Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/23 6:30 p.m.

Here's the CL ad:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/vancouver-2000-porsche-boxster/7610498349.html

Comes with a ton of spares. Been mine for 4.5 years. IMS done. Needs nothing. Willing to entertain partial trades with cash on your end for the following (manual only) oddballs:

70's-80's Minitruck (REPU, Courier, 720, Luv, etc)

Ford Probe GT/Mazda MX-6

RX-7/8

Or something truly wacky like a Citroen

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/14/23 8:41 p.m.

Mine will soon be for sale in the same price range, so needless to say, I wish you luck!

Javelin
4/14/23 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

I'm so wishy washy about selling it. I love it, I just never use it. We took it to dinner tonight with the top down. 

Javelin
4/19/23 1:54 p.m.

Price drop to $10K. Cheapest clean title 6-speed 986 S in the country. IMS done with receipts!

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/19/23 2:07 p.m.

If only you weren't on the opposite coast, I would have definitely tried to make this one happen.

4/19/23 2:45 p.m.
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) said:

If only you weren't on the opposite coast, I would have definitely tried to make this one happen.

Ahemlaugh

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/19/23 6:00 p.m.

Damn. I wish I was in the market. This is a great deal!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
4/20/23 5:31 p.m.

Sent a message 

Javelin
4/20/23 6:09 p.m.

Since I'm sitting in front of the service records, here's some major highlights:

1/2019 - Koni Sports, CV axles, front lower control arms, rear lower control arms, sway bar bushings at PRE Racing 

11/2017 - Used transaxle w/ 43K miles on it installed at Matrix Integrated (car had 133K on it at the time, has 146K on it today)

1/2017 - Intake center at Larson Porsche 

12/2014 - Bank 2 catalytic convertor at Porsche of Tacoma 

5/2013 - Clutch kit, flywheel, LM Engineering IMS update at Porsche of Tacoma

1/2012 - Water pump at Larson Porsche 

4/20/23 9:59 p.m.

Needless to say, I've been watching this market pretty closely. This car is a freaking steal. Someone buy it.

Javelin
4/20/23 11:01 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Needless to say, I've been watching this market pretty closely. This car is a freaking steal. Someone buy it.

I think if it doesn't sell by this weekend I'm going to list it on BaT no reserve and just see what happens. I know it's cosmetically rough and high miles, but it really is super solid mechanically and the perfect track rat.

4/21/23 9:06 a.m.
Javelin said:
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

I think if it doesn't sell by this weekend I'm going to list it on BaT no reserve and just see what happens. I know it's cosmetically rough and high miles, but it really is super solid mechanically and the perfect track rat.

It doesn't look rough in the pics at all.

Have you tried FB Marketplace? I know it sucks, but it's where all the buyers are nowadays. The guy who gave me a deposit on my car last night found it there. In my experience, Craigslist is a graveyard these days.

Javelin
4/21/23 9:39 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

It is for what people expect a Porsche to look like. The front bumper is a bit worn out, the paint flaked off the door handles, and there's a ding in the top of the deck lid plus the track rash on the wheels. It is on FB, too. It keeps snowing and freezing up here and people really aren't looking for convertibles.

ralleah
ralleah GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/23 12:50 a.m.

Is an '01 B2300 SX (SB, Reg cab) in red, too new for your mini truck desires? It's been 2.5 swapped, and some other goodies. 

Javelin
4/23/23 1:15 a.m.

In reply to ralleah :

I'm interested

Javelin
4/27/23 12:10 a.m.

I'm still in a selling the car mood, but the sun has started coming out up here so I don't know how long that will last. 

Javelin
5/9/23 10:54 p.m.

SOLD

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FmDFzW8X6ia2X3dUnq2L6MAALpEQsYVlrndBIRCsTX0Xa7LI5zXy5mRKzD6rpl04