dps214
dps214 Reader
8/14/19 3:00 p.m.

2000 BMW M Roadster, Titan silver metallic over black interior, just over 98k miles.

This car is an absolute blast to drive and I’ll probably regret selling it, but between Ohio’s crappy weather and my boring highway commute, it just doesn’t get used enough to justify keeping it much longer. I’m trying to keep the listing short, the linked album has a ton more photos and a more detailed list of mods and maintenance history mods and maintenance list in the attached photo album. Note the photos show a Sparco driver’s seat. That was done to facilitate my tall torso fitting nicely in the car. It will be sold with the stock seat reinstalled or the Sparco can be negotiated into the deal.

Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qKGvTjA1HiNFPXpU6

Major Mods:

Active Autowerke supercharger kit with oil cooler and upgraded HKS supercharger

ST coilovers, rear shocks replaced with Bilsteins and better bump stops added for better control

AKG rear subframe bushings

Mechanical fan delete

The Good:

Extensive maintenance done during my ownership plus some by the previous owner, basically a full 100k mile refresh and then some (full detailed list shown in photo album).

Supercharged power is awesome, 310/270 according to dyno sheet provided by the previous owner. Basically all the power of a S54 (and then some) without the concern over rod bearing failur

Wheels were refinished last spring and look awesome.

Common interior issues (sagging glove box, broken seatbelt guides) have been fixed.

Includes a collection of spares and stock parts and an airbag code reader (some shown in photos)

The Bad:

Recurring CEL codes P1188/1189 (Short term fuel trims) as far as I can tell this is just an issue with the tune that should be easily fixed if you need to pass emissions. All potential sources have been replaced and the engine runs fine and gets reasonable mileage. CEL bulb is burned out so no warning light

Intermittent airbag light for the passenger seatbelt buckle sensor. So far the solution has been to keep the passenger belt buckled all the time.

Cruise control does not work. Air conditioning works but isn’t as strong as it could be.

Rear main seal recently started weeping a small amount of oil. Enough to leave a couple of drops overnight but that’s about it. No other fluid leaks/burns.

Paint isn’t perfect. I’d call it a solid ten footer, but the front bumper has a decent amount of rock chips and has been scraped on driveways some in a past life. Also there’s a small scuff on the front edge of the passenger door (pictured) and a few minor dings that are barely noticeable and hard to capture in a photo. Car was originally equipped with the terrible factory option rear spoiler and now has plastic plugs in the screw holes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
56Fb6V0yoamMgZATCb2IBqAOj2obXA5A2tNdanet8sK07HNf6JnyuFjBbAZHVQDr