1 2
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/6/22 6:14 p.m.

Okay, I have too many cars as usual.  I'm also moving soon and have uses for the cash.  And mostly, I have decided to focus on my rallycross Subaru (going full modified), and my 96 Camaro SS (make nice tour car), and I have a challenge AW11 MR2 project.  I'm also moving out of state soon and will be adding my mother in law to the household with her car.  I'm going to need to redo my DD fleet too since I will have a long commute. 

So I'm really tempted to sell this Boxster if it will get the love and attention it deserves.  I just do not drive it enough since I'm always messing with the other cars. 

It is a 2000 S in speed yellow which is a fairly rare color.  It has always performed well for me, and has 3 year old 2,000 mile Conti ECS tires.  It has done one autocross and was a lot of fun for that purpose. 

This is not a perfect Boxster S.  If you want a perfect Porsche, please look elsewhere.  It has a lot of small rock chips (I do have a Dr. Colorchip kit that I have not used).  It has some noticeable wear on the interior, particularly on the frunk lever, and the shift boot is weathered from TX sun.  I bought this car from a dealership in Austin.  I believe it was a one owner car at that time (so it's two owners now).  It lived a long life with the top down.  The seats and door panels are in good shape, but the sunvisors have their doors covering the mirrors missing.  The top has been converted to manual (which didn't bother me because Miata owner previously).  The front bumper is missing the tow plug, has lots of chips and has holes from a hideous front license plate bracket. 

I have new genuine Porsche water pump and AOS that will go with the car.  It has an LN engineering spin on oil filter adapter and Drive DT40 in the crankcase.

The GRM only price is $10,000. If you are curious, I paid $10k 3 years ago.  If this car is not sold by April 18th, it will not be sold!  This is the final day to pick it up and drive away.  If you can't arrange to have it gone by that date, this is not the car for you.  This car has a clear TX title in my  name.  I will buy you a temporary TX tag if you want to fly and drive.  I will be keeping the plate.  I also have a Covercraft Miata car cover that may fit this too. 

I also have a 996 gauge cluster as this one has some pixel issues.  The 997 conversion adds oil pressure and alternator voltage.  I also keep this car on a trickle charger because if it sits more than a few weeks it will drain the battery.  I will include a trickle charger for it.  I also installed a new head unit (stereo) and have the original (included).  The stereo memory is clearly not functioning.  It works perfectly, but loses time and station presets when you turn off the car.  It was wired per the wiring kit instructions (all connections soldered and heat shrunk).  It could be the back of radio fuse. 

Oh yes some of the silver paint on the shift knob is worn off.  This is a very high option 986 with litronics, aluminum knob, and brake handle (rare X code options), and BBS two piece sport design 18" wheels, and I added a Porsche factory painted speed yellow console.  I also went with the genuine Porsche ash tray delete. 

black buttons to release latches to raise and lower manual top

white spots are chips with primer showing through paint

I am in a hurry to sell, or it will not sell.  The sooner you act the better.  I am happy to take any photos anyone wants.  I also have been using ethanol free fuel in this car since I found it at Buccees a year ago.  I have 5 gallons I can use to top off the tank (3/4 now).  Come buy, drive and love this car.  It deserves it, and I'm completely immersed in rallycross and my Impreza now. 

P.S.  As you can see this is how it looks in a dusty, dirty state on an overcast day.  This car really glows in sunlight.  It has been garage kept since I have owned it.  A few GRMers have seen it in my garage as well. 

Final price drop.  $10k for the car.  If you want the IMS solution (LN engineering) and the tools to change it, I will take $11,250 for everything.  

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
3/6/22 6:24 p.m.

What's wrong with the top that it was converted to manual?

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/6/22 6:59 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

No idea.  I'm sure it was the typical plastic bushings in the linkage, but I have no linkage or other parts.  You could source all this from a very Boxster oriented forum member.  

The top is original but it does have a new plastic window sewn in.  Honestly, I am not overly impressed with the job but it keeps out water in the car wash and it's clear.  I'm sure the original had UV damage.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
3/6/22 7:27 p.m.

I've been looking at these for a while and even thought about this very car because I recall you were threatening to sell it a coupla years ago.

Has the IMS been done? If it has 96k it's gonna be due soon.

And I hope the MiL addition works out better for you than it did for me.

3/6/22 7:45 p.m.
rdcyclist said:

I've been looking at these for a while and even thought about this very car because I recall you were threatening to sell it a coupla years ago.

Has the IMS been done? If it has 96k it's gonna be due soon.

And I hope the MiL addition works out better for you than it did for me.

No it has not been addressed.  By it's build date it should be the original double row IMS bearing.  I have the correct IMS solution for a double row if you want to buy it.  I'd sell it for half retail if someone buys the car.  Like I said, if it doesn't sell by 4/18, I will keep it and do these things.  Otherwise I have the stuff if someone else wants to tackle it. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/22 10:16 p.m.

