volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
6/27/22 7:32 p.m.

Mine! 

2500 Suburban 3/4 ton. 350 Vortec V8 gas engine, 4x4. Runs and drives great, minor scratches, crack in windshield, very solid underneath (Southern truck). Currently listed on Cars & Bids, where it will be sold. Auction ends on July 5th.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lzGLDd2/1999-chevrolet-suburban-2500-ls-4x4

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/22 7:42 p.m.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/27/22 9:20 p.m.

Interesting.  Will this be $7.5k, or $10k, or $15k or MORE???

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/27/22 10:27 p.m.

I'm in

volvoclearinghouse
7/2/22 2:39 p.m.

I'm really surprised the bidding's been as lackadaisical as it has.  Did I do something wrong with my listing?  I took a crap ton of pictures to try to show every little flaw, with the desire to be as transparent as possible.  This is pretty clean for a 20 year old K2500 Suburban. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/2/22 3:05 p.m.

Expect 10 days of "watching" and 1 hour of bidding.  Maybe even as little as 10 minutes of bidding; the last 10 minutes.  

This is how most online auctions go.  These auctions are not Proxy Bid like ebay.  If it was proxy bid, I could drop a max bid of $9,800 onto the auction right now and the price would only go up as someone else bid on it.  So, in non-proxy, if I bid $9,800 three days out, I really have to spend $9,800 and I just gave the other guy 3 days to decide if he wants to spend $9,900.  

It will all come down to the last hour or last minutes and I predict that you'll do fine.  

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
7/2/22 7:35 p.m.

Not to mention it is a major holiday weekend. People are busy right now. GLWS. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/3/22 9:51 a.m.

I just checked back and with 2 days to go the current price is up a little at $4,500.  That seems good, this far out.  I still hold my belief, as I wrote above, that $7500 will be a min which could go multiple levels higher. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/3/22 10:04 a.m.

With 9 unique bidders so far, that's probably a good sign it's going to go considerably higher, unless Cars and Bids has a lot of people who toss in a lowball bid, then disappear.

volvoclearinghouse
7/4/22 12:11 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Not to mention it is a major holiday weekend. People are busy right now. GLWS. 

Yeah, that wasn't the plan. I started the process with C and B about a month ago; by the time we had all the detailed fleshed out it it was last week, and they just scheduled it to start right then. At least it's not like what I hear about BaT, where it might be months before it goes live. 

At any rate, it looks like someone's going to get a helluva deal on a really solid truck. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/4/22 3:36 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

I suspect it'll jump up a lot in late bidding.  Even though it isn't exactly what I want, I am half tempted to throw a bid in on it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/22 10:23 a.m.

A bump for more eyes to see what could be a great deal! 

volvoclearinghouse
7/5/22 11:01 a.m.
John Welsh said:

A bump for more eyes to see what could be a great deal! 

Thanks, John.  As an aside, I placed ads around on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist to potentially point more eyeballs towards the auction.  I'm amazed at how many emails/ messages I've gotten asking me what's my price and is it still available, when I've clearly stated it's an auction and provided the link to the auction. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/5/22 12:35 p.m.

I wonder what it will do, at this price I'm sure people here are thinking, well I don't really need it, but.....

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/22 1:41 p.m.

Just 40 minutes to go and there is an uptick in questions and new bidders.  That's good! 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/5/22 1:58 p.m.

That's a great looking truck! I'll be watching and rooting it on. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/22 2:03 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Smart move on the FB/CL exposure!  Of course to catch some real eyes you'll also catch the mouth breathers.  

Headed into the last 10 minutes.  This is when the magic is supposed to happen!   I think it was at $4,800 with 10 minutes to go.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/22 2:42 p.m.

I thought it would hit $7.5k.  But, if you listed it for $7.5k in a classified ad, the buyer would probably have worked it down to $6.8k so, you got a good price!  

volvoclearinghouse
7/5/22 3:08 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Plus, the buyer has to pay the 5% commission to C&B, so their "actual" cost will be close to 7500.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HJdX9Y5vXTkwKNfhJCyBwEVb8lFYOJUCySpNNSqAI5LMensArZYfleRgVynPYcZb