spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/16/20 6:56 p.m.

CAR IS SOLD

Build Thread.. all 38 pages of it

Car is located in San Antonio, TX

All you need to run the challenge is a a new motor.. or fix the current one..

Price is $2000 for everything and i'll receipt out parts to make it a super appealing challenge build..

Receipted as follows is my idea.... but workable on how we do them.. regardless.. you hand me $2k and I hand you EVERYTHING I HAVE.

$300 for the 17x8 Acura TL reproduction wheels from Wheelership, receipted for $100 per wheel.
$500 for the used set of 235 45 17 Michelin PS4S that i ran for an Hour at MSR Cresson end of march. These have shoulder wear on the fronts but have deep tread all the way around and the rears are a little shoulder wear. but not much
$700 for the Autopower Race rear half cage/roll bar, brand new and uninstalled
$175 each for the pair of NRG fiberglass fixed back seats, total of $350
$125 each for the Buddy club sliding seat rails, total of $250
$100 for the half inch spacers on the front of the car. 
$100 of brand new GLOC R8 pads i have for the rear but will be included with the sale.

extra OEM size battery included at no cost..

$150 for the car including engine with the brembo TL calipers installed on it. car has GLOC r10 pads in the front calipers, they're included in this as well and I'll toss in the stock wheels as well with the car. Stock front seats and all the interior parts I still have are included for free.  Car has a Hasport upper torque mount currently installed on it and i'll throw in the lower Rear motor mount as well with the sale

i've removed the rear seatbelt hardware and the rear seatback latch hardware, i think have it all in a box in my apt. I'd need to dig it up.

This setup would allow someone to pop a junkyard k20Z3 motor in the car and go run the challenge for less than $2k on reciepts.

The bad:

Car has a coolant leak on the front of the engine somewhere that I have not tracked down yet. I do believe the engine still has an oil and water mix internally as well.. i've not had time to deal with it..

There is a rear caliper that i believe the e brake is not fully retracting on. make some noise on occasion when i first start driving. i believe it was the driver side one. but i worked on it 8 months ago and I've not touched it again since so i don't remember which side it was. you can fix this for free within the challenge budget with another stock caliper. 

if you want to tune this car you'll need a Flashpro or K tuner. the flashpro is not hard mounted in the car and is therefore exempt from the challenge costs. 

C

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/20 7:41 p.m.

whoa dang whats actually wrong with the motor for those who havent been following along as closely as we'd like?

12/16/20 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

it got hot and I probably cracked the block..

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/16/20 8:30 p.m.

So, how hard is fitting a V6 and 6spd into it?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/16/20 8:33 p.m.
Thinkkker said:

So, how hard is fitting a V6 and 6spd into it?

Lol. Know how I know you've never looked under the hood of and 8th gen Civic? laugh

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/20 8:37 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

So all the sawzalls?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/16/20 8:38 p.m.

You have met me right?  Haha

Ive spent time ya too much time custom building a dry sump cause....  have plasma and welder. 

and the k24 would be the easy route I know.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
12/17/20 8:57 a.m.

man oh man. Can't say I'm not VERY tempted, even after having slept on it. 

I don't need another project and I DO need to learn more about flashpro. I'm going to go back through much of your thread in my free time today. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
12/17/20 9:20 a.m.

You should be very tempted! 

I'm a lot closer with an 8th gen + flashpro that I haven't really messed with yet if you want to check it out.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
12/17/20 9:50 a.m.

Well, I sent a PM. Let me know if you didnt get it. 

12/17/20 1:06 p.m.

good to chat with you on the phone!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/17/20 1:39 p.m.

We all know how much of a honda-hater I am and this was definitely tempting to me. 

12/17/20 2:56 p.m.

Pending sale to a fellow 8th gen civic si racer on FB.

Robbie has spoken up as interested if that person bails out.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
12/21/20 12:44 p.m.

Why, OH WHY, are all the cools cars up for sale in the winter? 

There's this, that sweet mini that was just sold, and a 3 door GTI. All great prices, all small hatchbacks. Normally all the cool stuff is for sale right after the challenge. Weird.

12/22/20 10:12 a.m.

Deal done on Hazmat... just waiting on the new owner to pickup the car and all the spare parts in a few weeks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mbi2gMBt6bSvAZMdCYNJHJBx0YEF1XpMqTJE3CztgTkuOZauBZ52OTU3FcT78Qcx