VERY interested in the Apex wheels and/or complete Aerokit - would have to be shipped to 98626 WA state...

If I was in the position to add this car to my fleet, I would. 

3/6/22 10:54 p.m.
Javelin said:

VERY interested in the Apex wheels and/or complete Aerokit - would have to be shipped to 98626 WA state...

If I was in the position to add this car to my fleet, I would. 

If the car sells, we can figure something out.  It'd be way better to GRM relay this stuff because shipping on things this big and clunky or heavy is a real PITA.  I could greyhound it, but that too is a pain. 

3/7/22 6:10 p.m.

The wheels and body kit have been sold to a local guy I've met before that uses a Boxster for HPDE. 

Javelin
3/7/22 7:08 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

The wheels and body kit have been sold to a local guy I've met before that uses a Boxster for HPDE. 

crying

3/8/22 9:14 p.m.
Javelin said:

crying

I feel ya.  My worry is all my cool parts are gone and now I still have the car!  I may put it on eBay or CL soon though.  It'd be really nice to have it gone before the move.  I don't have time to wait for BaT to clear their que.  I could try cars and bids.... 

Javelin
3/8/22 10:05 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Would you be interested in having me list it on BaT and splitting the profits over the 12500?

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/9/22 6:06 a.m.

Yes, go to Cars and Bids.  I just sold my E550 vert on there.  They were quick and it went great.  The only "delay" was in the photographer getting his E36 M3 together and coming out to take pictures.  

3/10/22 4:42 p.m.
Javelin said:

Would you be interested in having me list it on BaT and splitting the profits over the 12500?

No because I've sold on BaT and I know their backlog is probably about 8 weeks.  I will move before then and if I move it, I'm probably keeping it.  Offer me a good price, and you can see how much you can get over that :). 

3/10/22 4:42 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Yes, go to Cars and Bids.  I just sold my E550 vert on there.  They were quick and it went great.  The only "delay" was in the photographer getting his E36 M3 together and coming out to take pictures.  

How long will cars and bids take to from point of contact to the car is gone?  I'm on a tight timeframe.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/10/22 5:08 p.m.

The photos were the issue for me.  Outside of that, it took about a week or 10 days for the auction to start.  Then the buyer has to arrange to get it.  So figure 3 weeks??

3/10/22 5:13 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Thanks, I may look into cars and bid this weekend then. 

Javelin
3/10/22 5:21 p.m.
Javelin said:

No because I've sold on BaT and I know their backlog is probably about 8 weeks.  I will move before then and if I move it, I'm probably keeping it.  Offer me a good price, and you can see how much you can get over that :). 

I was saying this as a ship the car out here and I handle the photos/sale.

If you would rather I just take the whole thing on... I can make you a not-insulting lowball offer...

3/12/22 12:04 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Make me that offer.  I've been selling lots of stuff.  The Subaru may sell too.  The whole fleet is being reduced and remade.

Install the IMS solution, fix the rock chips, install the 996 gauge cluster, do the water pump, AOS, and get bumper plugs for the holes from the plate, fix the top and you'll get 15k for it.  If I have to move it, I will probably do all this.  

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/12/22 12:40 p.m.

I do not need this car.  I do not need this car.  I do not...

3/12/22 6:26 p.m.

Price drop for GRM $11,000.  If I move it, I will do the maintenance, IMS solution, paint chips and sell it for $15.  I'm going to buy a lift so doing this work will be a lot easier.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/22 7:09 p.m.

Nice car, and very tempting, but I need one step more commuter and three steps less money.

But so much want.

Nomikeal
Nomikeal
3/15/22 5:30 p.m.

I am very tempted by this. Do you think it would survive a drive back to Las Vegas? I know it needs some maintenance as mentioned but could it do a 1300 mile trip as is? Seriously considering a fly and drive back for this coming weekend.

3/16/22 3:39 p.m.

In reply to Nomikeal :

It will be fine on a trip to Vegas.  It does great on road trips.  I did a fly and drive from Phoenix to Dallas last year in 2020 in my Subaru.  Long slow highway trips are actually very easy on cars.  I can advise on places to stop, things to eat and sights to see.

3/21/22 2:17 p.m.

Final price drop before moving:  10k for the car.  If you want all my parts plus the LN engineering IMS solution, it'll be $11,250.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
3/22/22 8:59 a.m.

Pm sent. A good buddy is interested and has always wanted his own Boxster. I am tempted to upgrade from my 2000 base boxster, as this is a great deal on a driver. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
MBHw17ADqVTq3f5qlauJp94tFfOM6viycyw8OLhNWcq2iqWa9I3tYVCl42ns7CxY