g00b86
g00b86 New Reader
1/12/21 3:40 p.m.

Hello All! 

Long time listener, first time caller. 

Recently acquired another new project and I have to prioritize, so I wanted to offer up my potential challenge car up to the group. I inherited this land yact when my wife's grandmother passed in 2018. I used it as my DD for the last 2 years, I put maybe 10k miles on it since then.  I wanted to do a 4.8/60e swap and SCCA it, but between 3 other project cars, my wife's (2) daily drivers and her M3 I have my hands full. I really just want to unload it for what I have into it, and clear up space in the garage of all the piles of service parts I aquired.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, GS trim (I called it the Granny Sport)

currently 91,600 miles on it, fresh NJ inspection until 08/22

When I got it, pretty much everything needed to be gone through. I got the car for nothing, so I didn't have an issue with spending on parts and my time. I use all top teir parts since they are so cheap for service vehicles like this (Moog, AC Delco, Ford Motorcraft, Raybestos, etc). I have a folder full of receipts I will include since I catalog everything. In the 2 years that I have owned it I have done the following:

Front/Rear Brakes including new Lines, Calipers, rotors and rear parking brake shoes. 

New parking brake cable & tensioner

Front Upper & Lower Control Arms

Front Springs and Isolator pads

Front stabilizer bars bushings (P71 durometer) and endlinks

Rear Upper & lower control arms

Rear springs (rears were broken) and pads

Rear Watt's link

Newer V6 mustang 2010-2014 16x7 wheels with new 225/60/16 Nankang SP-9 all seasons & appropriate spacers, new gorrila lugs

Draw-tite Class III hitch for towing my tools, tires and a jetski

Cooling system overhaul including hoses, overflow tank, coolant refresh

Serpentine belt, tensioner and idler

New autocraft Gold battery in 06/2020 850 CCA group 65

Newer Alpine BT headunit with USB and handsfree phone

Oil Changes, filters, trans services, plugs etc

New AC accumulator, orifice tube and recharge in summer 2020

2004 and up cupholder and charger port assembly. The pre-2002 sucked and was shallow enough to spill every time you turned. Annoying.

extr corner marker and bulbs

Things I will include with sale:

Sold set additional spark plugs

(1) TRW pitman arm 

(1) set upper and lower radiator hose (Gates or Delco)

(1) Service grade Raybestos front pads

(1) Stock rear sway bar

(4) Stock steel wheels with rare mercury mountainer center caps that look like P71 police steelies

(1) Motorcraft Trans filter, oil filter and air filter set

Things I would like to get a few extra $ for:

(1) OEM drainable service trans pan. Was apart of the "tow pack" Ford offered

SOLD Addco 650 upgraded rear sway bar (1" IIRC) & hardware. Mounting hardware is NLA and impossible to find in junkyards. I found NOS sets that cost me an arm a a leg to purchase and ship, in expectation that I was going to swap them _SOLD

Pending  OEM 28 spline traction-loc rear carrier, ford motorsport kevlar clutch pack rebuild kit, new axle seals hardware bearings races etc. These are NLA and hard to find as well. the 28 spline stopped in 2001 and was replaced with a 31 spline in 2002 or 2003 if I recall correctly. 

Many photos available, I am open to Facetime calls to show the car. Looking to get it to a good home in the GRM group and maybe see someone take it to the next level I couldn't. I am sure I am going to find atleast another tote full or random parts I bought.

Located in Central NJ. Looking for $2500 for a GRM person and also have it listed locally. Pretty firm on price but I know $2021 challenge rules would need to build some wiggle room in the budget. Open to talking about price to the right buyer. 

Thanks all!

g00b86
g00b86 New Reader
1/12/21 3:56 p.m.

Having trouble with photos

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/14/21 7:02 a.m.

It's so nice!

Jpbrienp
Jpbrienp New Reader
1/14/21 7:16 a.m.

Morning, 

If you do not sell them with the car i would be very interested in the tac-loc set up and rear sway bar with hardware price dependent. 

Jpbrienp
Jpbrienp New Reader
1/14/21 8:18 a.m.
g00b86 said:

Can't PM you but I am willing to selling those off. Contact me at g00b9686 at gmail to discuss.

Emial sent

g00b86
g00b86 New Reader
1/14/21 12:10 p.m.

Sold the sway bar! Thanks Josh. 

Going to move the diff stuff to the parts thread. Thanks!

g00b86
g00b86 New Reader
1/22/21 2:19 p.m.

More parts edited from the list to be sold. Nothing but scammers locally at the moment 

g00b86
g00b86 New Reader
2/3/21 9:49 a.m.

SOLD!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RfvmvnkuYIBzFGg4ijvWJVONDMd9EFcSuozbR6VvH9Vwk0uHKp5bLKXGCf9B2P59