe92XTc3H5NotYOOve0CVSQDm3